Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Mick McCarthy gone at Blackpool. 
    Thank goodness, dreadful appointment

Didn't understand the thinking behind it at all when he was appointed. Charlie Adam's name seems to be doing the rounds as a possible permanent appointment. 
  • edited April 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Mick McCarthy gone at Blackpool. 
    Thank goodness, dreadful appointment

Didn't understand the thinking behind it at all when he was appointed. Charlie Adam's name seems to be doing the rounds as a possible permanent appointment. 
    When Ian Holloway was 'managing' Blackpool in 2010 they got promoted to the Prem thru the playoffs .. my all knowing Blackpool contact told me that in fact it was Charlie Adam who ran the team and left Holloway to bullshit the press and act as the front man .. surprising that Adam has never had a managerial job
  • Good appointment if it happens,
  • edited April 2023
  • That's football for you.

Lampard is sacked by Everton, and gets the Chelsea interim job. Smith is sacked by Norwich and looks like getting the Leicester interim job!

Lampard is sacked by Everton, and gets the Chelsea interim job. Smith is sacked by Norwich and looks like getting the Leicester interim job!
    Jesse Marsch was being well touted for the Foxes job, but talks 'broke down' .. bad situation for :Leicester when they are reduced to going for recent managerial failures

Jesse Marsch was being well touted for the Foxes job, but talks 'broke down' .. bad situation for :Leicester when they are reduced to going for recent managerial failures
    I think it was the reaction of the fans that brought the about turn 
  • MrOneLung said:
    That's football for you.

I think it was the reaction of the fans that brought the about turn 
    Gary Lineker seemed surprised on MOTD also at the choice of Marsch...
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65235729

Dean Smith appointed on a short term basis. He's also brought back former Leicester coach and manager Craig Shakespeare and John Terry
  • Ince gone from Reading.
    Feel for him tbh, like what’s he supposed to do after they get a points deduction 🤷‍♀️
  • Lot of panic stations going on...

Feels like more are being sacked at this time of the year than usual
  • Interesting decision from Mark Bowen (again), especially as he's put the U21 manager in charge, rather than bringing in an experienced fire fighter
  • Ince gone from Reading.
    Feel for him tbh, like what’s he supposed to do after they get a points deduction 🤷‍♀️
    If they were doing better then a points deduction wouldn't put them close to relegation.
  • iaitch said:
    Ince gone from Reading.
    If they were doing better then a points deduction wouldn't put them close to relegation.
    But hard to sign players at the start of the season when on a transfer embargo. It took them weeks & weeks to sign Naby. Couldn't have been easy for Ince then. 
  • Watford have actually released a statement saying that Wilder will be in charge for the rest of this season.

It's quite something when a club has to release a statement saying that they're NOT sacking a manager.
  • Watford have actually released a statement saying that Wilder will be in charge for the rest of this season.

It's quite something when a club has to release a statement saying that they're NOT sacking a manager.
    Just as Forest did a week ago.
  • So...

Vincent Kompany will be named Spurs manager next week so I've been told this morning.  Really not sure how I feel about that tbh.

Just hope he can still play CB.
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel sorry for Burnley
    I don't, they got Pope and JBG for peanuts from us and got a multi year stay in the Premier league as a result 
    I don't, they got Pope and JBG for peanuts from us and got a multi year stay in the Premier league as a result 
    And they've got Josh Cullen!
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    So...

Vincent Kompany will be named Spurs manager next week so I've been told this morning.  Really not sure how I feel about that tbh.

Really?
    That would be very strange all round 🤔
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    So...

really .. I assumed he was Pep's successor in waiting
  • edited April 2023
    JohnBoyUK said:
    So...

That can still happen as Guardiola still has another two seasons left on his contract after this one. Better for him to gain experience at the top end of the table, with better players (especially if Kane can be persuaded to stay) and in Europe rather than trying to keep Burnley up. And on a lot more money too. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    So...

That can still happen as Guardiola still has another two seasons left on his contract after this one. Better for him to gain experience at the top end of the table, with better players (especially if Kane can be persuaded to stay) and in Europe rather than trying to keep Burnley up. And on a lot more money too. 
    Agreed, there's no way City would take him based on him (probably) flirting around the bottom 3 with Burnley. But if he does well at Spurs then he's got a great chance of being Guardiola's successor. 

As good as Kompany has the potential to be it does smack of Levy taking the cheap option though. There was talk of Nagelsmann and Poch and now he's going for a guy who's never even managed in the top flight.
  • edited April 2023

I feel sorry for Burnle
    I will never EVER feel sorry for them or their fans.
  • Chelsea... love what is happening to them and their owners. I despise the Dodgers and their owners and I love seeing them struggle.
  • Beginning to think Chelsea may well have a second interim manager in place before the season ends if Lampard carries on like this.

I bet he couldn't believe his luck when he got the role. He must have thought make a success of this and there must be a chance I can get the job full time. Now I suspect he must be thinking will I ever get another PL managers job.