Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Seed's grandson's condemnation of the regime

Comments

• seth plum said:

So. The Community Trust is heralded on the club website, yet they are excluded from project meetings that will impact on their activities, and any support they get from the parent club appears to be somewhere between scant and non-existent beyond lending the name of Charlton Athletic to the enterprise. Would I be correct in saying that Greenwich as a local authority offers more, and more substantial support to the Community Trust than the club does?
    There will be a football in business award on November 3rd at Arsenal, and tickets and tables for the event are available. One of the judges is incompetent businesswoman Katrien Miere.
    Should the football business awards know the truth on the ground regarding Charlton Athletic?

WTF? How is she still getting these cushy little days out?
  • WTF? How is she still getting these cushy little days out?

She's coated in Teflon and for some bizarre reason people believe all the bullshit she spouts to them.
  • seth plum said:

So. The Community Trust is heralded on the club website, yet they are excluded from project meetings that will impact on their activities, and any support they get from the parent club appears to be somewhere between scant and non-existent beyond lending the name of Charlton Athletic to the enterprise. Would I be correct in saying that Greenwich as a local authority offers more, and more substantial support to the Community Trust than the club does?
    There will be a football in business award on November 3rd at Arsenal, and tickets and tables for the event are available. One of the judges is incompetent businesswoman Katrien Miere.
    Should the football business awards know the truth on the ground regarding Charlton Athletic?

Not without us knowing the facts as potentially scuppering CACT from winning an award to try to spite CAFC is very bad form.

Swisdom said:

So did the club start work without the detailed permission or do they already have it?
    Don't know - we were not involved.

What is the issue holding things up?
    Already said I don't know what the delays are now.

And you are close to CACT, how happy are they with the plans and the regime
    Anything that impacts CACT's facility is run past our company since we are one of their Patrons and they trust our judgement. If we are not happy it does not happen. Even if I knew it is not my place to state their stance with the regime.

Yet I've heard that CACT doesn't know what is going on either and has been excluded from recent project meetings.
    We can only comment on what we know about - if the club don't involve CACT then that won't go down well. But the fact is - they are paying so maybe that's what they will try to do. That said - I'm sure Jason Morgan won't give up without a fight.
  • Swisdom said:

So did the club start work without the detailed permission or do they already have it?

Anything that impacts CACT's facility is run past our company since we are one of their Patrons and they trust our judgement. If we are not happy it does not happen. Even if I knew it is not my place to state their stance with the regime.

Sorry Steve, not trying to dig you out as you're a fan and just trying to help but that doesn't wash.

They tell you there are planning issues and that's it? No enquiry from you as to what in case you can help or explanation from them as to what the general issue is.

I know you can't speak for the Trust but surely any delay to the build impacts on the Trust's facilities? Aren't they a key partner. But from what Airman says they aren't in the loop either.

Still, if as rumoured on another thread Roland is there today maybe he will sort it all out.
  • LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

WTF? How is she still getting these cushy little days out?
    Perhaps the event could be leafleted with a CARD update of all the great work Latrien has done at CAFC?
    If I'm not in contract I'll be up for giving her a visit again...
  • Swisdom said:

Sorry Steve, not trying to dig you out as you're a fan and just trying to help but that doesn't wash.

They tell you there are planning issues and that's it? No enquiry from you as to what in case you can help or explanation from them as to what the general issue is.

I know you can't speak for the Trust but surely any delay to the build impacts on the Trust's facilities? Aren't they a key partner. But from what Airman says they aren't in the loop either.

Still, if as rumoured on another thread Roland is there today maybe he will sort it all out.
    I'm not being deliberately awkward. They didn't tell us there is a planning issue - I heard it elsewhere. We are not the designer and are therefore not on the critical path where information is concerned. We only get involved when CAFC, CACT or Emmaus contact us and invite us to attend a meeting or comment on the work of others.

The Trust's facilty is up and running as they always have been - it's business as usual for them at the moment in their archaic portakabin

• edited September 2016
    Fair enough Steve but even you must feel that something isn't right. They certainly aren't sharing much info with the fans.

BTW Emmaus Consulting have finally mentioned their sponsorship with Charlton although the deleted mention of the work in their project list, which originally said the project was set to complete at the end of 2016, has not re-appeared.

http://www.emmausconsulting.uk/news/
  • edited September 2016
    There's one planning issue on the Greenwich website, which is the discharge of various planning conditions including one requiring the club to achieve "Secured by Design" accreditation before starting work.

As the police point out in the paperwork, such a condition is nonsense since you can only achieve such creditation for a completed development.

I haven't been back and checked the wording of the condition, but a condition that can't be satisfied would not be a consideration in holding up works since the council would never be able to get an enforcement order from a court if the club was in breach. And a stop notice would be vastly disproportionate anyway.

The other matters are noise, drainage and lighting details, which are pretty standard for a development of this kind. I'm not sure why these matters should still be outstanding or how they explain the revised completion date of late 2018 and apparent reversal of the order in which things were to be built.

If there's another planning issue why hasn't the club applied for a variation? And why didn't the club apply for what it needed in the first place. I smell a rat, name of Roland.

