Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Seed's grandson's condemnation of the regime

Comments

• edited September 2016
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:

Close season 14/15

The Club put in brand new red seats in certain areas of the ground, Photos of the 1998 Play Off win outside the Covered End plus a general tidy up of the Valley.

Did anyone get consulted back then about these changes or did they just do it with the minimum of fuss?

This was done by this regime, so why change tact now and look to start pleasing fans, when just do, what you did back then.

Much like the spring clean, new seats and other bits and bobs in close season last year.

But the JS stand is more emotive because it's named after the only manager to have won anything for us - so involving family was sensible
    No it wasn't at all. It was a cynical attempt to create good PR. It should be offensive to anyone who has any sense of history of our club.

I have on occassions found your input interesting but your refusal to acknowledge the obvious is tedious I am afraid to say.
    Sorry you feel that way - but I guarantee there would have been people say words to the effect of "Why didn't the club involve the family since they were the ones who raised it" so either way would lead to frustrations.
    You seem to be missing the point of why people think this is a cock up by the club. Yes the club should consult the family and if they didn't that would be justifiable reason to slag them off. However that isn't the real problem with this saga. The fact that the club made a big public song and dance about simply fixing a sign in a desperate bid for good publicity before anything has actually happened is the complaint. If they had just gone about it and replaced the sign without the pathetic PR attempt then it would have been a well done job by the club and those involved, even if the family chose not to be involved and publicly stated as such. Save the PR for after it's been done. At least the club wouldn't have again scored a public PR own goal and even if the sign does get done it's too late, they've managed to cock up something as simple as that with their desperation and overall ineptitude. .
    Swisdom is an intelligent bloke. He doesn't miss the point. He just isn't listening, the same as anyone else with a financial interest.
    I don't go along with the financial interest point that keeps being thrown at Swisdom but he does appear to always ignore the particular point that I and others have made. As he has done again.
    What point am I ignoring? That this was nothing more than a pr exercise by the club? That's because I don't believe it was. They were trying to put some information out there that was positive and show they taken fans comments on board and were working with Jim/James.

That's just the way I see it. My opinion. No more than that. Can't believe I'm getting so much heat for something which is my opinion.
  • Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman
  • edited September 2016
    What a detestable thing to suggest. Words (almost) fail me. I would seriously question whether she is a Charlton supporter at all. Her predilection for the freebies she enjoys seems more important to her than the history of the Club. As Andy Warhol once said, everyone will enjoy 15 minutes of fame. Well Mrs 'Perks', your husband, off whose coat tails you hang, will no doubt be retiring in the not too distant future, and you will return to the obscurity from whence you came.
  • I thought the SMT had already renamed it. SOUTH STAND :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016
    Unfortunately it's not just her. "Others" have mentioned renaming the stand elsewhere.

Why? Are they really that dense.

And to suggest that refusing the clubs request was "impolite". Just what planet does she live on? she clearly does not understand why people are so upset and annoyed. She doesn't have to agree with them, but at least try to understand why they might have the arsehole.
  • Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman

She has no real influence or power. Treat her like a mosquito bite. Ignore her and she'll go away soon enough.
  • Sue seems to not only want to enjoy some power and influence and the trappings that go with it, but typically expects deference from others.
    Echoes of plebgate.
    The club ought to honour Seed whatever, and need not have the blessing of any fan group or indeed relative in order to do it, although the family blessing would be lovely.
    Sue seems to be saying that the club is doing an enormous favour on this, and the family ought to be grateful like Oliver Twist with his gruel, and if not, then the sign should not go ahead in being restored.
    I am assuming Sue has an attitude similar to Katrien and Keohane on this.

As for Swisdom and CACT. It looks to me that the CACT is being used and exploited in a similar way to target20k, and I would be in support of action by fans to educate the wider community in the upcoming Football in Business event. If the CACT is doing a good job an awards event makes no difference to them, but an award that this regime wrongly claims the credit for certainly makes a difference to me and some other fans too.
    I have plenty of time for Jason Morgan but sometimes there are bigger issues.
  • Beardface said:

Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman

She has no real influence or power. Treat her like a mosquito bite. Ignore her and she'll go away soon enough.
    Maybe not but what gets me is that she sees fit to have a go at the Charlton fans who pay their way, she needs to wind her neck in
  • Just tell her that she is a< fill in expletives as you feel fit i>
  • Beardface said:

Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman

agreed
  • She really likes to be in the spot light doesn't she.

I mean, come on, surely Chris would be pulling his hair out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Beardface said:

Problem is, she won't. And by her own admission she is one of the faces of the club visiting directors see, so she can do damage.
  • mogodon said:

Beardface said:

Problem is, she won't. And by her own admission she is one of the faces of the club visiting directors see, so she can do damage.
    In my opinion this sort of person thrives on attention. She creates a stir with crass comments and then has something to talk to those she (for some reason) looks up to. Take that away and her power diminishes. She may still be pysically around but her ability to converse in key fan issues will be diminished along with any influence she thinks she has.

Re your second point - you're right - meeting other teams board members gives her the ability to do damage. But I'd suggest the damage she's routinely does is far greater to her reputation and the regime, and for the most part strengthen CARD's aim of ridding the club of Roland and Co.

Personally I'd suggest we continue to focus efforts on media and fans of other clubs. The more we continue to mobilise and support our cause, the closer we are to driving them out of the club.

Doesn't mean she's not a {...} though...
  • edited September 2016
  • DOC64 said:

Difficult to ignore her when she says something so inflammatory.

Bear in mind this isn't an ordinary 'supporter'.

This is a woman that represents Charlton at board level in grounds around the country as well as at The Valley. She is a representative of Charlton in company with her husband who is a senior official at the club.

The fact that she is allowed to speak out as she does is truly unbelievable!!

That is what worries me too. The AFCW people visited the Valley boardoom with open minds, hoping to learn directly from Meire herself what the vision is for the CAFC relationship with fans, which is so different to that of AFCW's. What they actually got was a bucket-load of Sue Parkes, saying all the stuff we have already read about from her, and pretty vociferously too.

I understand the AFCW guys managed to filter out all that sound and fury and reach their own conclusions, but it apparently had some effect at Walsall. So while it would be best to just ignore her, I worry about the effect she is having on other clubs' perceptions.

I think you'll get a taste of what other clubs think from the vote for a place on the EFL board.
  • DOC64 said:

This is a woman that represents Charlton at board level in grounds around the country as well as at The Valley. She is a representative of Charlton in company with her husband who is a senior official at the club.

That is what worries me too. The AFCW people visited the Valley boardoom with open minds, hoping to learn directly from Meire herself what the vision is for the CAFC relationship with fans, which is so different to that of AFCW's. What they actually got was a bucket-load of Sue Parkes, saying all the stuff we have already read about from her, and pretty vociferously too.

I understand the AFCW guys managed to filter out all that sound and fury and reach their own conclusions, but it apparently had some effect at Walsall. So while it would be best to just ignore her, I worry about the effect she is having on other clubs' perceptions.

I think you'll get a taste of what other clubs think from the vote for a place on the EFL board.
    Is the voting count made public ?
  • DOC64 said:

Is the voting count made public ?
    Was the fact that she's a candidate?