Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• I know they're on a poor run, but I'm surprised by that 
  • I know they're on a poor run, but I'm surprised by that 
    They did seem to be going backwards pretty quickly.  Transfer business was very poor in the summer in my opinion, but I guess it's the manager that gets the blame.
  • Rishi Sunak is available.

Or ex-Chelsea player Scott Parker.
  • Madness really but it's what we expect from Chelsea.

In 18 months the guy won the champions league and reached 2 cup finals, and this summer has had to overhaul their defence after 3 players left. 
  • One step beyond!
  • What top managers are available? Zidane, Pochettino, anyone else?
  • You have to laugh. They've spent £240m in the window and signed Aubameyang only last week at the request of Tuchel and they've now sacked him. 
    Not many out of work at the moment.

Marco Rose?

Beyond those two you're looking at Benitez, Lauren Blanc types.  Around bit haven't been at a big club in a while.

I'd love them to go for John Terry, would go so wrong it'd be brilliant. 
  • Tuchel never lasts long anywhere despite his successes .. his touchline 'manner' probably reflects his real personality, hysterical, mean and troublesome .. I am not surprised the new owners have made a change .. as said above Zidane would do a good job there IF he was prepared to take on a club slightly on the decline .. I am sure Todd Boehly and partners could afford to pay him a huge wage as well as paying off Touchy Tuchel
  • Sponsored links:

Not many out of work at the moment.

Marco Rose?

Beyond those two you're looking at Benitez, Lauren Blanc types.  Around bit haven't been at a big club in a while.

I'd love them to go for John Terry, would go so wrong it'd be brilliant. 
    Or get Lampard back
  • edited September 2022
    Scott Parkers out of work…

sorry @Henry Irving already done this 🥳
  • Nice to see the new owners carrying on with Roman's traditions. 
  • If they have the balls they should go for Potter. 
  • I also can't believe that, unless Tuchel had one of his touchline meltdowns in front of them, they haven't got someone lined up. The millionth coming of Mourinho?

He said this in May about the impending takeover by Boehly's group:

“If you ask me do I have someone I would like to take over my Chelsea? Then yes I have, but I close my mouth," he continued.

“I just know the club has reached such a level that it doesn't matter who it's with, Chelsea will always be Chelsea. Chelsea will always be.

“And my house will always be 200 metres from the stadium and I want to keep listening to the sound of happiness and success and I'm pretty sure it's going to be like that.”

• Conte will be pleased.
  • Blimey and we thought Abramovich was trigger happy!
    Absolute circus.

Dont do it Poch.  Dont do it.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Blimey and we thought Abramovich was trigger happy!
    Absolute circus.

Dont do it Poch.  Dont do it.
    Spends more than Roman, even more trigger happy than Roman.
  • If they have the balls they should go for Potter. 
    Future England manager IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice to see the new owners carrying on with Roman's traditions. 
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss
  • Tuchel never lasts long anywhere despite his successes .. his touchline 'manner' probably reflects his real personality, hysterical, mean and troublesome .. I am not surprised the new owners have made a change .. as said above Zidane would do a good job there IF he was prepared to take on a club slightly on the decline .. I am sure Todd Boehly and partners could afford to pay him a huge wage as well as paying off Touchy Tuchel
    Tuchel does seem to have lost the plot this season. The way he behaved with Konte was bizarre
  • PWR

CURBS 14/1
  • Nigel Adkins in the frame?
  • What Chelsea have lacked this season is a top centre forward. Tuchel wasn't able to get Lukaku to work in his system, maybe if they had removed him earlier, Lukaku would have stayed
  • Chelsea approaching Graham Potter
  • edited September 2022
    The enjoyment I get from Chelsea losing is immense. I don't hate any other club even though losing to Millwall made me depressed; I was depressed a lot !!!!
    Poch or Jimmy fat arse, as long as they are outside the top 4 and start to slide. 

I will be gutted when Graham Potter gets the Job as have follow his career since his first season at Östersund in 2011 when locals told him he must be mad to take on the lowly Swedish side.
    Wow... time to see how good Potter is as a Manager if he takes it up.
    Wow... time to see how good Potter is as a Manager if he takes it up.
    A lot different from Brighton where owner Tony Bloom allowed him total control without interference.