Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    I feel sorry for Rowett, it isn't the first time he has been sacked rather harshly.  It would be ironic if he lost his job so Eustace could have it, given the way they both left Birmingham.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I feel sorry for Rowett, it isn't the first time he has been sacked rather harshly.  It would be ironic if he lost his job so Eustace could have it, given the way they both left Birmingham.

Doesn't read like a sacking
  • Options
    Don't understand the Rowett sacking at all. He's undoubtedly made them a better side.

They're the sort of team that could end up in a relegation fight if they're not careful
  • Options
    Would expect Eustace and Michael Beale to be the front runners for Millwall.
  • Options
    Kevin Muskett being tipped by HOF punters. Apparently was close to getting the Rangers job.
  • Options
    They came so close to promotion. Missing out like that when you’re basically a lower Championship side has had a huge impact. 
    Would like Rowett with us. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Beale has done very little in his posts at QPR and Rangers, hopefully milllllll will give him the job.
  • Options
    Kevin Muskett being tipped by HOF punters. Apparently was close to getting the Rangers job.
    How to make yourself even more unlikeable. Give that c*nt Muscat a job.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Beale has done very little in his posts at QPR and Rangers, hopefully milllllll will give him the job.
    Beale announced on LinkedIn yesterday he’s not looking to go straight into a job as he keeps doing it and hasn’t had a break in a long time. He’s going to go back to Brazil for a couple of months and catch up with some old colleagues and then reevaluate what he wants to do next.  He’s having a break 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Beale announced on LinkedIn yesterday he’s not looking to go straight into a job as he keeps doing it and hasn’t had a break in a long time. He’s going to go back to Brazil for a couple of months and catch up with some old colleagues and then reevaluate what he wants to do next.  He’s having a break 

Completely understandable and I hadn't seen that so thanks for informing me. The usual championship job suspects like Wilder will probably be mentioned too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    He had QPR in the play off places. I'm not sure if they still were when he left but he was doing a lot better than safe hand ainsworth 

I would be gutted if Beale gets the millwall job, he will do well 
  • Options
    The sacking of Rowett is a mistake IMO. 
    He got a decent tune out of that squad during his time there. 
    Success only comes with stability (as we are finding out). and it looks an odd decision to me. 
  • Options
    By all accounts the football was dull to watch - if you're dull to watch and 6th or 7th, you're fine, but you're always running a risk being awful to watch and still being 15th.

Plus they were in poor form towards the end of the season so it seems to be all going in the wrong direction.

However, they're only 3 points off a play off spot still!!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Rowett gone 
    could be Lincoln bound ? .. another Lincs manager, Paul Hurst at Grimsby is going through a rough patch
  • Options
    The sacking of Rowett is a mistake IMO. 
    He got a decent tune out of that squad during his time there. 
    Success only comes with stability (as we are finding out). and it looks an odd decision to me. 
    Who said he was sacked? 
  • Options
    Terrible decision and reminds me of the Curbs era and look what happened after that, many failures and ultimately relegations 
  • Options
    barstool said:
    Terrible decision and reminds me of the Curbs era and look what happened after that, many failures and ultimately relegations 
    Again, why do you think it was solely the club’s decision? Everything points to the fact that it was very much a mutual decision. In fact, reading between the lines I would say that Rowett instigated it. 
  • Options
    barstool said:
    Again, why do you think it was solely the club’s decision? Everything points to the fact that it was very much a mutual decision. In fact, reading between the lines I would say that Rowett instigated it. 

Yeah Rowett has been on with Jim White this morning and confirmed it was very much mutual

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised at this.

1. didnt their fans racial abuse him when we beat them in the cup a few years back
    2. Sheff wed are set up to fail, surprised he is interested.
  • Options
    No no no Sir Chris. That club is in turmoil. You can do far better than that.
  • Options
    Another Rohl of the dice for the struggling Yorkshire based outfit.
  • Options
    Weird move, seems to have gone backwards careerwise - Tottenham and England coach to Sheff Wed coach.
  • Options
    Mark Kennedy gone from Lincoln. 
    Mark Kennedy's public criticism of midfielder Danny Mandroiu and not Lincoln City's results were among the reasons the head coach was sacked, says Imps chief executive Liam Scully.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67161710
  • Options
    barstool said:
      Curbs announced he was leaving as well
  • Options
    If Weds were to stay up I wonder if Powelly will swing in the cross bars of Hillsborough again!
  • Options
    How on earth is Gareth Ainsworth still in a job at QPR?

Surely he must get the sack soon?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Very very surprised Ainsworth is still at QPR, the stats from their loss at West Brom last night are horrendous. Just looks to be out of his depth. 
  • Options
    Joey Barton sacked at Bristol Rovers.