Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    As laughable as when Charlton fans thought we could lure Eddie Howe

Where is this sudden entitlement coming from in Fans
  • Options
    As laughable as when Charlton fans thought we could lure Eddie Howe

Where is this sudden entitlement coming from in Fans
    In this case I think it's just social media highlighting a more extreme view.
  • Options
    Tony Mowbray seems to be the favourite for the Sunderland job. Did a decent job at Blackburn, and from the northeast, though being a Smoggie might be an issue!
  • Options
    Has Mendonca got his coaching badge....?
  • Options
    Rochdale have appointed former Morecambe boss Jim Bentley as manager on a two-year deal.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62713373
  • Options
    Quite disrespectful. He went to the Stoke v Blackburn game while still contracted by Sunderland.
  • Options
    Is he not allowed a social life then?

Maybe he also played golf or went to the pictures or watched some cricket.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Is he not allowed a social life then?

Maybe he also played golf or went to the pictures or watched some cricket.
    There's a big difference in having a social
    life than going to watch a game of football where one of the teams playing are in talks with you regarding the vacancy when you are still under contract with another team, a team that are also playing that day versus going to the cinema.

but I think you know that and are just deliberately being awkward.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Ok Sunderland played on Saturday lunchtime, according to the BBC website 'The Black Cats were without manager Alex Neil, with the Scot on the verge of taking the vacant job at Stoke City'.

So Sunderland knew he was going so why should that stop him looking at his new team?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scotty boy,  you OK hun?  
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    From today's Guardian website

Have to say that was very harsh of Fulham. Would they like to fire Patrick Viera too?
    I dunno, 2 lots of payoffs would be nice!
  • Options
    Jack Ross sacked by Dundee United. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    How to lose your job as Manager... "Lose 9-0"
  • Options
    Jack Ross sacked by Dundee United. Didn't see that one coming!
    He's not had the greatest start to the season there  :D
  • Options
    Scunthorpe United have sacked manager Keith Hill with the club second from bottom of the National League.

The club said a statement regarding an interim management team would be made "in due course".

In total the Iron won just three, and lost 27, of Hill's 39 matches in charge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62718789

• Options
    3 wins in 39 games must be one of the worst managerial records in history.

I'm sure there will be managers who didn't win a game at all, but they would have generally been in charge for a lot less games, but to be in charge for that many games and only win 3 there can't be many worse.
  • Options

I'm sure there will be managers who didn't win a game at all, but they would have generally been in charge for a lot less games, but to be in charge for that many games and only win 3 there can't be many worse.
    Does anyone know what's happening at Scunthorpe? They've gone from a top half l1 team to this? Has the owner lost interest, are they poorly run, or have they just made bad managerial appointments?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Scunthorpe United have sacked manager Keith Hill with the club second from bottom of the National League.

The club said a statement regarding an interim management team would be made "in due course".

That article mentions Nigel Adkins as a possible replacement, though he won't want to go there if it's a complete basketcase club at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

What took them so long?
  • Options

Does anyone know what's happening at Scunthorpe? They've gone from a top half l1 team to this? Has the owner lost interest, are they poorly run, or have they just made bad managerial appointments?

Bit of all 3, obviously they had that period with Adkins/Brian Laws as managers and the likes of Billy Sharp,Andy Keogh and Gary Hooper in their sides. Then it seems like the wheels have come off completely. Owner wants to sell by all accounts but can't find a buyer , were supposed to move to a new stadium and that's never happened. 
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Keith Hill who I always felt was a decent manager. Adkins would be seen by their fans in a similar light to Curbishley for us. Would he return given that he lives in Hampshire? After his spell with us I can't see anyone else going in for him.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Feel sorry for Keith Hill who I always felt was a decent manager. Adkins would be seen by their fans in a similar light to Curbishley for us. Would he return given that he lives in Hampshire? After his spell with us I can't see anyone else going in for him.
    Given Rochdale's current position I wouldn't be surprised if he ended back there again.

Very much their version of Curbs
  • Options
    Tony Mowbray has been confirmed as the new Sunderland manager on a 2 year deal
  • Options

Scunthorpe United can confirm academy manager Tony Daws has agreed to take on the role of interim first team manager.

Tony will be assisted by current goalkeeping coach Paul Musselwhite and former Iron defender Michael Nelson, who was most recently assistant manager at Hartlepool United.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2022/september/club-statement2/

• Options
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has gone for a Burton resigned from Burton.
  • Options
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has gone for a Burton resigned from Burton.
    good, the club deserves better than a part time manager who's heart is really set on being a TV pundit
  • Options

Dino Maamria says he has replaced Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink as permanent manager of League One's bottom side Burton.

Maamria said he spoke to Burton owner Ben Robinson to clarify his position after Hasselbaink resigned on Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62810063