Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options

The Club can confirm that lan Dawes has today been relieved of his duties as First Team Manager.

Nigel Adkins will take over responsibility for the first team on an interim basis.

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2023/september/club-statement/

• Options
    edited September 2023
    shirty5 said:

The Club can confirm that lan Dawes has today been relieved of his duties as First Team Manager.

Nigel Adkins will take over responsibility for the first team on an interim basis.

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2023/september/club-statement/

A terrible start to the season, so perhaps not a surprise

EDIT though I hadn't realised he only got the job permanently in May!
  • Options
    Garnerball claims another victim
  • Options
    (Mitchellball?)
  • Options
    As Technical Director, was it Adkins who sacked Dawes? Maybe he'll do a Mark Bowen and appoint himself as the manager!
  • Options
    Was fairly obvious Adkins was gonna get that gig at some point

Look forward to the bullshit bingo 
  • Options
    Hansi Flick has been sacked as Germany manager.

If only Charlie had waited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lee Johnson has gone to Fleetwood.
  • Options

If only Charlie had waited.
    The first manager of Germany to be sacked, I believe.
  • Options
    Would expect the DFB will be begging Naglesmann to take that. Can't see it being Klopp 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect the DFB will be begging Naglesmann to take that. Can't see it being Klopp 
    Why not Klopp

Seen Liverpool fans say Klopp wont go.

How many more chances will he get to be manager of his own country.

And this time he would get to lead them out at a home tournament that has got to be so appealing.

Nagelsmann is 36 so still has alot of time to become Germany manager, after what happened at Munich if he failed in a home tournament for Germany it could ruin his reputation so more risky for him now,

Klopp being late 50s could feel now is the perfect time to leave England, take the Germany job then finish his career at Mainz where he started 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Why not Klopp

And this time he would get to lead them out at a home tournament that has got to be so appealing.

Nagelsmann is 36 so still has alot of time to become Germany manager, after what happened at Munich if he failed in a home tournament for Germany it could ruin his reputation so more risky for him now,

Klopp being late 50s could feel now is the perfect time to leave England, take the Germany job then finish his career at Mainz where he started 
    I agree leading his country at a home tournament would be a big pull but he's a manager who has always honoured contracts and he's tied to Liverpool to 2026.

Even when that ends he'll be 59, so he'd still have plenty of time left for managing Germany.
  • Options
    Lee Johnson has gone to Fleetwood.
    Will be interesting to see their fortunes compared to ours over the coming months. Who will prove to be the better manager.....although we should do better seeing as we (supposedly) have the better players. 
  • Options

Former Scotland Under-21 midfielder Nick Montgomery has been appointed Hibernian manager following the departure of Lee Johnson.

The Leeds-born 41-year-old moves to Easter Road from Australian champions Central Coast Mariners, where he has been in charge since July 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66705565
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Why not Klopp

I agree leading his country at a home tournament would be a big pull but he's a manager who has always honoured contracts and he's tied to Liverpool to 2026.

Even when that ends he'll be 59, so he'd still have plenty of time left for managing Germany.
    agreed, he'd be foolish to take on a team at its lowest ebb that I can ever remember .. the German International football team rather like the German economy is in a mess
  • Options
    Adkins first interview is absolute cringe

No way he wasn’t told he was gonna get that job and sees himself as an interim, bit sneaky if you ask me

Pretty sure managerial bullshit like ‘together everyone achieves more’ isn’t gonna cut it on a cold Tuesday at Grimsby 
  • Options

If only Charlie had waited.'

'Allo 'Allo ! 

Not a good moaning for him ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nathan Jones has been gone too long, got the Huddersfield job.  

Colin to go over the weekend.
  • Options

Warnock set to leave Huddersfield, Foreign manager lined up to replace him 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Initials NV
  • Options

Oldham Athletic have sacked manager David Unsworth after Saturday's defeat by Bromley left them third from bottom in the National League.

The 49-year-old's exit was confirmed by the Latics almost one year to the day since his appointment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66836860

• Options
    swordfish said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Initials NV
    As I mentioned above I heard Nathan Jones had got it.
  • Options
    Fair play to Warnock, i know a lot don't like him but i think he's great.

"I don’t want to do much until after Christmas; I’ll let everyone else struggle and I’m sure there’ll be an opportunity somewhere. I’ll do a bit of fishing and see if I can get on that TV show [Gone Fishing] with Mortimer and Whitehouse, I’d love that. Who knows? I might get offered £5 million to go and coach in Saudi. At my age, you live for today because you just don’t know what’s around the corner."

The bit about everyone else struggling is absolutely spot on. He knows very well he'll get a few panic calls in the new year and he can name his price.
    Indeed. At this time of year, owners are all about long term plans, and younger coaches rebuilding the club for the next 3 years, but come February/March when reality sinks in, and avoiding relegation is all that matters, you go back to the old heads, with a proven record of turning clubs around.