Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Chelsea sack Potter
  • Chelsea sack Potter
    surprise yet not a surprise if you know w I m .. brought in to steady the ship after a lot left and lots came in, not given any time, but what manager nowadays is ? .. Nagelsmann introduced as the new man tomorrow ?
  • Just absolutely bizarre. Todd Boehly playing Football Manager with the amount of signings they've made and it never looked like working.

Potter looked a long way out of his depth , but his Brighton side needed 18 months or so to really click. 
  • Grrrr... Hope Palace dont try and get either Rodgers or Potter in now.
  • Grrrr... Hope Palace dont try and get either Rodgers or Potter in now.

Potter to West Ham? They've wanted an excuse to get rid of Moyes for months. 
  • Potter to Leicester??
  • edited April 2023
    Imagine Chelsea are gonna try and get Nagelsmann now

Be remarkable that we could possibly end up with a Champions League Semi-Final with two Managers facing off against the club they started the season in charge of
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Grrrr... Hope Palace dont try and get either Rodgers or Potter in now.

Potter to Leicester??
    both could do a lot worse and need a change .. but very unusual for a sacked prem manager to walk strait into a new job in the prem, especially an Englishman
  • I would assume Leicester have someone ready to go and Potter won't be in consideration there. Quite who they end up going for I don't know? Benitez until the end of the season? 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Grrrr... Hope Palace dont try and get either Rodgers or Potter in now.

Potter to Leicester??
    both could do a lot worse and need a change .. but very unusual for a sacked prem manager to walk strait into a new job in the prem, especially an Englishman
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/6208387.stm

• MarcusH26 said:
    I would assume Leicester have someone ready to go and Potter won't be in consideration there. Quite who they end up going for I don't know? Benitez until the end of the season? 
    If i was Leicester then i'd be straight on the phone to Potter.

He hasn't become a bad manager just because Chelsea spent 500m and likely dumped players on him he didn't even ask for.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I would assume Leicester have someone ready to go and Potter won't be in consideration there. Quite who they end up going for I don't know? Benitez until the end of the season? 
    If i was Leicester then i'd be straight on the phone to Potter.

He hasn't become a bad manager just because Chelsea spent 500m and likely dumped players on him he didn't even ask for.

Oh I'd definitely be on the phone to Potter, I just wonder if they already have someone very advanced in talks/agreed already. 

Todd Boehly playing real life Football Manager as a transfer policy doesn't make Potter a bad manager, at least at Leicester he'd probably have a more balanced squad. 
  • Chelsea paid 22m compensation to Brighton to get him and his coaching staff. Money well spent there!
  • When you spend £600m on players £22m is chicken feed.
  • How the other half live, feel sorry for Potter though. Typical impatient chairman and players who are overpaid and mostly don't give a feck except a few like our old boy Gallagher.

You can't buy success but we'll probably never find out. 
  • For all the mess Chelsea as a club are in, it's disappointing that 2 promoted British managers in Potter and Nathan Jones both failed so badly. 
    Frustratingly people wont look at the fact that both Chelsea | Southampton are a mess - Its not like things have got better for the latter since Jones got sacked.
  • edited April 2023
    All Chelsea seem to have done, with that splurge on new players, is marginalise their existing decent players, without solving the problem of the lack of a number 9
  • Forest release a statement to confirm Steve Cooper remains their manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• It is rare you take over at a club because they are doing well and are in a good place !! 
  • This smells of straw clutching to me...
  • Chelsea's league season is over. They have a big CL tie coming up soon. Lampard's been brought in to win that as that's the only way they will be playing European football next season. 
  • Truly bizarre. If their plan is to bring Lampard in for 2 months then they might as well have just kept Potter.

I get that he's a club legend but are the players going to suddenly turn on performances for a manager they know won't be there next season?
  • Truly bizarre. If their plan is to bring Lampard in for 2 months then they might as well have just kept Potter.

I get that he's a club legend but are the players going to suddenly turn on performances for a manager they know won't be there next season?
    indifferent at Derby, Sacked by Chelsea, failed at Everton .. Lampard's Chelsea return would surely be a true non-blasphemous  Easter resurrection 
  • What odds would you have got on Hodgson and Lampard returning to their old jobs six months ago 

What next? Nigel Adkins back at Southampton? 
  • Mick McCarthy gone at Blackpool. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Mick McCarthy gone at Blackpool. 
    Thank goodness, dreadful appointment