Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Walsall have appointed former player and assistant coach Mat Sadler as their new head coach.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65637292
  • insert name joke here
  • Blackpool have re-appointed former boss Neil Critchley as head coach following their relegation from the Championship.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65684882
  • So he left Blackpool when they were in the Championship.
    Went to Villa as Asssitant, got sacked.
    Went to QPR, won one game, got sacked.
    Went back to Blackpool now they'll be in League 1.

Apart from a couple of payoffs, badly done.
  • clive said:
    Blackpool have re-appointed former boss Neil Critchley as head coach following their relegation from the Championship.
    Could be good news for us. Will he try to buy Kirk?
  • Grant McCann is apparently going back to Doncaster Rovers

Guess he'll go to Hull next, before heading back to Peterborough when Ferguson gets sacked

Maybe he wont go back to Peterborough

• McCann has to go to Hull first, before he can return to Peterborough anyway
  • Richard J said:
    clive said:
    Blackpool have re-appointed former boss Neil Critchley as head coach following their relegation from the Championship.
    Could be good news for us. Will he try to buy Kirk?
    Nope. Sorry 
  • clive said:
    A 4 year contract in this day and age is madness. 

In the entire league there are only 7 managers who've been in charge for at least 4 years.
  • clive said:
    A 4 year contract in this day and age is madness. 

In the entire league there are only 7 managers who've been in charge for at least 4 years.
    It's been done to protect the clubs interests. Should Stevie G come sniffing around again then they would have to buy out his full contract. Pool fans split on this appointment. Me, its summer, meh....
  • Sponsored links:

• Russell Martin looks like leaving Swansea for Southampton.
  • Russell Martin looks like leaving Swansea for Southampton.
    IF he goes, that could be a very good signing for the Saints
  • Martin is a talented manager, but I always get a bit suspicious of managers who keep jumping around. 
  • edited May 2023
    Martin is a talented manager, but I always get a bit suspicious of managers who keep jumping around. 
    like De Zerbi you mean?
  • edited May 2023
    Is Levy far enough down the list that it's going to be Brendan Rodgers?
  • Potter maybe?
  • Potter maybe?

Could definitely see Potter as an option, although there's rumours that Lopertegui is leaving Wolves too, that I could see being a possible Potter job. 
  • Slot is a good manager, has done wonders at Feyenoord. He also did well at AZ before that, in his very first season in management he had them 2nd (level on points with Ten Hag's Ajax) in the league when it was cancelled due to covid.

Questionable whether he'd want to leave Feyenoord now though when he's just won the league and they'll be in the CL next season. I guess money talks though, as he won't be earning much in the Dutch league.
    No one of football experts in Holland predicted Feijenoord would win the league.

Would expect pressure to be on Slot to win league again. People I speak to see him turning up in London. Trouble being as with all Dutch managers always bring crap players with them that cost a fortune.

Feel as if Ruud van Nistelrooij Will appear in England very soon with his trainers in tow.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Every Spurs fan I speak to hates the idea of Brendan Rodgers, but I personally don't think he'd be a bad choice 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Every Spurs fan I speak to hates the idea of Brendan Rodgers, but I personally don't think he'd be a bad choice 

Yeah I know he's a widely disliked option but I could see it happening. Seems like they're running out of their " top" candidates. 
  • edited May 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Yeah I know he's a widely disliked option but I could see it happening. Seems like they're running out of their " top" candidates. 
    And that is the problem. Some of their fans still see them as a massive club and the job as a desirable position but when the team has had such little success on the pitch for decades, aren't in the Champions League and might not be in Europe at all and they are likely to have one had tied behind their backs so far as purchases are concerned (with the likelihood that they are going to lose a 30 goal a season talisman), there really isn't much on the table for a top Manager.  
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Not foreign enough.
  • I honestly can't see anyone taking the job (unless they were desperate) until Spurs employ a sporting director. Any manager of a good level will surely want to know who they will be working with.
  • Ryan Mason it is then....
  • Ryan Mason it is then....
    Not until next Spring when the person who gets the shop is sacked with Spurs in 9th...