Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Chelsea have the longest charge sheet in English football. May they rot
  • The Scott Parker debacle is right up there with them cnuts , fuck em
  • Don’t forget the Lampard penalty for a foul that was outside the box. 

Or, the record of our win there “omitted” from the results section of the following match day programmes - so it looked like they weee unbeaten at home. 

They were tossers before Abram put zillions in, and they are still tossers now. 
  • Don’t forget the Lampard penalty for a foul that was outside the box. 

Or, the record of our win there “omitted” from the results section of the following match day programmes - so it looked like they weee unbeaten at home. 

They were tossers before Abram put zillions in, and they are still tossers now. 
    Is that the penalty shoot out in the League Cup? I know Mourinho refused to accept that it was a defeat. 
  • Darrell Clarke gone from Port Vale after a winless run of 7 games.

• 2 wins in 18 leaves them near the relegation places. Weird how they've declined from the team that beat us in November
  • Chelsea sack Potter
    That's worked out well. Played 4 Lost 4 since then. Out of the Champions League and out of Europe next season for the first time in 26 years. Shame. 
  • Walsall Football Club have today parted company with Head Coach Michael Flynn.

Michael leaves the club alongside Assistant Head Coach Wayne Hatswell.

We thank Michael and Wayne for their contribution and wish them well in the future.

Mat Sadler will take charge of the first-team until the end of the 2022/23 season.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2023/april/club-statement-michael-flynn/

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65324502

One win in 20, so not a massive shock. They're not going down, so sensible to act now and get a new person in before the end of the season if possible.

clive said:

Walsall Football Club have today parted company with Head Coach Michael Flynn.

Michael leaves the club alongside Assistant Head Coach Wayne Hatswell.

We thank Michael and Wayne for their contribution and wish them well in the future.

Mat Sadler will take charge of the first-team until the end of the 2022/23 season.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2023/april/club-statement-michael-flynn/

Great name for a Walsall manager!
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/april/club-update-from-daniel/

Cristian will leave his current role along with his coaching staff. Cristian stepped in at a difficult point in our season and I want to thank him for the professional manner in which he and his coaching staff have conducted themselves during such a challenging time. We wish him and his staff well.

Ryan Mason will take over Head Coach duties with immediate effect. Ryan knows the Club and the players well. We shall update further on his coaching staff in due course.

• You've got to laugh really.

Sacked Conte, appointed an interim manager, 4 games later sacked the interim manager and have now hired another interim manager for the next 6 games.
  • Sounds like Poch is gonna be the next Chelsea Manager
  •  Is that the Poch who didn’t win Ligue 1 with PSG that time ? 
    I'm not interested in the next Chelsea manager. I want to know who'll take over from Poch when he's sacked in October!
  • Daniel Levy making Todd Boehly look competent.
  • edited April 2023
    Sounds like Poch is gonna be the next Chelsea Manager
    Think he'd be a good appointment - if Boehly actually listens to him on what players to sell & bring in.

They need a bit of a clear out (mainly anout 14 attacking midfielders), a better keeper, an actual striker, but then actually have some very decent players.
    Think he'd be a good appointment - if Boehly actually listens to him on what players to sell & bring in.
    He'll be bloody brilliant for them.
    He'll get a tune out of all their young players.

Breaks my heart to see him go there.  I'm so fucked off right now.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kane go there now.

• Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:

Breaks my heart to see him go there.  I'm so fucked off right now.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kane go there now.

No chance Kane will ruin his Spurs legacy by signing for Chelsea.

Pretty sure he's said he wants to stay in the Premier league so personally i think he'll either go to Man U or he'll stay put.
  • I wish Kane would move abroad. Go to Bayern and PSG, win lots of trophies.

Seeing him in a Man U shirt would look odd, and it's not as if it's a guarantee of winning things, which was the case when Sheringham made the same move.

Seeing him in a Man U shirt would look odd, and it's not as if it's a guarantee of winning things, which was the case when Sheringham made the same move.
    I think he probably wants to stay here and break Shearer's record. 

Yes he could go abroad but in 20+ years time, what will be remembered more, his name sitting there proudly as the premier leagues all time leading scorer or a couple of French/German titles?

Yes he could go abroad but in 20+ years time, what will be remembered more, his name sitting there proudly as the premier leagues all time leading scorer or a couple of French/German titles?
    A display case full of medals would be ample compensation. 

And Shearer's record is just one of the dubious post 92 ones. It's not as if Shearer is the all time top scorer in the top flight, he's only 5th.

Very off topic, but if asked who our highest top flight scorer was, I wouldn't have guessed Charlie Vaughan with 91

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_first_tier_top_scorers
  • edited April 2023
    JohnBoyUK said:

And they've got quite a few, James, Havertz, Fofana, Mudryk etc, all 22, 23.
  • Poch to Chelsea should be great if Boehly stops trying to play Football Manager. Can see there being quite the summer clearout and they desperately need a world class striker, not more quite similar wingers and attacking midfielders. 
  • I can see clubs not wanting to pay a Levy sort of price for Kane given his age.  Should be a reasonable fee in theory given he's 30 in the summer and can go for free a year later but in practice I think Spurs will still want a very large fee.

If he wants to stay in England to break the record there's limited options.

Chelsea probably would pay it but I'm not sure he goes there.  City have Haaland.  Liverpool have come out saying they aren't spending big money on one player, I don't think he leaves for Newcastle.

So basically might be United or nowhere, and their situation is up in the air given thr Glazers might be selling or partially selling.
  • I think Kane stays another season and sees out his contract
  • JohnBoyUK said:

And they've got quite a few, James, Haverthwaite, Fofana, Mudryk etc, all 22, 23.
    Exactly.  All he needs is a centre-forward and they'll be there or there abouts next season.  They've got the core of a brilliant squad on their hands.

A display case full of medals would be ample compensation. 

And Shearer's record is just one of the dubious post 92 ones. It's not as if Shearer is the all time top scorer in the top flight, he's only 5th.

Very off topic, but if asked who our highest top flight scorer was, I wouldn't have guessed Charlie Vaughan with 91

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_first_tier_top_scorers
    Dixie Dean in 1927-28 making a mockery of Erling Haaland's season