Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Seed's grandson's condemnation of the regime

Comments

• Beardface said:

Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman

She has no real influence or power. Treat her like a mosquito bite. Ignore her and she'll go away soon enough.
    So, take anti-malarial tablets, etc., and... Actually, she might make sense if you're having a bad experience with Larium.
  • Beardface said:

Sue Perks suggesting that maybe the club should rename the Jimmy Seed stand after recent developments, she's an absolute piece of work this woman

She has no real influence or power. Treat her like a mosquito bite. Ignore her and she'll go away soon enough.
    So next time I go to the Valley I need to buy Sue Parkes repellent and a net
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

BDL said:

@Swisdom Steve what is your line in the sand?

When I'm walking naked on a beach holiday. Two footprints and a line in the middle :-)

Joking aside I don't get what you mean. I drew a line in the sand after we were relegated. I don't think we can fall any further, I don't think we will I don't think we are. The problem is that for every time something goes reasonably well there is something to counteract it which is seemingly bigger.

The training ground was a positive however the planners are now making things difficult so the club will get hit over the head with it.
    We employed an English manager and some new players who appeared to want to play for the shirts however then the Thomas Driessen affair came out and everything becomes shit again.

The biggest problem is that there are so many people who will twist and spin everything the club says into a negative that it just outgrows the original positive and makes it seem like we are in freefall still. I am well aware that things are not perfect but I also not quite as destitute as many people would want us to believe.

The defeat to Wimbledon was not good enough I don't think anyone would dispute that but we have been on the other side of smash and grabs many times past and it is just part of football. That's what makes the game so awesome, you can be dominant in a game and still lose no other support offers this.

The wording the club used of "working with the fans to get this done" was ambiguous and has inevitably led to people stating the club wouldn't be paying. As of last week I know for a fact they were getting it done and are paying for it. It was out to tender.

I am not sure if last night's statement will change this though
    They got a quote for it over the summer so sorry I don't believe what you say about if being a "fact" that they are getting it done. Even going to tender doesn't mean it will be done. That's just asking the price. Even if we believe the version of the story they have given you they claimed credit before they had even got a quote.

As for the training ground being held up by the planners, well that is a new one. We already have planning permission, we started the work, then when we were relegated it was stopped. What have the planners got to do with it?

This must be the 3rd or 4th difference excuse over the "delay". It was flooding and problems with the resovair, then it was a delay while they went to tender (there's that one again) and now it is trouble from the planners.

Sorry, I don't believe them. I think they are lying and that they are incompetent.

Roland doesn't want to spend the money on a league 1 club so has pulled the plug until we get, or are close to, promotion.
    I'm just saying what I was told - they are getting a price and were definitely doing it (before last night)

The training ground did have a problem with the reservoir and it got resolved. There was an issue with the original design that needed some changes and therefore planners have to approve again. I don't know the specifics of the current planning delays but there could be hundreds of reasons - local residents had issues, there may have been problems with getting the essential services to site, there was something to do with the Rugby club too. I don't know or care. But why would the club announce the details when they are only going to get lambasted.

Roland claims he won't be going anywhere until we are self sufficient - ie in the premier league (or folded)

If he continues to run things as he currently is then he'll die of old age before we ever get back to the premier league.
    With any luck.
  • edited September 2016

Beardface said:

So next time I go to the Valley I need to buy Sue Parkes repellent and a net
    I wouldn't insult mosquitoes by likening her to them. I was referring to the irritating welt left after a bite.
  • edited September 2016

Chris needs to grow a pair and shut her up . Fancy having a gobshite of a wife spouting bollocks constantly on public forums .
    It's like she has torretes
  • Judging what I'm being told another former player and Legend's family are no longer wishing to be associated with them or the club. I'm hoping to be allowed to release what I've been told, but anyone that knows my connection with the family will know who it is but Mrs Perks won't. So she'll be running out of potential names to use before long ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Judging what I'm being told another former player and Legend's family are no longer wishing to be associated with them or the club. I'm hoping to be allowed to release what I've been told, but anyone that knows my connection with the family will know who it is but Mrs Perks won't. So she'll be running out of potential names to use before long ;)

Parkes will only go and suggestThe Katrien Meire Stand if you leave it to her. And the Bartram statue will be replaced by one of Roland ...
  • What an obnoxious woman she is. When they have gone the gravy train will stop Sue. Please let it be soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe they can reuse that one they had of Michael Jackson at Fulham and just melt parts of the face a bit?
  • That charlton bit.on facebook is really full of helmets, rrad one thread and went numb in the head, perks belongs there
  • That charlton bit.on facebook is really full of helmets, rrad one thread and went numb in the head, perks belongs there

Don't do Twitter or FB. Care to elaborate?
  • edited September 2016

DOC64 said:

That charlton bit.on facebook is really full of helmets, rrad one thread and went numb in the head, perks belongs there

It's aform of social media
    That's probably why I don't do them....
  • vffvff
    edited September 2016
    Sure Cahones & Duchatelet would love to rename the Jimmy Seed stand. It will be easier to redevelop / knock it down for housing.

