Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options

Horrible bloke but seemed an effective manager.
  • Options
    Well he's effectively out of work.
  • Options
    How on earth is Gareth Ainsworth still in a job at QPR?

Surely he must get the sack soon?
    Might have another London derby next season the way they are going.
  • Options
    QPR are a mess financially. Losing 500k a week and owe almost 90m in loans, player transfers and the rest of their FFP fine.

I know they've got rich owners but if they drop into league one it's only going to get worse for them.
  • Options
    QPR are a mess financially. Losing 500k a week and owe almost 90m in loans, player transfers and the rest of their FFP fine.

I know they've got rich owners but if they drop into league one it's only going to get worse for them.

Wow, that's insane.  I knew they were a mess but don't think I realised how big a hole they are in.
  • Options
    Joey Barton sacked at Bristol Rovers.

Good. Hopefully no one else touches him. It doesn't surprise me as I thought Rivers had ambitions owners with money so seemed to be under performing.
  • Options
    Yet another panicky sacking. Looking at the table, Rovers are 7 points off 6th with a game in hand 
  • Options

Wow, that's insane.  I knew they were a mess but don't think I realised how big a hole they are in.
    The White City area is definitely a hole
  • Options
    Joey Barton sacked at Bristol Rovers.
    What a shame.  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grimsby Town have sacked manager Paul Hurst after Saturday's League Two defeat at Doncaster Rovers.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67251624
  • Options
    Can’t believe it’s taken that long, thought he should have been sacked at the end of last season.
  • Options
    Can’t believe it’s taken that long, thought he should have been sacked at the end of last season.
    He should never have been appointed.
    Ha, remember that haka thing he showed his team soon after his appointment?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    He should never have been appointed.
    Ha, remember that haka thing he showed his team soon after his appointment?
    He got the QPR team to do a haka?!

Imagine if we did that - "6 players will be out for around 7 months with hamstring injuries...."
    No he got "some guy" to perform a haka type thing to his squad in an indoor "learning room".
    It was bizarre. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIL9e6WtLvw&ab_channel=QPRFC
  • Options
    Another Paul Tisdale. Legend at one club, then struggled when he tried to move on.
  • Options
    Rumours that Warnock could be set for the QPR job.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Grimsby Town have sacked manager Paul Hurst after Saturday's League Two defeat at Doncaster Rovers.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67251624
    I 'predicted' this (wasn't difficult) a while back, the Mariners are on a terrible run of form after a decent start .. the last thing they need is a revisit to the National League .. as ever the problem is who can come in and quickly change things 
  • Options
    Warnock to QPR just seems like a disastrous idea. Fine in Feb/March when he can have a short term impact , but surely they've got to be looking at Eustace? 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Warnock to QPR just seems like a disastrous idea. Fine in Feb/March when he can have a short term impact , but surely they've got to be looking at Eustace? 
    I'm sure they are looking at Eustace but personally i'd say he's in a position where he can probably afford to wait and see what better opportunities come his way. 

Right now with their financial issues, QPR is a long way from being a good opportunity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'm sure they are looking at Eustace but personally i'd say he's in a position where he can probably afford to wait and see what better opportunities come his way. 

Right now with their financial issues, QPR is a long way from being a good opportunity.

Yeah there's bound to be Norwich coming up soon as I don't see Wagner lasting much longer there , probably a fair safer bet for someone like Eustace.

Warnock just feels like a " get the fans off our backs" type move from under pressure owners.
  • Options
    Will this be his final final final job?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Will this be his final final final job?
    IF he goes there, that will be his 3rd spell as super 'oops manager .. IF he goes there, I'll wager he keeps them up .. doubtless (i m o lol), the man is a very good manager
  • Options
    Ian Dowie has ruled himself in for the QPR job along with Rooney, and Jurgen Klopps brother Clipperty 

PS thats Mickey Rooney,
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Millwall is a more attractive job for a start
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Nigel Pearson sacked by Bristol City 

Jason Euell has left as well
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Nigel Pearson sacked by Bristol City 

Jason Euell has left as well
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67256945

Bristol City have sacked manager Nigel Pearson after two and a half years in charge, with the Robins 15th in the Championship.
    The 60-year-old was appointed in February 2021, initially on a short-term deal, and was the second-longest serving manager in the Championship.

That sums up the short term nature of managerial reigns now.
  • Options
    Yes they're 15th but 5 points off the last playoff spot and two thirds of the season left to play.
  • Options
    The Championship is perhaps where the insanity of modern football is most vibrantly expressed