Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Why was Darren Moore sacked in the end, btw? Has it been explained? 
  • Options
    Didn't the Sheffield Wednesday owner try and claim he'd asked for a new contract on 4 times his current salary. Not sure if that was factual or not but definitely saw that mentioned not long after he left.
  • Options
    It looks like Lopetegui will leave Wolves, with Gary O'Neill his replacement 
  • Options

It looks like Lopetegui will leave Wolves, with Gary O'Neill his replacement 

Former Bournemouth boss Gary O'Neil has been announced as the new manager of Wolves, replacing Julen Lopetegui on a three-year deal.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66447376
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Gary O'Neil is the Red Adair of Football management. Gary did a great job at Bournemouth keeping them up but Wolves may be an ever harder job as it feels that the flames are getting out of control and the fans, just like Lopetegui don't Sense there's enough ambition.

Luton, Sheffield United and Wolves 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Just can't see it working out well for Wolves, no real investment , sold key players and I'm not overly convinced by GO'N being the right appointment for a whole season. 
  • Options
    Mancini has gone from the Italy job.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Just can't see it working out well for Wolves, no real investment , sold key players and I'm not overly convinced by GO'N being the right appointment for a whole season. 
    Cheap option and willing to take the job with no assurances over not selling players etc.

Which as we know from experience, tends to work out badly....
  • Options
    Lee Johnson.

😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    First sacking of the season?

David Gray has been put in temporary charge of Hibs. Always liked his music.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66633584
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holden was his assistant at Bristol City.

Could he make it a double during the week ??
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Lee Johnson has been sacked by Hibernian after five defeats in nine games this season.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66633584
  • Options
    Ye won't be laughing when he's the next Charlton manager 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    That’s a scary thought but actually a very good shout. 
  • Options
    That cannot be allowed to happen 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    More likely to come into support Deano? They are mates and Lee was appointed at Sunderland under Methven iirc
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    siblers said:
    More likely to come into support Deano? They are mates and Lee was appointed at Sunderland under Methven iirc
    He was which is why I think it’s a definite possibility. Johnson won’t come in to be on Holdens coaching staff though. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I was only joking really but if rumours of Holden are through then it's a possibility, unless they have someone else lined up. I don't get the impression Johnson will be out of work for long
  • Options
    siblers said:
    I was only joking really but if rumours of Holden are through then it's a possibility, unless they have someone else lined up. I don't get the impression Johnson will be out of work for long
    Presumed you was but was appointed by Methven previously so could see it happening. 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Dear god no!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Did Methven actually appoint Johnson though?

I thought he'd stepped down from the Sunderland board way before Johnson was appointed.
  • Options
    Roberto Mancini who resigned as Italy manager a couple of weeks ago, has now signed a 4 year deal as the new Saudi Arabia manager.

I wonder what on earth has made him make that career decision............
  • Options
    Roberto Mancini who resigned as Italy manager a couple of weeks ago, has now signed a 4 year deal as the new Saudi Arabia manager.

I wonder what on earth has made him make that career decision............
    If only we'd sacked Holden sooner
  • Options
    Did Methven actually appoint Johnson though?

I thought he'd stepped down from the Sunderland board way before Johnson was appointed.
    According to Wiki... Methven stepped down in December 2019

Johnson was appointed on 5th December 2020
  • Options
    Fleetwood Town can confirm Head Coach Scott Brown has left the club with immediate effect.
    https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2023/september/brown-statement/
  • Options
    Scott Brown gone.

Didn’t he look odd with hair 🤔
  • Options
    Who's calling the shots at Fleetwood? Still yerman over the blower from Cell Block H? 
  • Options
    Losing to Charlton was just too much to take.
  • Options
    I imagine the same names linked with us will reappear on the list of bookies odds