Maybe that is why Duchatelet has fans mixing in his mind and less segregation. Unfortunately for Duchatelet and Cahones the police would not be happy about away supporters in the East stand.

Sue Parkes in her mind has Duchatelet and Meire as Charlton. In her mind anyone who disagrees with Duchatelet or Meire is disagreeing with Charlton. It doesn't matter how spectacularly Duchatelet or Meire gets it, how poor the team is on the pitch or how many holes in the squad, they can do no wrong. Parkes has unfortunately got it completey arse about face.

Disrepecting the Jimmy Seed family was very poor.
  • DOC64 said:

DOC64 said:

That charlton bit.on facebook is really full of helmets, rrad one thread and went numb in the head, perks belongs there

It's aform of social media
    That's probably why I don't do them....
    Nor do I )
  • What an obnoxious woman she is. When they have gone the gravy train will stop Sue. Please let it be soon.

I thought at first she was just deluded, but have now realised she is a f*****g nasty piece of work
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like Sue Perks has gone all motherly on poor Katrien who's getting totally unwarranted abuse from thousands of Charlton fans, the poor girl is only 30. She's started defending her and by default the regime. She's set her stall out and now has to see it through and pray they turn it around. We all know that is not gonna happen and she's going to be left out in the cold when VC Day comes...and it will.
  • Well said Len
  • Davo55 said:

One day Duchatelet will sell the club and Meire will go back to being a complete nobody. I just hope then that all their incompetent hangers on and arse lickers will quickly be shown the door.

Perhaps, deep down, Ms Meire knows this and that's perhaps why she's continually trying to improve her cv.
  • jdmotion said:

Thanks for your kind comments. I've tried to explain my reasons for my withdrawal here: http://jimmyseed.blogspot.co.uk/ (in case you haven't read it).

From Facebook:
    Sue Parks: 'Shame his Grandson hasn't posted the correct info unless he is also blaming Tony Jiminez and Michael Slater. RD has only owned the club for 2yrs and 8 mths - not 4 years as he stated. Also RD is the owner. Katrien is not a shareholder. I think Malcolm could be right.' (Not sure what 'Malcolm' said).

Sue Parkes/Parks is correct, I did say 4 years. My mistake. As I've said, my return to the Charlton fold is very recent (and is partly because I'm working on a new book about JS). And I did say 'shareholders'. I meant to say, 'directors'. That was just a slip. I'm not sure why she thinks my slips ups are important.

I certainly wasn't blaming Michael Slater who I don't know and have never spoken to. Martin Simons, a previous chairman, gave my mother his home number and told her that if any of the family ever wanted to attended matches he would arrange it for us. This was when the family loaned the bronze bust of Jimmy Seed (previously on display in the foyer, now outside the boardroom) to the club. I was too reticent/embarrassed to take advantage of his kind offer, and my previous visits since then have been as a paying customer.

My original tweet about the JS stand sign being faded was actually quite lighthearted, and I was quite surprised when it received so much support, including from the Charlton Museum. I was more surprised when the club contacted me about it.
    Anyway, I was probably a little naive for thinking I could get involved in the project without it being seen as political (probably by both sides). On reflection I should have stepped back and let them get on with it, and I wish I had.
    But part of my motivation for involvement was maintaining the family connection. I'm trying to steer my 10 and 13 year old sons away from following their school friends who mainly support Chelsea or Arsenal. Can't think why.
    I took Tommy (10) to the away game at Fulham in February. We sat in pouring rain. He wouldn't move to dry seats. He wouldn't leave early before half time to get in the queue for refreshments. He wouldn't leave early to avoid the crowds before full time. He wouldn't leave before every Charlton player had left the pitch. He was hooked, despite the 3-0 defeat. And his first visit to The Valley (2-0 v. Middlesbrough) confirmed it. I was glad we hadn't won both matches, it showed he was ready for the full Charlton experience!

I do understand why some at the club may be angry about my rather clumsy withdrawal. But there are things that make the fans feel angry too, and it's odd that club insiders can't understand that, considering events over the last two years and eight months. I think Sue's comments are an insight into the disconnect that exists between the club and the protesters. I've heard of a club insider calling them 'morons' and 'hooligans'. (You've probably heard all this before - apologies if so).

Having said that, I don't believe all is lost (unless RD's most vehement detractors are right). There are definitely signs that efforts are being made to move things in a better direction. Whether there truly is the will to carry this through remains to be seen.

great post