Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Cheltenham Town manager Michael Duff is leaving the club to take over at League One rivals Barnsley, reports BBC Radio Gloucestershire.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61783557
    6 clubs in league 1 starting with a new manager next season. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Cheltenham Town manager Michael Duff is leaving the club to take over at League One rivals Barnsley, reports BBC Radio Gloucestershire.
    I wonder why we didn't consider  him. He plays the type of football that TS admires.
    How do you know we didn't?

Maybe he was one of those interviewed.
  • Options
    clive said:
    I wonder why we didn't consider  him. He plays the type of football that TS admires.
    He would have been my choice, or at least in my top 3, if we were going for a manager as opposed to a coach.
  • Options
     Blackburn Rovers are delighted to announce the appointment of Jon Dahl Tomasson as our new Head Coach on a contract through to June 2025.

After an exhaustive selection process over recent weeks, which included first and second stage interviews with the shortlisted candidates, Jon became the club’s preferred choice and arrives at Rovers having led Swedish side Malmo FF to back-to-back league titles.
    https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/14/velkommen-jon-/
  • Options
    I'd be staggered if he does better than Tony Mowbray did last season
  • Options
    Vincent Kompany has been unveiled as the new Burnley Manager
  • Options
    Reckon Burnley did that deliberately today to try to outdo Blackburn?
  • Options
    Vincent Kompany has been unveiled as the new Burnley Manager
    A massive risk taken by both sides

Burnley with their ownership financial issues won't be able to splash the cash like most relegated sides, and their style of football is the opposite to how Kompany would have played at City
  • Options
    Barnsley Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Michael Duff as Head Coach on a three-year deal.
    https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/michael-duff-appointed/
  • Options
    Good appointment by Barnsley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tam Courts has left Dundee United to take over top flight Hungarian side Budapest Honved
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61816031
  • Options
    Can someone post that Michael Appleton picture please. Gulp..............
  • Options
    Can someone post that Michael Appleton picture please. Gulp..............
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61838916

Back to Blackpool

• Options
    FFS. Thanks
  • Options
    FFS. Thanks
    I'd be interested to read your take on this appointment mate
  • Options
    FFS. Thanks
    Yeah wouldn't be surprised if Blackpool fans felt underwhelmed by this.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    FFS. Thanks

• Options
    We could only dream of Appleton  :)
  • Options
    Kips said:
    FFS. Thanks

Underwhelmed and disappointed would sum it up. Has not gone down well with the locals (www.avftt.co.uk if you want a gander)

I guess i should start with the departure of Critchley which came as a complete suprise. He had built up a great relationship with the fans , seemed bought in to where the club was going and had comfortably led us to survival in the first year back in The Championship. But along comes Stevie G and he's on his bike. The story is that Stevie G will end up and Anfield when Klopp implodes/Moves on and Critch goes with him. We'll see how that goes.

So, Pool lumbered in it and CEO comes out saying we are looking for a dynamic up and coming manager blah blah blah. In the frame come Liam Rosnoir at Wayne Rooney's Derby County. Fits the bill perfectly we think but the rumour is he turned down the terms offred Etc (or Rooney is off any minute so why move?)

Appleton gets lots of mentions much to the chargrin of Pool fans. He'd been here before, albeit under the Oystons, and pissed off to Blackburn after 12 games. He's ex Preston and rumoured to have a PNE tattoo (eek), does not have a brilliant track record and the clarisma of Mr Putin.

Lo and behold, he gets announced today for a 4 (FOUR) year contract and Blackpool Social Media goes into meltdown.

To be honest, I cannot see the fit but hey, I'm not the Chairman but Appleton is going have to start next season on fire if he is to win the fans over. Decent record at Oxford and Lincoln but this is a step up not being bigheaded. 

Oh, did I mention he is ex PNE ?

Sorry for the rant, i know it's not CAFC related. But it's football, sometimes it's shit, sometimes it's ace. Onwards as they say.

Cheers
    Thanks for posting. As a neutral and therefore taking the emotion out of it I think Appleton is a good appointment. Decent track record as manager and has worked in all 4 divisions ( albeit only as coach at Leicester).

