Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options

Southampton should give Les Reed the role as a caretaker manager.

Les did a bang up job for them as Director of Football the last several years, but right now Southampton fans want his head on a platter even more than a new manager. No chance he gets the job given he is blamed for selling off all their best players and leaving them a shell of what they were.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43394525

It does appear that Mark Hughes will be the next Soton manager...
  • Options
    Excellent, the miserable sour faced old prick will soon be back on our screens moaning every single week that his side were hard done by, should've had at least 3 penalties and the 3 goals they conceded were all offside.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    You've got to love it... Lee Johnson | Gary Rowett | Chris Wilder are the highest English Managers in the Championship who have never managed in the Premier League... People will say they're not experienced enough and that they've not won a trophy yet seriously!!

Surely they've got to have new and better ideas that Hughes | Pardew etc.

i.e. I know its a different level yet look at how Abraham played last season under Johnson compared to this!!
  • Options

You've got to love it... Lee Johnson | Gary Rowett | Chris Wilder are the highest English Managers in the Championship who have never managed in the Premier League... People will say they're not experienced enough and that they've not won a trophy yet seriously!!

Surely they've got to have new and better ideas that Hughes | Pardew etc.

i.e. I know its a different level yet look at how Abraham played last season under Johnson compared to this!!

Spot on. How the likes of Hughes and Pardew are considered for jobs is a mystery.
  • Options
    You've even got Jokanovic down in the Championship with Fulham doing an amazing job... He took over there with the club in a relegation battle yet for the last two seasons now are the most dangerous finishers to a season (i.e. they started so slowly yet wouldnt be surprised if they took that last automatic slot)

He might be Millwall but Neil Harris is doing excellent on such a shoestring budget, same really with Dean Smith @ Brentford who has proven that he can make the jump up a Division after doing well with Walsall.
  • Options
    I have a strong dislike for Hughes, ever since he thought he was too good for Fulham. Hope he stays up if it's at the expense of Palace, but if not would be funny to see Stoke stay up whilst relegating Hughes's new side.
  • Options
    I imagine that most of the successful Championship managers wouldn't want to jump ship at this stage of the season. Why swap potential promotion for a 2 month relegation struggle?
  • Options

MANAGERIAL NEWS: Graham Westley has departed at @BarnetFC.

Martin Allen has replaced him at the Bees for his fifth spell in charge >> http://po.st/allenin
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That sucks for Reading...

Losing their Manager in March and then face losing their star Striker in the summer ;)
  • Options
    Only 3 points above the drop zone, a surprising drop considering they came 3rd last season
  • Options

not surprised, Robinson has alerted them that he is available.

Yes the delay in him leaving is due to a tug of war between Reading and Oxford. Indeed I'm expecting Barcelona to sack their manager next
  • Options
    Not far between Reading & Oxford - perhaps he can do both jobs !
  • Options
    Was it Robert Maxwell that had that idea?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Think he was all at sea with that.
  • Options

iaitch said:

Don’t go overboard.
  • Options

iaitch said:

Don’t go overboard.
    I thought he was just floating the idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

Don’t go overboard.
    RedChaser said:

iaitch said:

Don’t go overboard.
    I thought he was just floating the idea.
    No, simply dipping his toe in the water.
  • Options
    I ask a simple question and get a wave of bad jokes.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I ask a simple question and get a wave of bad jokes.

CL at its worst unfortunately.
  • Options
    CL at it's best I think!!!
  • Options
    Rumours that Karl Robinson may leave Charlton.
  • Options

Rumours that Karl Robinson may leave Charlton.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    Graham Alexander gone at Scunny.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

That's mad. They’re 5th!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

1StevieG said:

That's mad. They’re 5th!