Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• shirty5 said:
    Nigel Pearson sacked by Bristol City 

Jason Euell has left as well
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67256945

Bristol City have sacked manager Nigel Pearson after two and a half years in charge, with the Robins 15th in the Championship.
    The 60-year-old was appointed in February 2021, initially on a short-term deal, and was the second-longest serving manager in the Championship.

That sums up the short term nature of managerial reigns now.
    He'll be rocking up at the valley in a few months 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Ex Millwall youth coach apparently.
  • Richard J said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Ex Millwall youth coach apparently.
    1st game ?, a relegation zone 6 pointer v Rotherham
  • Tranmere Rovers have appointed interim boss Nigel Adkins their permanent manager on a two-and-a-half-year deal.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67300762
  • Bradford City will not be appointing Danny Cowley as their new manager after he changed his mind about taking over the League Two club.

The former Lincoln and Portsmouth boss had agreed terms at the start of the week but had a change of heart because of family reasons.

Midfielder Kevin McDonald had a spell as player-caretaker after Mark Hughes' exit but has now relinquished the role.

Mark Trueman will take caretaker charge for Saturday's FA Cup tie with Wycombe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67289705

• Yeah the family said ‘we ain’t moving to Bradford’ 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Yeah the family said ‘we ain’t moving to Bradford’ 
    Many a true thing said in jest!
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67320585

Chelsea manager Emma Hayes is to leave the Women's Super League club at the end of the season.
    Hayes will pursue "a new opportunity outside the WSL and club football", said Chelsea.
  • Would expect Hayes is off to manage the US Women's national team. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect Hayes is off to manage the US Women's national team. 
    As long as she's not doing punditry i'm happy . So Annoying 
  • edited November 2023
    Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect Eustace and Michael Beale to be the front runners for Millwall.
    Beale has done very little in his posts at QPR and Rangers, hopefully milllllll will give him the job.
    Beale announced on LinkedIn yesterday he’s not looking to go straight into a job as he keeps doing it and hasn’t had a break in a long time. He’s going to go back to Brazil for a couple of months and catch up with some old colleagues and then reevaluate what he wants to do next.  He’s having a break 

Like many a good coach, Michael Beale has found the demands at a big club like Glasgow Rangers(Their fan base is massive) the buck stops with you when your title is manager. 

Also, after talking about loyalty just a month or so before quitting QPR wasn't a great look.

Beale needs to regroup and find the right team if he wants to be a number one but accept just like 'snakes and ladders' it possibly will be lower down the Pyramid.
  • edited November 2023
    barstool said:
    Terrible decision and reminds me of the Curbs era and look what happened after that, many failures and ultimately relegations 
    Again, why do you think it was solely the club’s decision? Everything points to the fact that it was very much a mutual decision. In fact, reading between the lines I would say that Rowett instigated it. 

It sounds like you are right:
    Gary Rowlett has done a decent job at Millwall but I wonder since the death of the owner if the budget has changed and he realises he had hit the ceiling with how far he can take the club?
    Leicester struggled after their owner died in the helicopter crash and it was a shocking car accident that happened to John Berylson who had given Millwall stability in his 17 year tenure. 

Also there could be family reasons why Rowlett decided to call it a day ?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect Hayes is off to manage the US Women's national team. 

Would seem like the next step in her coaching career. 
    Started coaching at just 20 years old and USA national team is probably the biggest job in Women's football with the most successful CV in World cups with 4 wins since the first WC in 91.

• Big blow that for Oxford. Hopefully Mousinho will be tempted away next!
  • Wow... Talk about a change of fortunes for Manning

Basically took Milton Keynes from the Play-Offs to relegation - Has rescued his career a bit with Oxford, and has jumped ship just three months into the season

I'd be a bit pissed if I was an Oxford fan
    Works both ways I guess - there's no loyalty from clubs to managers these days to see.if they can ride out a bad patch, so why should managers not take chances that come their way as a result of a good spell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big change of fortunes for Manning after how south things went at the end of his spell at MK Dons , Oxford do look to be contenders but I guess it's one of those where how often will a Championship role come up and he's going to take the chance that's been offered to him. 

Will be interesting to see who's linked to Oxford - can see them sticking close to the Manning type mould. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Big change of fortunes for Manning after how south things went at the end of his spell at MK Dons , Oxford do look to be contenders but I guess it's one of those where how often will a Championship role come up and he's going to take the chance that's been offered to him. 

Will be interesting to see who's linked to Oxford - can see them sticking close to the Manning type mould. 
    Hopefully Appleton. 
    He's got form for moving on quickly!
  • edited November 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Big change of fortunes for Manning after how south things went at the end of his spell at MK Dons , Oxford do look to be contenders but I guess it's one of those where how often will a Championship role come up and he's going to take the chance that's been offered to him. 

Hopefully Appleton. 

Think if there's one club that could tempt him , it's Oxford.

Wouldn't be surprised see Bows in the mix for this one if he still wants to manage.
  • Millwall Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Joe Edwards as its new Head Coach.

The 37-year-old joins The Lions alongside Andy Myers, who will be installed as Assistant Head Coach. Adam Barrett - who has overseen the last four matches on a caretaker basis - and Andy Marshall, meanwhile, will remain part of the club's backroom staff.

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2023/november/06/millwall-confirm-joe-edwards-as-new-head-coach/

• MarcusH26 said:
    The merry go round

Appointed by MK Dons in May
    Manager of the month for August
    Sacked by MK Dons in October
    Appointed by Bradford in November
  • MarcusH26 said:
    The merry go round

Appointed by MK Dons in May
    Manager of the month for August
    Sacked by MK Dons in October
    Appointed by Bradford in November

Sums up most lower league appointments nowadays it seems , just another name off the usual suspects pile. 

• Amazing they can keep getting work really..
  • Clever agents?