Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Michael Beale gone from Rangers

Remember Charlton fans wetting themselves over him .. 
    his time at rangers was comparable to adkins, garner and holders stints here.

football management is mainly an instant results business. Haven't some fans set Appleton a points target and if he doesn't succeed, they are saying he should go?
    Probably not some fans, but certainly this one fan.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Beale will be back in the Championship before Christmas. Surprised he lasted this long with a bad start to the season. 
    Or a nice little assistant gig in Saudi 

Could actually see that being more likely , if Gerrard actually stays anywhere long enough. 
  • Options
    Apparently Kevin Muscat is the early favourite for the Rangers job.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66979349

I hadn't realised Damian Matthew was one of Beale's coaches. He's had a decent career in the game.
  • Options
    Neil Banfield was also part of the Rangers team he too used to coach at Charlton 
  • Options
    Neil Banfield was also part of the Rangers team he too used to coach at Charlton 
    Was a great coach/assistant manager on Football Manager back in about 2011.

Plus I'm very sad and found it funny that as my assistant we'd be Neil-Neil.
  • Options
    Forgot about him. Head of our academy in the 90s when we brought through some very good players.
  • Options
    Forgot about him. Head of our academy in the 90s when we brought through some very good players.
    He also got us kicked out of the FA Youth Cup one year for playing an unregistered player
  • Options
    Apparently Kevin Muscat is the early favourite for the Rangers job.
    I remember when he was there as a player. Alex McLeish never once selected him for an Old Firm derby as he couldn't rely on him not to get sent off.
  • Options
    Lampard keen on Rangers job (Glasgow) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mark Hughes must be under threat after Bradford lose again. 18th in L2.
  • Options
    Would think Ten Hag is under a bit of pressure now
  • Options
    Bradford City AFC has parted company with men’s first team manager Mark Hughes and assistant manager Glyn Hodges.
    https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2023/october/bantams-part-company-with-hughes/
  • Options

Sheffield Wednesday have parted company with Xisco Muñoz, who leaves Hillsborough with immediate effect.

Xisco’s backroom staff - Miguel Muñoz, Miguel Gomila, Roberto Cuesta Roman and Antonello Brambilla - also depart the club.

Under-21s manager Neil Thompson will take the team for Saturday’s home game against Huddersfield Town in the Championship.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2023/october/club-statement/

• Options
    clive said:
    Bradford City AFC has parted company with men’s first team manager Mark Hughes and assistant manager Glyn Hodges.
    https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2023/october/bantams-part-company-with-hughes/
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67012337

Been in the job since Feb 2022, so long enough to get them competitive. Bradford at that level should be a top club, so baffling that so many minnows can get promoted ahead of them
  • Options
    Bad day to be a manager in Yorkshire. Heckingbottom could be the next one.
  • Options
    I don't see what Sheffield United really expected to happen? I like the Archer and Hamer signings as players but selling Ndiaye in a really drawn out process and selling Berge was never going to help. Don't think heckingbottom is at all the problem and the owner needs to decide if he's actually going to sell up or not. Spent months messing around with a Nigerian bid that never had the funds. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I don't see what Sheffield United really expected to happen? I like the Archer and Hamer signings as players but selling Ndiaye in a really drawn out process and selling Berge was never going to help. Don't think heckingbottom is at all the problem and the owner needs to decide if he's actually going to sell up or not. Spent months messing around with a Nigerian bid that never had the funds. 
    Did that start with an email from a Nigerian prince asking them to send their bank details?
  • Options
    Harris sacked at Gillingham 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harris sacked at Gillingham 

The Club has decided it now wishes to go in a different direction and will begin the process of identifying a Head Coach to take the team forward.

David Livermore will also be leaving the Club.

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2023/october/club-statement/

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Eh?
    Won six, drawn one and lost four out of eleven games.
    19 points from eleven games, so probably one defeat behind schedule for automatics.
    Unlike a lot of Charlton fans I have respect for Neil Harris, have also spoken to him and see him interact with other football people at U21 games.
    Speaking purely personally, had he been available I would have chosen him ahead of Appleton (Appleton has not been bad for us though, he has kept us in a holding pattern at least, and we hope he can achieve the points needed for automatics which is what I keep monitoring) and given the resources at Gillingham he has put some spark into them.
  • Options
    Wow. 4 points off the top, out of the playoff positions on GD.

Gillingham have been playing some pretty turgid stuff though. 9 goals in 11 games.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Wow. 4 points off the top, out of the playoff positions on GD.

Gillingham have been playing some pretty turgid stuff though. 9 goals in 11 games.
    Anyone know who they've got up front?

That is a mad decision. Recent form WWWLDL and sacked. 
  • Options
    Anyone that signs Bonne should be sacked!
  • Options
    Hope Bonne isn’t giving him a lift home. Losing your job is enough trauma for anyone in one day! 😉
  • Options
    Holden to Gills?