Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Another one on the managerial/director merry go round. How long will he last this time?
    Been nicking a living out of football all his life.
  • Options
    It still amazes me he once got the England job lol
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Another one on the managerial/director merry go round. How long will he last this time?
    Been nicking a living out of football all his life.
    Heard a few times that he is a really good coach/Assistant, runs really good training sessions etc.

Just nowhere near as good as a manager.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Dont forget he actually beat Curbishley to that England job...
  • Options
    He won’t be cheap, but he will be crap.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Which shows how incompetent the fa are and always have been
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Which shows how incompetent the fa are and always have been
    The FA's biggest problem in 2006 was insisting we had to have a British manager just because Sven had ended up having a few indiscretions.

In hindsight, Guus Hiddink (who was linked after Scolari came close and before it became clear it was going to be one of Big Sam, McClaren, Curbs or Martin O'Neill) was the outstanding choice.

Went to Russia and beat McClaren in Euro2008 qualifying before getting to the semis playing very good football.

Wonder how Curbs would have done with England though?
  • Options
    Shrewsbury Manager: Sam Ricketts and his Assistant are the next to join the unemployment line...
  • Options
    Shrewsbury Manager: Sam Ricketts and his Assistant are the next to join the unemployment line...
    Do you mean Screwesbury? :smile:

• Options
    The Shrews let a 2 goal lead slip away last night and I wonder if the owner/s made this decision in a hasty bad temper. They are having a bad season so far but Rickets has not done too bad a job at a little club that has nil cash to splash on players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Shrews let a 2 goal lead slip away last night and I wonder if the owner/s made this decision in a hasty bad temper. They are having a bad season so far but Rickets has not done too bad a job at a little club that has nil cash to splash on players.
    8 games without a win isn't great though

A strange club though, in that they had one great season in 2017/18 which neither they nor their manager Paul Hurst have been able to repeat subsequently. It seems a long time ago that they beat us in the playoffs, winning both legs 1-0
  • Options
    8 games without a win isn't great though

A strange club though, in that they had one great season in 2017/18 which neither they nor their manager Paul Hurst have been able to repeat subsequently. It seems a long time ago that they beat us in the playoffs, winning both legs 1-0
    true
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Well clearly not... the Shcrewesbury Manager is David Ricketts ;)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Well clearly not... the Shcrewesbury Manager is David Ricketts ;)
    Ah, soz ...... I'm well known for dropping Ricketts. 

• Options
    We have them in 10 days time. New manager bounce expected......
  • Options
    LB getting sacked then?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    Steve Cotterill appointed as the new Shrewsbury Town manager. Not been in management since 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55101053
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Steve Cotterill appointed as the new Shrewsbury Town manager. Not been in management since 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55101053
    As I said.......new manager bounce incoming. Be wary next Saturday.
  • Options
    He's another one that keeps getting jobs with no success.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bound to happen ... I still think he a great guy, but questions around his management level 
  • Options
    Wonder who they think will be better... Cowley? 
  • Options
    Parky I saw this a while back .
  • Options
    Dont know how true it is, but have been told by someone they have already spoken to Gus Poyet
  • Options
    He has gone from 12/1 at 5.20 to 4/1 at 5.30 lol so that information has obviously got around and people have put money on 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Get the feeling that Parky won't last the week.

They're not happy up at Sunderland, especially with their recent signings.
    Oh well, he lasted two weeks longer than I predicted.
  • Options
    Paul Cook would be a much better appointment than Poyet in my opinion as he knows the lower leagues much better.

Poyet hasn't managed in England since Sunderland sacked him 5 years ago.
  • Options
    Curbs 16/1