Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Holden to Gills?
    He might fancy the Bradford vacancy as well
  • Options
    D.C. United have announced the departure of Wayne Rooney as the club's manager by mutual consent.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-wayne-rooney-dc-united-31133512
  • Options
    Saw an article the other day saying that Rooney was probably leaving Washington and was being linked with Birmingham to replace John Eustace.

Just checked and Birmingham in the last play off place. 

Will this be a case of a chairman/owner just going for a big name rather than sticking with a bloke who's doing a decent job? 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Saw an article the other day saying that Rooney was probably leaving Washington and was being linked with Birmingham to replace John Eustace.

Will this be a case of a chairman/owner just going for a big name rather than sticking with a bloke who's doing a decent job? 
    Be madness is it happens
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I read that it's because Eustace is attracting interest from bigger clubs, not because Birmingham are unhappy with him
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Ok, that wasn't in the article I read, thanks.
  • Options
    I can't think where Eustace would go, seeing that he's said he's not interested in the Rangers job. There are no obviously bigger clubs in the Championship likely to need a new manager soon, and a PL club surely wouldn't be interested in him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Eustace has gone. I guess we'll have to get used to the club being renamed Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67053921
  • Options
    Eustace will end up getting another job pretty easily I'd imagine.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I read that it's because Eustace is attracting interest from bigger clubs, not because Birmingham are unhappy with him
    How stupid do the two people that liked this feel 😬😂
  • Options
    Eustace will end up getting another job pretty easily I'd imagine.
    QPR might come up soon. I wonder if Wednesday will be interested too.
  • Options
    Eustace has gone. I guess we'll have to get used to the club being renamed Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67053921
    Rooney will no doubt be given a £50 million budget.
  • Options
    3-1 win then sacked. Weird 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    3-1 win then sacked. Weird 

They beat West Brom 3-1 in their local Derby to go 6th in the Championship and John Eustace gets sacked!
    Eustace kept the Brum up last season despite the chaos off the field and has worked wonders this season.

Any well run club in the Championship or League 1 that are struggling ( Birmingham weren't) should check out John Eustace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is a pretty disgraceful decision from Birmingham. Suspect Eustace will walk into the QPR job before the International break is up.
  • Options
    The Times are reporting that Birmingham are going to pay Rooney three times the wage that John Eustace was on - Boy that's going to be one very expensive mistake if they get it wrong.

More money than sense!!
  • Options
    Did I see Garry Cook was their CEO now? Explains why they are appointing Rooney. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Did I see Garry Cook was their CEO now? Explains why they are appointing Rooney. 
    Cook (although he is a Birmingham fan), left his job as CEO of the Saudi league to go there so he obviously saw some potential.

Owners investing money, Tom Brady, a CEO who's been there and done it and now a big name manager. The club profile has been raised quite a lot and i'd guess it's an exciting time to be a Birmingham fan.

Players will also probably be more likely to want to go and play for Rooney than John Eustace. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    It's been mentioned by another poster but just a bit of meat on the bone of Zola's tenure at Birmingham City.
    December 16th 2016 and Gary Rowlett has the Brum in 7th place in the Championship.
    The lovely man and baller, Gianfranco Zola  is given the job as Manager as Rowlett is sacked.

11 matches later and Zola gets his 1st win and after 24 matches he has achieved 2 victories with Birmingham in 21st place and on the 17th April Gianfranco Zola quits after a home defeat to Burton.

Wayne Rooney is about to get the job because of his playing career just like Lampard and Gerrard managed to start high up in management.
  • Options
    bit of a shock....
  • Options
    Rooney going to Brum…. Lock up your Nanny!!
  • Options
    When do they play Leicester? Designer handbags at the ready.