Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Seed's grandson's condemnation of the regime

Comments

• Another "disgruntled ex employee grandson"
  • ...and if anyone hasn't visited the museum, please add it to your to-do-list as soon as possible. Jimmy Seed's log book entries are fascinating. I'd love to see them all.
  • edited September 2016
    addickson said:

...and if anyone hasn't visited the museum, please add it to your to-do-list as soon as possible. Jimmy Seed's log book entries are fascinating. I'd love to see them all.

Does he use the phrase "Captain's Log"? (With the appropriate artistic license!)
  • Well said, Jim. Proud to have your family within the Charlton family.
  • addickson said:

...and if anyone hasn't visited the museum, please add it to your to-do-list as soon as possible. Jimmy Seed's log book entries are fascinating. I'd love to see them all.

Off topic but we've started scanning them all.
  • BDL said:

What a statement from Jim, one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet.

Wonder what some in the happy clappy everything is ok as we have a British manager brigade make of this!?

Do you have to ask... everything is ok and Jim is wrong of course. We've just drawn 0-0 away at Scunthorpe, remember.
  • That has given me goosebumps. Absolutely brilliant piece. Hope it gets circulated nationally
  • Sponsored links:

• So the so called fans groups that have consulted widely on this matter, and then it is pushed out on the main site as a big deal, and it costs £3,000 so I read....what do they do now? How do they spin the story? This was the original piece, note the bit I have highlighted.

Charlton Athletic will work with fans to refurbish the Jimmy Seed Stand sign following feedback from fan group Target 20k.

The group met with members of Charlton staff ahead of the club’s home game against Bolton Wanderers on Saturday, August 27th and Manager Russell Slade also stopped by to meet the group for the first time.

One of the actions to come out of the meeting was the club’s commitment to refurbish the Jimmy Seed Stand sign, which the group pointed out had deteriorated in recent years.

Charlton’s Community and Supporter Development Officer, Jack O’Sullivan, said: “Replacing the sign is something we have been looking into as the Jimmy Seed Stand is an important link to the club’s history.

Jimmy, of course, had such a long, successful reign as manager at the club. The sign on the stand has deteriorated recently and we’re keen to restore it to its previous glory.

“We’ll work with Target 20k and Jimmy’s grandson James on refurbishing it.”

Jimmy Seed’s grandson Jim Dutton said: “I’m delighted with the news, as is my sister and all the family. I was there in 1981 when my mum cut the ribbon to open the stand and I was also there when my mum re-dedicated it in the 1990s.

“It’s a very proud feeling to look up and see my grandfather’s name adorning The Valley and I’m very much looking forward to see the fresh version of the sign when it’s completed.”

Target 20k’s Metin Afiya said: “It is great to see this happening and I am really happy that Target 20K had a level of engagement with the club to assist in this being implemented, after it was highlighted to us by the museum.
    “We are very pleased that we are progressing with fans suggestions and we will continue to voice the fans’ views.”

Members from the club’s Senior Management Team also met members of the East Kent Addicks before last Saturday’s game.

John Commerford of the East Kent Addicks said: “Katrien Meire responded positively to some very robust questioning and many of those in attendance left convinced that she and her team intend to work with the fans to ensure that everyone connected with the club can look forward to a brighter future.”

The meeting was the first in a series of informal meetings with official supporters groups. The next fan meeting takes place on Saturday, October 1st when the Maidstone and The Weald Supporters Club meet the Senior Management Team.

Fans can find out more information on Target 20k at https://twitter.com/CAFCTarget20k.

Jack O’Sullivan will be working with closely with fans during the refurbishment of the Jimmy Seed Stand sign. If supporters have any questions in regards to the sign, or any other queries about the club, please get in contact via the fans’ email on fans@cafc.co.uk
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-to-refurbish-jimmy-seed-stand-sign-3294988.aspx#92CD4Llq01HHADvA.99

Jim Dutton is quoted in the article above. However as he has said he has withdrawn his participation.

Interestingly somebody called jack O'Sullivan is mentioned in the release, whoever he is, but we know he 'will be working with closely with fans' whatever that's supposed to mean.
  • I'll bet Sue Parkes' free season ticket that Meire doesn't have a clue who Jim Dutton is or his connection to the Club.
  • edited September 2016
    seth plum said:

Jimmy Seed’s grandson Jim Dutton said: “I’m delighted with the news, as is my sister and all the family. I was there in 1981 when my mum cut the ribbon to open the stand and I was also there when my mum re-dedicated it in the 1990s.

@Henry Irving - Are there two grandsons involved, if not - why is he referred to as two different names?
  • LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

@Henry Irving - Are there two grandsons involved, if not - why is he referred to as two different names?
    Eh? Have I missed the joke here?
  • LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

Jimmy Seed, our manager, had a daughter, Gladys. Gladys Seed married a man with the surname of Dutton (? Peter) and Jim Dutton is their son and thus the grandson of Jimmy, our former manager.

He tweets under the name of his grandfather which may perhaps have caused your confusion.
  • I thought Belgium was a country, not a person.
  • edited September 2016
    Curb_It said:

LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

You're certainly not, I expect I'm simply being a bit dumb and Jim is short for James. I never knew that though!
    LenGlover said:

LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

Jimmy Seed, our manager, had a daughter, Gladys. Gladys Seed married a man with the surname of Dutton (? Peter) and Jim Dutton is their son and thus the grandson of Jimmy, our former manager.

He tweets under the name of his grandfather which may perhaps have caused your confusion.
    Thanks for that Len, but in all honesty I'm still a bit confused. At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid, is Jim short for James?

It quotes Jimmy Seed's grandson, Jim Dutton, who I follow on Twitter. However the club chap (O'Sullivan) says Jimmy Seed's grandson, James, is helping out.

I've honestly never met anyone called Jim/Jimmy, so I'm not sure if that's just a short version of James, in which it case it makes sense. If its not, is there a second grandson? Otherwise, who is O'Sullivan talking about when he says James is helping out?
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

Curb_It said:

LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

You're certainly not, I expect I'm simply being a bit dumb and Jim is short for James. I never knew that though!
    LenGlover said:

LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

Thanks for that Len, but in all honesty I'm still a bit confused. At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid, is Jim short for James?

It quotes Jimmy Seed's grandson, Jim Dutton, who I follow on Twitter. However the club chap (O'Sullivan) says Jimmy Seed's grandson, James, is helping out.

I've honestly never met anyone called Jim/Jimmy, so I'm not sure if that's just a short version of James, in which it case it makes sense. If its not, is there a second grandson? Otherwise, who is O'Sullivan talking about when he says James is helping out?
    Jim is short for James
  • edited September 2016
    Anyway....well said Jim. Not surprised you've withdrawn your support.
  • FORD said:

LoOkOuT said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Jim is short for James

But, conversely, Jimmy is also short for James, even though it's longer!
    Jimmy is not longer than James, but is longer than Jim which is shorter than James. Jimbo is the same length as Jimmy and James.

Hope that clears up the confusion.
    http://youtu.be/g77eSTOTupw
  • Well said Jim btw. I can't ever remember hearing of this situation happening before in any context.
  • What our CEO has said cannot be unsaid. Amazing she is still in a job given this fact. Great credit to Jim.