Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• edited April 2023
    I wish Kane would move abroad. Go to Bayern and PSG, win lots of trophies.

Seeing him in a Man U shirt would look odd, and it's not as if it's a guarantee of winning things, which was the case when Sheringham made the same move.
    I am old school of thought and to me winning honours in Europe or anywhere else is just not the same as winning a few English cups and Premier titles .. I guess that our 'Arry (Kane that is) would feel the same ..
    might be different for a younger player. i.e. for Jude Bellingham it was the making of him, but now it seems, he's keen to come home ..
     in the past I thought Kane might enjoy a new life abroad for a while, however, I now reckon for a married man nearing 30 with a very young family and a lovely house, there is no place like home (England)
  • I wish Kane would move abroad. Go to Bayern and PSG, win lots of trophies.

Seeing him in a Man U shirt would look odd, and it's not as if it's a guarantee of winning things, which was the case when Sheringham made the same move.
    Him and his family may not want to go abroad. It’s a big wrench to move away from parents, friends and extended family 
  • Leeds apparently close to sacking Gracia.

I can't remember a season with so many top flight teams having 3 managers?

Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton, and now maybe Leeds.
  • Bowyer is a good impact manager. If I was Leeds I would give him a shot 
    Premier league though. Next 2 games are Man City and Newcastle. Unless they are talking about for next season. 
    Would probably catch the bullet with his teeth, he’s that hard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big interview with Pardew in the Times a few days ago.

He's obviously still looking for one more PL job.

Can't believe any club would be stupid enough to make that happen.
  • Bowyer, Pardew, I'm just surprised that Fraeye isn't being mentioned too
  • Leeds United are considering appointing former West Ham and Everton boss Sam Allardyce, who had one game in charge of England, to succeed Javi Gracia as the club's manager. (Athletic - subscription required)
  • Bringing in Big Sam when your run in is Man City, Newcastle,West Ham and Spurs is certainly an interesting choice. 
  • Big Sam is back baby. About time we had more British managers in the Premier League.
  • He's not getting anything from Man City away, so he's basically got 3 games to save them.

Has a new manager ever been appointed so late in the season in a bid to save a team?
  • That's the Warnock, Sam and Mick (both big) all back this season :-) 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    That's the Warnock, Sam and Mick (both big) all back this season :-) 
    Tony Pulis must be next!
  • Sponsored links:

• How much do we think he is getting for this short stint? Massively weighted towards a staying-up bonus I'd imagine
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Tony Pulis must be next!
    And, Lord forbid, Pardew.
  • In the future will desperate clubs appoint Big Jack Payne to save themselves?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Tony Pulis must be next!
    Meanwhile Curbs is still wondering if his phone hasn't been working for the last 15 years
    Unfortunately he was on the phone to Brownie and missed 3 offers.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    And Hodgson, who's done very well. All the sackings smack of desperation. The problem is even if clubs stay up they then lack any plan for the next season and invariably struggle.
  • Leeds sacking their Sporting Director feels like locking the gate after the horse has bolted. 
  • Big Sam will keep Leeds up. They've got a horrendous run-in but there are so many shit teams I'm the prem this year. I'd fancy an allyrdice team to get 4 points from spurs and west ham, and that should be enough
  • Big Sam battling relegation against 2 of his former teams, West Ham and Everton
  • Is he running out of money or something? 

I actually think he will keep Leeds up. Haven't actually watched Leeds or hardley any premier League games this season but looking at the table it's not too difficult. Just hope he drags West ham and Everton down.