What I have noticed is he seems to play the managerial snakes and ladders game very shrewdly. He gets out quickly when he sees he has gone as far as he can, thereby protecting his reputation. So I agree the 4 Yr contract is a bit of a head scratcher. 

As for the PNE link and the tattoo rumour, if true, well I can clearly see why you and your lot aren't happy.  So absolutely he needs a good start, but you will need to get behind him too, or it won't end well....

All the best for the coming season. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS. Thanks
    I don't know why, but that picture get's me every time. It's like when I see the original clip of the Wealdstone Raider (err NO! - Don't even think about it!). 

He'd have been a cult hero figure here I'm sure, but I'm surprised to see him moving up a level. When he quit Lincoln, I did think we might have been after him after giving Jacko the Spanish archer. Might even have interviewed him for all I know!

Anyway, I hope he's fully recovered from his cancer and does a job for you.
  • Options
    Scott Lindsay is being heavily linked for the Swindon job, I'd expect Scott Marshall to stay with him.... don't know where that leaves us as I'd expected them to join us.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    FFS. Thanks

Underwhelmed and disappointed would sum it up. Has not gone down well with the locals (www.avftt.co.uk if you want a gander)

I guess i should start with the departure of Critchley which came as a complete suprise. He had built up a great relationship with the fans , seemed bought in to where the club was going and had comfortably led us to survival in the first year back in The Championship. But along comes Stevie G and he's on his bike. The story is that Stevie G will end up and Anfield when Klopp implodes/Moves on and Critch goes with him. We'll see how that goes.

So, Pool lumbered in it and CEO comes out saying we are looking for a dynamic up and coming manager blah blah blah. In the frame come Liam Rosnoir at Wayne Rooney's Derby County. Fits the bill perfectly we think but the rumour is he turned down the terms offred Etc (or Rooney is off any minute so why move?)

Appleton gets lots of mentions much to the chargrin of Pool fans. He'd been here before, albeit under the Oystons, and pissed off to Blackburn after 12 games. He's ex Preston and rumoured to have a PNE tattoo (eek), does not have a brilliant track record and the clarisma of Mr Putin.

Lo and behold, he gets announced today for a 4 (FOUR) year contract and Blackpool Social Media goes into meltdown.

To be honest, I cannot see the fit but hey, I'm not the Chairman but Appleton is going have to start next season on fire if he is to win the fans over. Decent record at Oxford and Lincoln but this is a step up not being bigheaded. 

Oh, did I mention he is ex PNE ?

Sorry for the rant, i know it's not CAFC related. But it's football, sometimes it's shit, sometimes it's ace. Onwards as they say.

Cheers
    Unless you're getting an elite manager like Pep or Klopp, giving any manager these days a 4 year contract seems crazy. Unless of course there are certain break clauses in it, as otherwise it's almost certainly only going to end with the owner having to pay up 1-2 years (possibly more if the manager doesn't do well in the first year) of a contract.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Scott Lindsay is being heavily linked for the Swindon job, I'd expect Scott Marshall to stay with him.... don't know where that leaves us as I'd expected them to join us.

Mark Delaney currently strong favourite. I’ve seen a post from Swindon’s news Twitter page, saying both have left, so we will see next week. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    RedRobin said:

Mark Delaney currently strong favourite. I’ve seen a post from Swindon’s news Twitter page, saying both have left, so we will see next week. 

Scott Lindsey just been confirmed as Swindon head coach!!!! 🤣🤣
  • Options

Former Hibernian and Sunderland boss Jack Ross is the new head coach at Dundee United.

Ross, 46, succeeds Tam Courts, who left on Tuesday, and has signed a two-year deal with the Premiership club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61799359

• Options
    Ryan Giggs standing down as manager of Wales.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Honestly didn't realise he was still the manager!!
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Honestly didn't realise he was still the manager!!
    To think that we got frustrated with Roland (Fraeye) and Sandgaard (Jackson) for leaving a caretaker in charge for so long.

• Options
    Page has probably enjoyed being caretaker, as it's taken some of the pressure from him I imagine...