What prevents the club explaining what is going on?
  • Sponsored links:

• There's one planning issue on the Greenwich website, which is the discharge of a planning condition requiring the club to achieve "Secured by Design" accreditation before starting work.

As the police point out in the paperwork, such a condition is nonsense since you can only achieve such creditation for a completed development.

I haven't been back and checked the wording of the condition, but a condition that can't be satisfied would not be a consideration in holding up works since the council would never be able to get an enforcement order from a court if the club was in breach. And a stop notice would be vastly disproportionate anyway.

If there's another planning issue why hasn't the club applied for a variation? And why didn't the club apply for what it needed in the first place. I smell a rat, name of Roland.

image.gif 1000.7K
  • Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Not without us knowing the facts as potentially scuppering CACT from winning an award to try to spite CAFC is very bad form.

Swisdom said:

Yet I've heard that CACT doesn't know what is going on either and has been excluded from recent project meetings.
    We can only comment on what we know about - if the club don't involve CACT then that won't go down well. But the fact is - they are paying so maybe that's what they will try to do. That said - I'm sure Jason Morgan won't give up without a fight.
    I wonder if the Football in Business organisation could handle the concept of Charlton Athletic Community Trust good, Katrien Meire as the incompetent CEO of Charlton Athletic bad.

Would the parent club basking in the reflected glory of CACT getting an award be 'very bad form'?
  • Slade was asked the latest on Sparrow's Lane & he said it was delayed due to an access issue. This wasn't followed up.
  • Little known fact:

Jim Dutton's middle name is "Charlton"

Mum liked film stars?
    Bloke working in my local coffee shop is called Charlton. I got quite excited at the thought of Addicks related chat...but sadly turned out his old man was into Planet of the Apes and he's not into football at all. Would have got a tip if he'd lied.
  • edited September 2016

Slade was asked the latest on Sparrow's Lane & he said it was delayed due to an access issue. This wasn't followed up.

Wouldn't really expect Slade to know, tbf, but the club has permission for its scheme with the existing access. So that doesn't seem to stack up either.
  • There's one planning issue on the Greenwich website, which is the discharge of various planning conditions including one requiring the club to achieve "Secured by Design" accreditation before starting work.

The other matters are noise, drainage and lighting details, which are pretty standard for a development of this kind. I'm not sure why these matters should still be outstanding or how they explain the revised completion date of late 2018 and apparent reversal of the order in which things were to be built.

What prevents the club explaining what is going on?

Have you directly asked them?
  • brilliant, welcome aboard @jdmotion
  • Welcome Jim, look forward to reading more of your posts
  • Welcome to Charlton Life Jim, when I was young your Granddad was manager at Charlton, the best manager we have had and most Charlton supporters were shocked when he got the sack, I think it was a disgrace when he was not asked to become a director, he had a great eye for finding players and should have been kept on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Welcome to the madhouse Jim.
  • And now you have commented, you never will. Good for you :smile:
  • jdmotion said:

Re the sign, yes it was a very hard decision to withdraw my family's involvement.
    But to be honest, if we had new owners, I'd have been thrilled and proud to unveil a new sign at The Valley.
    But under current circumstances, I thought I might have felt like I was being used. Without real evidence of a genuine change of direction by the ownership, I felt I had no choice.
    But the bottom line is, I think my granddad would have approved of my actions.

I did buy season tickets for me and my youngest son Tommy (aged 10). I want him to maintain the family's connection with the club. He won't build up a connection without visiting the Valley. So I don't have any doubts that buying season tickets was the right thing to do under the circumstances.
    At the Middlesbrough match (2-0) last season he LOVED the protests and was singing "We want Rolland out!" with the rest of the fans. It was his first visit. He had his picture taken on the pitch. He protested. I think he's won over. He even wants to go to the Oxford match, if we can get tickets. Funnily enough, the club offered us the chance to sit on the fans sofa. Thanks god I persuaded him it wasn't a good idea! We bought our own tickets for the family stand instead.
    BTW have never been invited to the Valley since Martin Simons time.

given what your family has done for the club you're forgiven
  • LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

“We’ll work with Target 20k and Jimmy’s grandson James on refurbishing it.”

Jimmy Seed’s grandson Jim Dutton said: “I’m delighted with the news, as is my sister and all the family. I was there in 1981 when my mum cut the ribbon to open the stand and I was also there when my mum re-dedicated it in the 1990s.

@Henry Irving - Are there two grandsons involved, if not - why is he referred to as two different names?
    Weirdest post ever. You really didn't know Jim is short for James?

I know the fashion now is for middle class parents to use the full name (James, Benjamin, Anthony) rather than the shortened version but really?

PS my son is called Joe although it says Joseph on his birth certificate. #keepingitreal
    I thought his name was Henry Jnr :smile:
  • WTF? How is she still getting these cushy little days out?

She's coated in Teflon and for some bizarre reason people believe all the bullshit she spouts to them.

She's young, presentable and a token woman in a man's world. The powers that be will be falling over themselves to include her in as much as they can. As long as she doesn't start talking, it's a strategy that might pay off.