Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gazza

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Anyone else see the news headlines recently and instantly think, "Oh no, what's he done now?" ?
  • Options
    Not really because Gazza has an extra Z than Gaza 😉
  • Options
    I walked past Gaza today in Bournemouth and he was looking ok
  • Options
    I'm originally from kibbutz Reim.
    Beyond apocalyptic.
    6 dead and 2 missing, houses burnt, all the population has been evacuated to Eilat and a few to Tel Aviv.
    No people in the kibbutz first time since foundation in 1949.
    Actually, one woman, Adi, stayed to feed the cats. So technically not all have left.
    Also, Mum and dad are still buried there so...

Beeri (a much larger kibbutz) up the road has suffered many many more victims. 
    The bastards use to beat us in football all the time. Now we all cry together...
  • Options
    I'm originally from kibbutz Reim.
    Beyond apocalyptic.
    6 dead and 2 missing, houses burnt, all the population has been evacuated to Eilat and a few to Tel Aviv.
    No people in the kibbutz first time since foundation in 1949.
    Actually, one woman, Adi, stayed to feed the cats. So technically not all have left.
    Also, Mum and dad are still buried there so...

Beeri (a much larger kibbutz) up the road has suffered many many more victims. 
    The bastards use to beat us in football all the time. Now we all cry together...
    Awful to hear Lenny, thoughts with you and the Israeli people who will overcome the savagery of these terrorists.

I take some comfort from the lady that stayed behind to feed the cats, what strength in adversity. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to sorry to read that Lenny but to be clear, this thread is very much about Gazza and not Gaza. We’re not gonna touch that one. 
    Has the house of commoners group been closed?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Leuth said:
    Sorry to sorry to read that Lenny but to be clear, this thread is very much about Gazza and not Gaza. We’re not gonna touch that one. 
    As a website I feel we're best off avoiding the issue, it's a brutal and tragic situation all around and trying to pointscore or offer moral thunder about it is horrible. I will say that, looking at places that have talked about it, the amount of actual mask-off antisemitism I've seen from fellow leftists has been somewhat eye-opening. I feel I may owe a couple of people here something of an apology.

Anyway, back to Gazza. Bournemouth, you say?
    Avoiding the issue went well
    All I've effectively said is 'it is seemingly very hard to talk about this while also viewing everyone involved as human beings', viewing it as a zero-sum goodies and baddies thing is the way madness lies. I'm sure we can all agree it is a horrible, tragic situation brought about by all-round terrible leadership and basically leave it there, is all. 
  • Options
    Although, posting a pro-Rangers clip might be seen as politically-motivated speech
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Although, posting a pro-Rangers clip might be seen as politically-motivated speech
    I try....
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    shine166 said:
    Leuth said:
    As a website I feel we're best off avoiding the issue, it's a brutal and tragic situation all around and trying to pointscore or offer moral thunder about it is horrible. I will say that, looking at places that have talked about it, the amount of actual mask-off antisemitism I've seen from fellow leftists has been somewhat eye-opening. I feel I may owe a couple of people here something of an apology.

Avoiding the issue went well
    All I've effectively said is 'it is seemingly very hard to talk about this while also viewing everyone involved as human beings', viewing it as a zero-sum goodies and baddies thing is the way madness lies. I'm sure we can all agree it is a horrible, tragic situation brought about by all-round terrible leadership and basically leave it there, is all. 
    Yep 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Leuth said:

Of course....but all the subjects on the house of commoners group have been closed.....on the first page though I see some are still open on the 2nd and 3rd page.
  • Options
    Like a dog with a bone. Any thoughts on Gascoigne?
    Haven't heard much for some time now.
    Let’s hope that’s a good thing.
    Being in the limelight does him no favours.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Like a dog with a bone. Any thoughts on Gascoigne?
    Haven't heard much for some time now.
    Let’s hope that’s a good thing.
    Being in the limelight does him no favours.
    He did great on the Scared of the Dark show. Hopefully the love that he got on it and the win has helped him. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Andy Townsend told a funny story about him on talkSport last week

gonna paraphrase, but basically Gazza phoned him the night before Boro/Sunderland game and said got tickets for Neil Diamond in Newcastle tonight. Townsend said no, we got a game tomorrow, but Gazza persuaded him as had a private box and they wont be drinking....

They are in the box and obviously have a beer in hand when, in walks Sunderland manager Peter Reid.
    He goes up to them and says What you doing here, we are playing you tomorrow.

Gazza pleads with him not to tell Bryan Robson that they were out, and Reidy says, if you beat us tomorrow, I will not say a word, but if we beat you, I will tell Robbo you were here.

Next day, in the game, Gazza scores and Townsend is shouting at him ' don't do anything' but Gazza runs straight over to Reid in the Sunderland dug out and starts singing 'Coming to America' to him.
    I think Townsend is talking rubbish. Had a quick look and Gazza never scored against Sunderland for Boro. Makes a good story though.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Andy Townsend told a funny story about him on talkSport last week

gonna paraphrase, but basically Gazza phoned him the night before Boro/Sunderland game and said got tickets for Neil Diamond in Newcastle tonight. Townsend said no, we got a game tomorrow, but Gazza persuaded him as had a private box and they wont be drinking....

They are in the box and obviously have a beer in hand when, in walks Sunderland manager Peter Reid.
    He goes up to them and says What you doing here, we are playing you tomorrow.

Gazza pleads with him not to tell Bryan Robson that they were out, and Reidy says, if you beat us tomorrow, I will not say a word, but if we beat you, I will tell Robbo you were here.

Next day, in the game, Gazza scores and Townsend is shouting at him ' don't do anything' but Gazza runs straight over to Reid in the Sunderland dug out and starts singing 'Coming to America' to him.
    I think Townsend is talking rubbish. Had a quick look and Gazza never scored against Sunderland for Boro. Makes a good story though.
    Ha - should tweet him and say that.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Of course....but all the subjects on the house of commoners group have been closed.....on the first page though I see some are still open on the 2nd and 3rd page.
    Which just about sums up the level of moderation it got. 
    You know the mods all volunteer, for our benefit, right? 
    Maybe they should try getting second jobs.