Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Gascoigne on Saturday?

I live in Brighton and know several people associated with the Albion. There are some interesting rumours buzzing around that Paul Gascoigne might be playing in the Legends game prior to next Saturday's friendly. Nothing can be confirmed yet, and obviously there are a lot of factors (particularly his condition/state of mind) at play, but the belief is that if the rumours are true and he does sign up, the announcement will cause enough local and media interest that the game will sell out. If not, it looks like being a crowd of 5-6,000 (about two-thirds capacity). I understand that at this stage if we sell out our 900 allocation, we can have an extra 300 seats elsewhere in the ground. This probably won't be the case if Gazza plays because of the anticipated extra local demand.

Comments

• Options
    thats great would love to see him

Legend

Lets hope i can drag myself out the pub
  • Options
    No chance fella. when gazza hears we are down there onit he will come out for a beer with us mate.
  • Options
    'Legends' Dave Beasant, Neville Southall and Steve Foster already confirmed for the pre-match at 13.45 - don't think I'm gonna make that one somehow
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]'Legends' Dave Beasant, Neville Southall and Steve Foster already confirmed for the pre-match at 13.45 - don't think I'm gonna make that one somehow[/quote]

Eight players still to be announced. I'm expecting John Robinson to be one of them (he played in the same match last year) and possibly Garry Nelson.
  • Options
    Robbo and Nelse makes it more interesting ... but so is the pub especially if the weather is good ;-)
  • Options
    Poor bloke is having an absolute meltdown on twitter at the moment. Very worrying
  • Options
    Never bother with Twitter but just had a read!!!!!
  • Options
    Crikey, he needs to get away from twitter asp.
  • Options
    His spelling and grammar are dreadful. It's like reading another language.
  • Options
    For those not on twitter, what's he raving about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wow that's getting heavy
  • Options
    From what I can understand, a woman who works at the post office (Mandy) has helped a journalist (Andy) hack his phone/spy on him/etc.

Paul is particularly displeased, because he felt Mandy was a friend, and he considers it disloyal that Mandy is also sleeping with Andy.

One tweet says:
    "She even took my food I cooked her"

Most of them say:
    "Mandy my friend has stitched me up she has giving information to andy what a cow she works in the poets office in Bournemouth what a cow"
  • Options
    That reminds me, I need some stamps.

All very sad really :-(
  • Options
    Sad case is Paul Gascoigne
  • Options

From what I can understand, a woman who works at the post office (Mandy) has helped a journalist (Andy) hack his phone/spy on him/etc.

Paul is particularly displeased, because he felt Mandy was a friend, and he considers it disloyal that Mandy is also sleeping with Andy.

One tweet says:

Most of them say:
    "Mandy my friend has stitched me up she has giving information to andy what a cow she works in the poets office in Bournemouth what a cow"

Mandy is with Andy
    And She works in the POETS office.
    Gazza, you should have stayed with Shazza
    and it's obvious of course, you need to stay off the sauce.
  • Options
    Is this even him though? Not been verified as him , could be anyone
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

It's definately him
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

If it's not him, then it's someone who is bloody committed - there must have been about 100 tweets in the last 24 hours on Mandy & Andy.

If anyone used to listen to the Adam & Joe Show on 6Music, it reminded me of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkClHRNcJe8
  • Options
    At first I found some of the tweets amusing, but as it went on and got heavier it became very uncomfortable reading. Clear to see that whatever has happened here has really traumatised him.

At one point he even posted this Andy fella's number!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Clear to see that whatever has happened here has really traumatised him.

I would say the ale doesn't help
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015

Reckon Gazza is up for `Tweet Of The Year' with that beauty. What did he expect her to do? Keep it as an ornament?

Mind you, we shouldn't be that surprised by all this. Chronic Alcoholic + Thick as plank Geordie + Keyboard....was never gonna look good was it :anguished:
  • Options
    Played for Rangers in a legends match today.

Better finish than a number of Charlton players

• Options
    Legend 
  • Options
    Thats really sad to see actually...
    I see it from the other point of view personally.

He is back on a football pitch, enjoying himself, look how much joy is in his face after he scores and everyone even the other team are celebrating with him, I bet 5 years ago he could never have imagined that happening again
    Yeah that part I agree with... He's an example of someone who really hasn't been able to step away from Football and has suffered as a result. So its good to see him back doing what he loves.

The "shot" for the goal though, just shows how his life has taken a toll on him, and is a shadow of his former self.
  • Options
    Thats really sad to see actually...
    I totally disagree. It's fantastic to see him loving life again. 
  • Options
    The fella was an amazing player just imagine what he would be worth today ? His talent along with his obvious frailties lead people to love the bloke I would find it hard to believe that even opposition players didnt watch in awe and appreciation of his game when he was on song
  • Options
    Remember him coming on as a sub for Newcastle against us at Selhurst at the start of his career.