Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    If true it will be a big loss for them especially so close to the start of the season 
    If he is as confident with his MK squad as he seemed to be last year, then I genuinely think he should say. 

Think that Huddersfield job is a bit of a hiding to nothing. Corberan massively over achieved last year and I think they’ll struggle to get top half next year. 

MK seem like a really switched on club at the moment and I think he’d be wise to stay there and go for promotion this year.
  • Options
    I think MK have lost a number of players.
  • Options
    They have made 6 signings too. Although I missed the recent departure that actually went to Huddersfield.

I wonder if they have done to MK what we are doing to Swindon and started admiring their players and realised they should take the manager too?
  • Options
    Wayne Rooney has agreed to return to Major League Soccer side DC United as the club's new head coach.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62127929
  • Options
    Both Yaya Toure and Jermain Defoe are joining Spurs' academy as coaches
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    The day before the league season starts, Motherwell have sacked their manager Graham Alexander.

They lost 3-0 over two legs to Sligo Rovers in Europa Conference League qualifying over the past week.
  • Options
    The day before the league season starts, Motherwell have sacked their manager Graham Alexander.

They lost 3-0 over two legs to Sligo Rovers in Europa League qualifying over the past week.
    Alexander had a few successful years in England (lower leagues) .. always getting sacked though .. he must be really argumentative lol
  • Options
    If true it will be a big loss for them especially so close to the start of the season 
    Better off going for his dad Bernard.
  • Options
    Guess .. Sean Dyche to take over at WBA after the sacking of Steve Bruce
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62593783

Rochdale sack Robbie Stockdale after starting with 4 defeats, the first casualty of the season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Michael O'Neill has been sacked as Stoke City manager.
  • Options
    Michael O'Neill has been sacked as Stoke City manager.
    They've had a poor start following 2 very average couple of years in charge, so he can't have too many complaints
  • Options
    Sunderland boss Alex Neil has held talks with fellow Championship side Stoke City over their vacant managerial position.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62689409
  • Options
    clive said:
    Sunderland boss Alex Neil has held talks with fellow Championship side Stoke City over their vacant managerial position.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62689409
    they must be offering a shedload of Free Sex Foive cash to think they can entice him away .. Surely Sunderland is the bigger more progressive club even though Stoke has a great history, stadium etc ?
  • Options
    Strange one. Must be financially driven as swapping probably one mid table club to another. More likely for Stoke to go down than back to top flight any time soon.
  • Options
    Didn't see that coming. Reporters are saying Alex Neil felt he wasn't backed financially by the Sunderland owners during the transfer window.
  • Options
    I suppose he could be using Stoke to get what he wants from Sunderland.
  • Options
    Alex Neil always comes across as a pretty smart guy and I'm pretty sure this must be his motivation. No disrespect to Stoke but as a neutral Sunderland are surely a much bigger club in almost every aspect. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's just leveraging the offer from Stoke to get a better contract and/or some more backing in the transfer market.
  • Options
    Makes no sense to jump from Sunderland atm imo ( sorry @bobmunro )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Sunderland's ownership situation all sorted out now? Because there was a point where Kyril Louis-Dreyfus only had about 29% of the club and wasn't going to invest heavily until he got more of the club from Stewart Donald. 

Stoke seem to always back their managers well with signings - be interesting to see how Liam Delap does there on loan from Man City. 

I can see why Alex Neil has gone there but it's very odd timing. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Alex Neil always comes across as a pretty smart guy and I'm pretty sure this must be his motivation. No disrespect to Stoke but as a neutral Sunderland are surely a much bigger club in almost every aspect. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's just leveraging the offer from Stoke to get a better contract and/or some more backing in the transfer market.
    I say the following with the caveat that I have absolutely no idea at the moment who the next manager is likely to be (and I wouldn't say if I did, for obvious reasons!).

Yes and no. Sunderland have a richer history of success but the last of their six top division titles was in 1936! They do still of course have a passionate and very large local fan base.

Financial stability, very wealthy long-term owners who are fans and who have no plans whatsoever to desert the club, and who back every manager financially within FFP limits. A top tier stadium and training ground thrown in as well. All things being considered and in the current football climate I would say Stoke City are a much better placed club.  
    Except it's in Stoke  :D
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I say the following with the caveat that I have absolutely no idea at the moment who the next manager is likely to be (and I wouldn't say if I did, for obvious reasons!).

Yes and no. Sunderland have a richer history of success but the last of their six top division titles was in 1936! They do still of course have a passionate and very large local fan base.

Financial stability, very wealthy long-term owners who are fans and who have no plans whatsoever to desert the club, and who back every manager financially within FFP limits. A top tier stadium and training ground thrown in as well. All things being considered and in the current football climate I would say Stoke City are a much better placed club.  
    Except it's in Stoke  :D

There are downsides, of course.
  • Options
    Jack Ross could be in trouble. Thrashed 9-0 at home to Celtic today & last 4 games have let in 23 goals.  
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Makes no sense to jump from Sunderland atm imo ( sorry @bobmunro )
    He was on a rolling one year contract at Sunderland. Stoke have given him a 3 year deal and i'm sure he will be on more money than he was on at Sunderland as well.

Beyond the fact that Sunderland have a big fanbase, do they have much else going for them over Stoke?