Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• League Two side Doncaster Rovers have reappointed Grant McCann as manager.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65570253
  • In other words, Levy offered him the job, JN told him to get knotted, now Donna Cullen (Spurs' Head of Comms) has leaked to the media he was never a contender.

#WelcomeBrendan.  FML.
  • Potter maybe?  
  • Darren Moore might be free next week. 
  • Darren Moore might be free next week. 
    Surely their board will look at the number of points they got and take that into consideration. Has a team ever finished 3rd on 96 points before?

I think that sacking him will be very very harsh
  • edited May 2023
    Darren Moore might be free next week. 
    Surely their board will look at the number of points they got and take that into consideration. Has a team ever finished 3rd on 96 points before?

I think that sacking him will be very very harsh
    Unless there are internal disagreements.

It's not always about points/performance/position- it can be a breakdown of working relationships between manager and board.

• Dont see him being much of an improvement on Tuchal

• Their bloated squad needs thinning out first
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame as I quite like Pochettino but will be hoping he's awful now!
  • Potter maybe?  
    Would be great to see Spurs go for Potter and Chelsea Pochettino. Just continue to prove how much of a farce the managerial merry go round is.

FWIW I actually really rate both managers a lot more than the clubs.
  • All but confirmed with Chelsea and Pochettino now

• He'll do absolute wonders with that Chelsea squad.  He really will.  Its young, full on energy, they'll play a 4-2-3-1 with the full press and they'll be top 3 next season.

He'll be a father-figure to the youngsters, his staff are excellent and as long as they buy into his methods, you'll see them excel.

As much as I f'ing detest Chelsea as a football club, I hope he does really well for them.  He's been shown a massive lack of disrespect in my eyes and gets a lot of stick in the media for not winnings things.  He's much better than that.  The likes of Mason Mount, Reece James & co are going to love him and you'll see them reach another level.

And quite frankly, given it is well documented he wanted to come back to Spurs (ask Alan Brazil, Ossie, Ricky Villa and Teddy Sheringham all of whom have confirmed after speaking with him directly in the last few weeks) yet Levy, Cullen & Co had not even spoken to him, its another nail in Levy's coffin.
  • Who are Spurs getting as manager or have they given up? 
  • Be surprised at this stage if it isnt Ryan Mason in charge next season
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    He'll do absolute wonders with that Chelsea squad.  He really will.  Its young, full on energy, they'll play a 4-2-3-1 with the full press and they'll be top 3 next season.

He'll be a father-figure to the youngsters, his staff are excellent and as long as they buy into his methods, you'll see them excel.

As much as I f'ing detest Chelsea as a football club, I hope he does really well for them.  He's been shown a massive lack of disrespect in my eyes and gets a lot of stick in the media for not winnings things.  He's much better than that.  The likes of Mason Mount, Reece James & co are going to love him and you'll see them reach another level.

And quite frankly, given it is well documented he wanted to come back to Spurs (ask Alan Brazil, Ossie, Ricky Villa and Teddy Sheringham all of whom have confirmed after speaking with him directly in the last few weeks) yet Levy, Cullen & Co had not even spoken to him, its another nail in Levy's coffin.
    Cutting of your nose to spite your face, that, you won't appoint anyone better.
  • Be surprised at this stage if it isnt Ryan Mason in charge next season.
    That wont attract many players to join. 
  • Be surprised at this stage if it isnt Ryan Mason in charge next season.
    I suppose they won’t attract may (top) managers if they don’t qualify for Europe next season. 
  • edited May 2023
    Be surprised at this stage if it isnt Ryan Mason in charge next season.
    Maybe that's what Levy wants, top players = top wages.
  • Sponsored links:

Brendan Rodgers.
    Brendan Rodgers.
    I cant stand him.  He makes my skin crawl.

This is the current poll of Spurs fans (on one of the biggest Spurs forums) of who the fans want next...

Obviously Poch and Nagelsmann are out of the question.
    Interesting to see where the rest of the votes have gone.

I know nothing about Arne Slot apart from he's at Feyenoord and they've just won the league.
    It Gallardo at Sporting?

I'll be honest, I haven't got a clue where we go next and I dont think Levy has got a scooby either.
    The way things are shaping up and from the soundbites I've heard over the last couple of weeks, it really wouldn't surprise me if Mason gets offered the job.
    If Kane does go, who on earth would want the job.  Try replacing one of Europe's best centre-forwards and replacing the club's best midfielder all at the same time.
  • Gallardo has just left River Plate in Argentina because he wants to manage in Europe. 

Ruben Amorim at Sporting immediately ruled himself out because he doesn't like Levy  
  • MarcusH26 said: 

Ruben Amorim at Sporting immediately ruled himself out because he doesn't like Levy  
    Ha, join the club (not the football club!)
  • Slot is a good manager, has done wonders at Feyenoord. He also did well at AZ before that, in his very first season in management he had them 2nd (level on points with Ten Hag's Ajax) in the league when it was cancelled due to covid.

Questionable whether he'd want to leave Feyenoord now though when he's just won the league and they'll be in the CL next season. I guess money talks though, as he won't be earning much in the Dutch league.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65122188

Bielsa takes over as manager of Uruguay, thus removing himself as an option for various positions
  • Cardiff City are looking for their third new manager in six months after owner Vincent Tan decided not to offer Sabri Lamouchi a new contract.

The 51-year-old joined on a short-term deal in January and ensured the club avoided relegation to League One.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65611275

• clive said:

Cardiff City are looking for their third new manager in six months after owner Vincent Tan decided not to offer Sabri Lamouchi a new contract.

The 51-year-old joined on a short-term deal in January and ensured the club avoided relegation to League One.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65611275

Madness
  • By the sound of things, Lamouchi probably asked for backing which Tan wasn't willing to give. Or Tan has someone else in mind, e.g. Nathan Jones