Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Seed's grandson's condemnation of the regime

Comments

• JohnnyH2 said:

Well done Jim

Yet again the club try to do something and make a bigger mess had they not done anything. A relatively simple maintenance job and they use it to start boasting about how great they are before anything is actually done.

The sign needs to be repaired today and they do not need to communicate when it's done. Let the people see it for themselves when next at The Valley.

Also does show again why the Target 20k lot are being used but they seem to be happy being used

spot on
  • LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

“We’ll work with Target 20k and Jimmy’s grandson James on refurbishing it.”

Jimmy Seed’s grandson Jim Dutton said: “I’m delighted with the news, as is my sister and all the family. I was there in 1981 when my mum cut the ribbon to open the stand and I was also there when my mum re-dedicated it in the 1990s.

@Henry Irving - Are there two grandsons involved, if not - why is he referred to as two different names?
    Weirdest post ever. You really didn't know Jim is short for James?

I know the fashion now is for middle class parents to use the full name (James, Benjamin, Anthony) rather than the shortened version but really?

PS my son is called Joe although it says Joseph on his birth certificate. #keepingitreal
  • LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

Jimmy Seed’s grandson Jim Dutton said: “I’m delighted with the news, as is my sister and all the family. I was there in 1981 when my mum cut the ribbon to open the stand and I was also there when my mum re-dedicated it in the 1990s.

@Henry Irving - Are there two grandsons involved, if not - why is he referred to as two different names?

I know the fashion now is for middle class parents to use the full name (James, Benjamin, Anthony) rather than the shortened version but really?

PS my son is called Joe although it says Joseph on his birth certificate. #keepingitreal
    Would've been a little less weird if you'd continued reading and seen it was a genuine mistake to be quite honest...

I know a few people named James, never heard any of them referred to as Jim. Had an old next door neighbour named Jim, but he moved when I was 8.

As someone in my mid twenties I can honestly say I've never come across it before, they were simply different names in my mind.
  • Charlton never cease to amaze me these days. They try and get a cheap PR win from doing some basic ground maintenance and can't even get that right as one of the parties they say it is important to work with completely slags them off and disowns the whole business.

They can't just put their foot in their mouth, they have to shoot themselves in that foot at the same time!
  • Just been tweeted by The Guardian's Owen Gibson.
  • CHG said:

Just been tweeted by The Guardian's Owen Gibson.

and it said....?
  • Sponsored links:

• As part of the 2% of protestors, let me join in by saying well played James - nail on head.
  • seth plum said:

Charlton Athletic will work with fans to refurbish the Jimmy Seed Stand sign following feedback from fan group Target 20k.

I still can't get over this. You're repainting/replacing a sign! It really doesn't need a committee of fans and relatives to set a strategy.
    The "strategy" was that the club were asking Jimmy if he wanted to design the logo - which he did. He put forward a few suggestions following a Twitter poll he ran I believe. Seems he's now had a 180 degree turnaround.

• She ain't bovvered about the bad publicity. She can learn from this mistake.
  • Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Charlton Athletic will work with fans to refurbish the Jimmy Seed Stand sign following feedback from fan group Target 20k.

I still can't get over this. You're repainting/replacing a sign! It really doesn't need a committee of fans and relatives to set a strategy.
    The "strategy" was that the club were asking Jimmy if he wanted to design the logo - which he did. He put forward a few suggestions following a Twitter poll he ran I believe. Seems he's now had a 180 degree turnaround.

Hopefully you and a few others will soon!
  • edited September 2016
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Just curious as to why you feel the need to remark on pretty much every comment I make. Whether it's for or against the regime you can't help but chime in. Doesn't it get boring?

and for what it's worth a 180 degree turnaround for me would leave me exactly as I am now. I'd still be a supporter of Charlton, still be happy at some things the club are doing and still be disappointed at others.
  • As I said elsewhere AFKA or HI had made an appeal via this forum for £3000 to repair/replace the sign the money would have been raised within 48hrs probably less. No need for a commitee.

Just question does Andrews have any involvement in sponsoring the club? My reason for asking this is there are two signs next to the Jimmy Seed sign which would need to be removed, so the club would have to hire the equipment, irrespective of whether the JS sign needs replacing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Just curious as to why you feel the need to remark on pretty much every comment I make. Whether it's for or against the regime you can't help but chime in. Doesn't it get boring?

and for what it's worth a 180 degree turnaround for me would leave me exactly as I am now. I'd still be a supporter of Charlton, still be happy at some things the club are doing and still be disappointed at others.
    Fair enough, you just always find a way to defend poor form from the regime, have you ever remarked against them? It's apparent why you do, for commercial reasons, and I get that, but I think you open yourself up to criticism when we all know there's an ulterior motive for you to defend them. There's no strategy in renovating a sign and a respected family of a Charlton legend have taken a tough decision because they don't like what's going on. I'll refrain from commenting directly on your posts about the regime in the future as you say....boring.
  • Little known fact:

Jim Dutton's middle name is "Charlton"

Mum liked film stars?
  • LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

Just to deal with any confusion, telly is short for 'television' neither are on my birth certificate.
    I thought it was telescope or was that just an nasty rumour?

: - )
  • @Swisdom Steve what is your line in the sand?
  • BDL said:

@Swisdom Steve what is your line in the sand?

When I'm walking naked on a beach holiday. Two footprints and a line in the middle :-)

Joking aside I don't get what you mean. I drew a line in the sand after we were relegated. I don't think we can fall any further, I don't think we will I don't think we are. The problem is that for every time something goes reasonably well there is something to counteract it which is seemingly bigger.

The training ground was a positive however the planners are now making things difficult so the club will get hit over the head with it.
    We employed an English manager and some new players who appeared to want to play for the shirts however then the Thomas Driessen affair came out and everything becomes shit again.

The biggest problem is that there are so many people who will twist and spin everything the club says into a negative that it just outgrows the original positive and makes it seem like we are in freefall still. I am well aware that things are not perfect but I also not quite as destitute as many people would want us to believe.

The defeat to Wimbledon was not good enough I don't think anyone would dispute that but we have been on the other side of smash and grabs many times past and it is just part of football. That's what makes the game so awesome, you can be dominant in a game and still lose no other support offers this.

The wording the club used of "working with the fans to get this done" was ambiguous and has inevitably led to people stating the club wouldn't be paying. As of last week I know for a fact they were getting it done and are paying for it. It was out to tender.

I am not sure if last night's statement will change this though