Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Suspect McGeady will win a recall. 
  • Options
    Parky will get to keep a Range Rover I expect. 
    He brought Jacko to us back in the day and there is always a pint on my tab waiting for him when the pubs reopen. 
  • Options
    Did a great job at Bradford and decent enough job at Bolton

Sunderland isn't an "impossible" job but it does carry high expectations about success and the style of football. Parky seems to have continued on from Ross with functional football and lots of draws!

• Options
    Maybe Sunderland just aren’t as good as their fans think they are 

Probably true for most clubs. I use to follow Wolves a bit. When they were mired mid-table Championship, their fans were overwhelmed with joy when they got promoted. Now they are bitter they are not top 4. They think they are a "massive club" because the won the title when Elvis was 19-years old and don't understand why an ownership that financially cheated their way to the PL won't break the budget and flaunt FFP rules even more to win hardware.
  • Options
    It must surely be Paul Cook for the Sunderland job, although he did quit Wigan in their real hour of need ..  does this show a bit of a lack of 'moral fibre' and commitment to a very precarious cause ?
  • Options
    I'll be shocked if Neil Lennon is still in a job by the end of today.
  • Options
    That's it then, Parky for Celtic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont know how true it is, but have been told by someone they have already spoken to Gus Poyet
    I would like to think my information was almost correct lol.

Poyet was 1/10 this morning, but has now apparently decided he doesnt want to manage in League 1.

• Options
    Now Parky won't need his Match Day jumper, perhaps he could lend it to Bowyer - he could do with a different one?

• Options
    The odds are nonsense anyway. They stick any sort of name in at 25/1 to attract gullible punters, the idea that Eddie Howe would go to the other end of the country to manage in L1 is laughable

• Options
    Still gutted I missed the 14/1 available for Bowyer. You can find some real value in those markets if you do a bit of research. Bookies always seem to be clueless.

Cowley, Cook and Stendel all look worth a punt at those prices.
  • Options
    Nice have sacked ex-France and Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira as their manager after two and a half years.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Now Parky won't need his Match Day jumper, perhaps he could lend it to Bowyer - he could do with a different one?

that's a crew neck, Lee B is more a V Neck man
  • Options
    re Poyet .. as @Chris_from_Sidcup writes, he was sacked by Sunderland back in 2015 and has pulled up few managerial trees since .. he did OK at Bordeaux but was (again) sacked and has not managed anywhere for over two years .. 1/10 to return to the North East ? .. VERY odd odds
  • Options
    re Poyet .. as @Chris_from_Sidcup writes, he was sacked by Sunderland back in 2015 and has pulled up few managerial trees since .. he did OK at Bordeaux but was (again) sacked and has not managed anywhere for over two years .. 1/10 to return to the North East ? .. VERY odd odds
    He was 1/10 until he turned the job down.

Sunderland were all ready to offer it to him hence the odds but apparently he didnt want to drop down to League 1.

although Diego Poyet has liked a tweet where someone said that wont be the reason because he knew what division Sunderland were in before discussions started so there must be another reason
  • Options
    He was 1/10 until he turned the job down.

Sunderland were all ready to offer it to him hence the odds but apparently he didnt want to drop down to League 1.

although Diego Poyet has liked a tweet where someone said that wont be the reason because he knew what division Sunderland were in before discussions started so there must be another reason
    Cheers, I MUST keep up  .. I still fancy Paul Cook for the job but the Cowleys also could potentially do well, though Sunderland lately is a bit of a manager's graveyard .. whatever, I wouldn't be surprised if the job went to a foreigner 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Apparently Sunderland have Lee Johnson lined up. Breaking news in the last hour or so. Think that’s about as far away from the “safe pair of hands” that Parky was as possible.

Johnson could lead them all the way up the table quickly but also see the possibility that they get even worse and he’s gone by March/April. High ceiling, incredibly low floor.
  • Options
    Apparently Sunderland have Lee Johnson lined up. Breaking news in the last hour or so. Think that’s about as far away from the “safe pair of hands” that Parky was as possible.

Johnson could lead them all the way up the table quickly but also see the possibility that they get even worse and he’s gone by March/April. High ceiling, incredibly low floor.
    Very streaky manager at Brizzle. Did well at OIdham and Barnsley, both times walking out on them for another job...
  • Options
    Lee Johnson has been confirmed @ Sunderland

Surprised he's taking charge today

https://safc.com/news/team-news/2020/december/johnson-appointed-head-coach
  • Options
    2000 was only caretaker and they sacked him in 2018 too. 
  • Options
    Stuart McCall sacked by Bradford.

They've now replaced him as manager in 2000, 2010 and 2020.
    Wonder if Parky will be interested in going back.
  • Options
    Farve leaves Dortmund after the 5-1 defeat yesterday
  • Options
    Farve leaves Dortmund after the 5-1 defeat yesterday
    They're hard to please. 5 points off top and just won his champions league group.

Dreadful result yesterday but seems a bit premature, especially as its not as if they have a big name lined up as his replacement. They've given his assistant Edin Terzic the job as caretaker manager until the end of the season!
  • Options
    I know he has done wonders there, but Wilder must be close to the sack at Sheff Utd 
  • Options
    Stuart McCall sacked by Bradford.

They've now replaced him as manager in 2000, 2010 and 2020.
    Shocking to see a club the size of Bradford one place above the L2 relegation places

It's not as if they're down there because of financial problems either (like say Southend)