Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Allardyce cancelled taking part on something with TalkSPORT on Saturday, it looks as though he will be coming in at West Brom.

Okay they have been poor, but they’ve just drew at Man City and arguably could’ve won it. That will give them much confidence.

Gallagher also playing well too, leave him be. Why do people at or support Chelsea want to continuously move him around? 
    Some one on twitter has said Cleese’s might want to move him. They might not. They are probably happy with him getting game time at the highest level. Where else would they send him without sending him to a rival.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Allardyce cancelled taking part on something with TalkSPORT on Saturday, it looks as though he will be coming in at West Brom.

Okay they have been poor, but they’ve just drew at Man City and arguably could’ve won it. That will give them much confidence.

Gallagher also playing well too, leave him be. Why do people at or support Chelsea want to continuously move him around? 
    Because they see ££££'s before player wellfare or development
  • Options
    Bilic confirmed as unemployed 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    West Bromwich Albion have today parted company with Head Coach Slaven Bilic
    Assistant Coaches, Dean Racunica and Danilo Butorovic, and First Team Coach Julian Dicks have also left the club with immediate effect.

A clear out of the coaching team. I hadn't realised Julian Dicks was there
  • Options
    West Bromwich Albion have today parted company with Head Coach Slaven Bilic
    Assistant Coaches, Dean Racunica and Danilo Butorovic, and First Team Coach Julian Dicks have also left the club with immediate effect.

A clear out of the coaching team. I hadn't realised Julian Dicks was there
    He was there teaching them how to twat a penalty so hard you'd wipe out any keeper who got a hand to it.
  • Options
    Allardyce the favourite to take over.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz..
  • Options
    You have to feel for Slaven it would take a miracle worker to get them to stay in the Premiership, a bridge to far for even big Sam I feel
  • Options
    Presumably they assumed they'd be twatted by Man City yesterday, laughable decision really
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Presumably they assumed they'd be twatted by Man City yesterday, laughable decision really
    Surely if you've got Man City coming up, get the new Manager in beforehand so he almost has a free hit!!
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Allardyce the favourite to take over.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz..
    boring, utilitarian BUT effective

Sam Allardyce to West Brom: Analysing his Premier League rescue record after Slaven Bilic is sacked (inews.co.uk)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Surely if you've got Man City coming up, get the new Manager in beforehand so he almost has a free hit!!
    You'd have thought so although not much of West Broms business this season has made much sense
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    You have to feel for Slaven it would take a miracle worker to get them to stay in the Premiership, a bridge to far for even big Sam I feel
    I completely agree with your big Sam thoughts Andy.

The WBA squad will need some serious investment in January, which I think he will demand. (& will probably get)

This would be bizarre, as they should've given Bilic more cash in the summer.

Instead, he brought in loans he had last year, added another Championship loanee & a championship striker. (A quite large fee admittedly, but not a proven PL striker), & not much else.

A point away at City I'd consider an excellent result. 

Strange timing after a gritty ream performance.
    Maybe something more behind the scenes?

Back to Allardyce. If he does get the job, he may just be canny enough to drag them out of the mire. They are hardly cut adrift at this point.

I think it will be the toughest ask out of all the clubs he's either got promoted, had success with (thinking Bolton for their top ten finishes & euro fitba), & most important to look at, his relegation escapes.
  • Options
    Would love to someone from the media ask the WBA Chairman the straight question as to whether they were talking to Sam before the WBA game and to see him publicly deny it!

• Options
    I thought Bowyer was linked??
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Big Sam been confirmed as new West Brom manager
  • Options
    Utterly stupid appointment imo. If you are going to get rid of Billic at least go for an up & coming manger......not fecking Big Sam.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Utterly stupid appointment imo. If you are going to get rid of Billic at least go for an up & coming manger......not fecking Big Sam.

They are not looking at the long-term future, Golfie - just the next 25 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Football evolves. A reliable relegation firefighter of 10 years ago might not be the answer now 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    It's one of those things in CL life that there are certain posters who you nearly always disagree with.
    I reckon Big Sam will possibly keep WBA up & they were probably going down with Bilic.
    18 month contract.
  • Options
    Gets Grant scoring goals and WBA sell for £ms.

Meanwhile Pullis, that other fire fighter is struggling, so far, at Sheffield Wednesday, which is nice.
  • Options
    Here's how it goes:

West Brom stay up this season
    Finish top 10 next year
    Fans get restless about the style of football
    West Brom sack Allardyce
    West Brom get relegated 

Imo Big Sam is one of the great Premier League managers. He's a success almost everywhere he goes
    West Ham have managed to go one better in this pattern of alternating experienced "functional" British managers (to keep you up) and "progressive" foreign coaches (to play better football) - Big Sam, Bilic, Moyes, Pellegrini, Moyes - by actually returning to the same one they'd previously rejected in David Moyes!

Palace followed Big Sam with de Boer (wanting a passing style etc) but sadly quickly reverted to type with the more functional Hodgson. Hopefully they'll get bored with Hodgson and bring in an unsuitable foreign coach to bring them to the next level (down)

Amusing that Bilic replaced Big Sam as West Ham, whereas Big Sam replaced Bilic at West Ham
  • Options
    If it was us in their position would you want a tried and trusted manager who would give us a decent shout of staying up or gamble on an up and coming manager with no experience of the premier league? 
  • Options
    Here's how it goes:

West Brom stay up this season
    Finish top 10 next year
    Fans get restless about the style of football
    West Brom sack Allardyce
    West Brom get relegated 

Imo Big Sam is one of the great Premier League managers. He's a success almost everywhere he goes
    Bolton have slipped a bit since he left.
  • Options
    If it was us in their position would you want a tried and trusted manager who would give us a decent shout of staying up or gamble on an up and coming manager with no experience of the premier league? 
    I would like to see us play attractive attacking football........Big Sam is just a "dont lose " merchant.
  • Options
    I would like to see us play attractive attacking football........Big Sam is just a "dont lose " merchant.
    Which is exactly what most newly promoted clubs need. Stay up the first season and try to grow from there.
  • Options
    https://www.watfordfc.com/news/club-statement-vladimir-ivic

Watford Manager has gone with them in 5th, least they're consistent!!