Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Seed's grandson's condemnation of the regime

12345679»

Comments

• DOC64 said:

That charlton bit.on facebook is really full of helmets, rrad one thread and went numb in the head, perks belongs there

Don't do Twitter or FB. Care to elaborate?
    I saw a thread where a bloke said he wanted to punch anyone singing anti-regime songs or anyone wearing "black and white, the pricks".

• There is a very vitriolic anti-regime supporter on social media who was previously very active on here. If it is him responsible, I would venture to say that attitude would be very much confined to behind his computer screen!
  • Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman</blockquote

Perhaps the Sue Perks stand then.

• edited September 2016
    I don't think Ms Perks has yet done enough for the club to deserve a stand in her name, though that day will surely come.

In the meantime, I think the name of Bartrams should be changed on the grounds that Sam would probably have disapproved of the regime, and should thus be entirely written out of our history. Bartrams could be renamed in Ms Perks' honour instead. Might I suggest 'Ligger's'?
  • edited September 2016
    Is Chris Parkes aware of Mrs Perk's Facebook group and posts? I wonder how he'd react to a few emails and screenshots.
  • DOC64 said:

That charlton bit.on facebook is really full of helmets, rrad one thread and went numb in the head, perks belongs there

Don't do Twitter or FB. Care to elaborate?
    I saw a thread where a bloke said he wanted to punch anyone singing anti-regime songs or anyone wearing "black and white, the pricks".

Sounds like Nathan Prior.
  • jdmotion said:

Martin Simons, a previous chairman, gave my mother his home number and told her that if any of the family ever wanted to attended matches he would arrange it for us. I was too reticent/embarrassed to take advantage of his kind offer, and my previous visits since then have been as a paying customer.

Paying for your own tickets when freebies are on offer? No wonder Sue Perks doesn't see eye-to-eye with you.
    Not sure Sue knows we have to pay to watch Charlton ...
  • Sponsored links:

• The more I think about it, the more disgusting I find her latest comments.
  • Sue shouldn't say it, but she doesn't care about the history of the club.
  • Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman

Chris needs to grow a pair and shut her up . Fancy having a gobshite of a wife spouting bollocks constantly on public forums .
    It's like she has torretes
    If you've had the misfortune to meet Sue, I'll think you'll find it'd be impossible to shut her up.

• Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman

Chris needs to grow a pair and shut her up . Fancy having a gobshite of a wife spouting bollocks constantly on public forums .
    If you've had the misfortune to meet Sue, I'll think you'll find it'd be impossible to shut her up.

Where there's a will ......... And there is a will ....
  • Off_it said:

Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman

Where there's a will ......... And there is a will ....
    Come the revolution brothers & sisters.......come the revolution :smirk: .
  • Sponsored links:

• jdmotion said:

Thanks for your kind comments. I've tried to explain my reasons for my withdrawal here: http://jimmyseed.blogspot.co.uk/ (in case you haven't read it).

From Facebook:
    Sue Parks: 'Shame his Grandson hasn't posted the correct info unless he is also blaming Tony Jiminez and Michael Slater. RD has only owned the club for 2yrs and 8 mths - not 4 years as he stated. Also RD is the owner. Katrien is not a shareholder. I think Malcolm could be right.' (Not sure what 'Malcolm' said).

Sue Parkes/Parks is correct, I did say 4 years. My mistake. As I've said, my return to the Charlton fold is very recent (and is partly because I'm working on a new book about JS). And I did say 'shareholders'. I meant to say, 'directors'. That was just a slip. I'm not sure why she thinks my slips ups are important.

I certainly wasn't blaming Michael Slater who I don't know and have never spoken to. Martin Simons, a previous chairman, gave my mother his home number and told her that if any of the family ever wanted to attended matches he would arrange it for us. This was when the family loaned the bronze bust of Jimmy Seed (previously on display in the foyer, now outside the boardroom) to the club. I was too reticent/embarrassed to take advantage of his kind offer, and my previous visits since then have been as a paying customer.

My original tweet about the JS stand sign being faded was actually quite lighthearted, and I was quite surprised when it received so much support, including from the Charlton Museum. I was more surprised when the club contacted me about it.
    Anyway, I was probably a little naive for thinking I could get involved in the project without it being seen as political (probably by both sides). On reflection I should have stepped back and let them get on with it, and I wish I had.
    But part of my motivation for involvement was maintaining the family connection. I'm trying to steer my 10 and 13 year old sons away from following their school friends who mainly support Chelsea or Arsenal. Can't think why.
    I took Tommy (10) to the away game at Fulham in February. We sat in pouring rain. He wouldn't move to dry seats. He wouldn't leave early before half time to get in the queue for refreshments. He wouldn't leave early to avoid the crowds before full time. He wouldn't leave before every Charlton player had left the pitch. He was hooked, despite the 3-0 defeat. And his first visit to The Valley (2-0 v. Middlesbrough) confirmed it. I was glad we hadn't won both matches, it showed he was ready for the full Charlton experience!

I do understand why some at the club may be angry about my rather clumsy withdrawal. But there are things that make the fans feel angry too, and it's odd that club insiders can't understand that, considering events over the last two years and eight months. I think Sue's comments are an insight into the disconnect that exists between the club and the protesters. I've heard of a club insider calling them 'morons' and 'hooligans'. (You've probably heard all this before - apologies if so).

Having said that, I don't believe all is lost (unless RD's most vehement detractors are right). There are definitely signs that efforts are being made to move things in a better direction. Whether there truly is the will to carry this through remains to be seen.

Alright Jim lad. I'm in that Facebook group (not a collaborator) and actually confronted Sue on this. She used a classic Katrien tactic that was basically ignore the entire point of what had been written but pick up on a couple of things that were worded wrong on not technically correct. I asked her if she had any opinion on what had actually been said and she failed to reply.

What Malcom had said was 'I think he has been got at.... baaaaaa'

Of course the irony is that particular group is full of sheep that hang off every word of Sue and a couple others was completely lost on him. Basically there is me and one other who dare to disagree and I don't think it'll be long before we get kicked out. Still I'm Linda honoured to think that I he got to sue and hat my name is on her pinboard somewhere.

Another poster went on to suggest that a certain Mr Irving had gotten to you.
  • Is Chris Parkes aware of Mrs Perks Facebook group and posts? I wonder how he'd react to a few emails and screenshots.

I really start to think that a few people who have known Chris over the years, and who might feel he respects them, should quietly drop him a line expressing their concern about the inflammatory effect of her public pronouncements, and that this is starting to tarnish the high regard people hold him in. We have a Trust get together before the match on Saturday, where I will mention it, but I don't think it is for one particular group to do this, rather a group of 'friends' of Chris would be more appropriate.

I'm led to believe he I more than aware, in fact I belive he has had conversations with people about specific posts.
  • Last comment was for Cantersaddick
  • Of course the irony is that particular group is full of sheep that hang off every word of Sue and a couple others was completely lost on him. Basically there is me and one other who dare to disagree and I don't think it'll be long before we get kicked out. Still I'm Linda honoured to think that I he got to sue and hat my name is on her pinboard somewhere.

Another poster went on to suggest that a certain Mr Irving had gotten to you.

My discussions there ended with one of the main group of six or seven accusing me of being a close friend/stooge of @Airman Brown (I admire his work but we have never knowingly met) as if that association renders any thoughts or arguments invalid. They are a poisonous little band.
  • I'm looking forward to three points tonight. My first ever floodlit match at The Valley, if I make it.