Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gazza

Comments

• I’m just bored of the bloke tbh, we all have our demons I know 1st Hand as my dad had a major addiction, and ended 1 way not dead but I have seen him twice in 15 years and that’s been at the funerals of his parents, he’s living out his day on benefits and wheelchair bound most days. 
  • Did he cover himself in faeces and vomit?
  • he is trouble now for singing fuck the pope and the ira out in a rangers supporters bar in benidorm. 

whilst i loved every time he donned the 3 lions the bloke is turning into a bit of an embarassment

replace the word pope for allah and there would be calls for his head. 
    Somebody who Mrs Otto knows was at a charity golf night in Alicante last night - Gazza was there and didn’t cover himself in glory there either. 
    If there is anything more dispiriting than golf, it must be 'charity golf'.
  • FFS, every time I come on a Gazza thread, I'm half expecting it to be a RIP one :(
  • edited June 2019
    palarsehater said:
    I’m just bored of the bloke tbh, we all have our demons I know 1st Hand as my dad had a major addiction, and ended 1 way not dead but I have seen him twice in 15 years and that’s been at the funerals of his parents, he’s living out his day on benefits and wheelchair bound most days. 

Did he cover himself in faeces and vomit?
    I can only hope you're not asking this in relation to the post that was above it about @palarsehater's own father struggling with substance abuse and the related Mental Health issues and apparent family breakdown.
    Sometimes that quote before you post is invaluable to reduce confusion.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    palarsehater said:
    I’m just bored of the bloke tbh, we all have our demons I know 1st Hand as my dad had a major addiction, and ended 1 way not dead but I have seen him twice in 15 years and that’s been at the funerals of his parents, he’s living out his day on benefits and wheelchair bound most days. 

I can only hope you're not asking this in relation to the post that was above it about @palarsehater's own father struggling with substance abuse and the related Mental Health issues and apparent family breakdown.
    Of course I wasn't.

I'd have thought the repeat use of "cover himself" in my post would have made that obvious?
  • Fuck him, attention seeking, wife beating shit cunt
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    palarsehater said:

Of course I wasn't.

I'd have thought the repeat use of "cover himself" in my post would have made that obvious?
    Dazzler21, loves to stir the shit.
  • whilst i have no trouble what so ever abusing the muderous cnuts which were the ira, the pope line i take slight offence at 

If you find that offensive don't go down to Lewes in early November. I was at a bonfire night around there 6 or 7 years ago where they dressed a man up as the pope, put him on a plinth, chanted 'what do we do with the Pope, burn him' and then the crowd of several hundred threw firecrackers at him. Personally I thought it was great. 
    Well that’s just moronic and as I said if that was an effigy of any other religious person would be uproar, a comic book and a terrorist attack spring to mind.

the en mass chanting of fuck the pope by pissed up northerners at England games does get a little tedious. 
    Absolutely no different than saying 'fuck the queen', which is said by many.
  • Gazza keeps making poor choices - it's up to him to change. 
  • whilst i have no trouble what so ever abusing the muderous cnuts which were the ira, the pope line i take slight offence at 

If you find that offensive don't go down to Lewes in early November. I was at a bonfire night around there 6 or 7 years ago where they dressed a man up as the pope, put him on a plinth, chanted 'what do we do with the Pope, burn him' and then the crowd of several hundred threw firecrackers at him. Personally I thought it was great. 
    Well that’s just moronic and as I said if that was an effigy of any other religious person would be uproar, a comic book and a terrorist attack spring to mind.

the en mass chanting of fuck the pope by pissed up northerners at England games does get a little tedious. 
    Absolutely no different than saying 'fuck the queen', which is said by many.
    Of course and that’s just as stupid but the faux outrage on both sides is ridiculous. 
  • Gazza keeps making poor choices - it's up to him to change. 
    That’s not gonna happen.
  • Controversy time.  Always felt he was a tad overrated.  Never did a great deal after Spurs and Italia 90.  Brilliantly skillfull but not a real rolls royce like say, Pirlo or Zidane who were like a whole team in one player.  I felt David Platt did more for England, so was always more about the person than the footballer
    Coming to this late, and might be feeding a troll, but before his injury he was an unbelievable footballer. Was never the same afterwards but still the best of his generation.

First time I saw him live was at Selhurst for Spurs the season he'd moved from the Geordies. He was only a kid but ran the game from start to finish, was quick, strong and unbelievably skilful. We didn't get close to him in 90 minutes. 

That injury robbed him of being remembered with the very greatest, but struggle to think of a more naturally talented Englishman, Marsh, Hoddle and Le Tiss notwithstanding. 

That and Italia 90 is why people care about the mess he constantly finds himself in and give him as much slack as can be mustered. 

As an aside, he was mentioned on BBC Breakfast by a guy who recently made a documentary on racism in our 20th century history. He went to school with Gazza, was beaten up by some guys because of the colour of his skin but said Gazza who was the year above and one of the harder kids picked him up and put him back together again. Said much could be said about Gazza, but there wasn't a racist bone in the guys body, and he was just a top genuine  guy. 

• I’m reliably informed that Gazza is back on @Twitter... well, it’s come from the man himself, so probably not that reliable. Anyway follow @PaulGascoigne19 and give him some Twitter love. 😭👀

Personally not sure if twitter is the best place for someone with his problems, yes he can get alot of love, but he could also get alot of hate that could tip him over the edge
  • Sponsored links:

• Why would he go on Twitter....recipe for disaster if you ask me.
    Poor old Gaza, such a sad case.
  • A vulnerable celelbrity with well publicised addictions is opening himself up to random strangers. Not a great idea. 
  • edited August 2019
    Why would he go on Twitter....recipe for disaster if you ask me.
    What’s the Palestine/Israel conflict got to do with it? 🤔
  • Makes enough of a fool of himself in person anyway.  Maybe he should do charity work or something worthwhile, we're all a little tired of his personal grief, everyone has their problems, just get on with it
  • With the best will in the world, Gazza ain't put himself on twatter has he?  He ain't got the facility.  Poor sod has been beset by loathsome parasites ever since his frailties became known.  A lovely bloke with demons and addiction issues cynically leached on by a never ending succession of scum, freeloaders and crooks.  All the while they think he's got an income, or they can wheel him out as some bleak freak show, the vultures will circle.  Every gloating pondlife shitweasel that's ever circulated video of a sick sick man in the grip of his illness, every tabloid ponse masquerading as a journalist who has earned their 30 pieces of silver wailing in mock alarm at his "tragic behaviour  blah blah" while laughing up their sleeves; they're all responsible for his state.  Hypocrites and arseholes to a man.  Everybody is ultimately responsible for their own actions, in the grip of mental illness or otherwise.  Gazza's ill, what excuse does any of those other twunts have?
    I was at Wembley in 1996 and that goal is etched in my memory as the closest thing to genius I've witnessed on a football pitch.  I'd be happy never to hear another thing about Paul Gascoigne, my heart sinks every time I see his name in some headline or when this thread floats back up to page 1 on the forum.  Leave him alone.
    He was pretty prolific in Twitter previously and I’m fairly certain that he was responsible for the content. 
    Likewise with Kenny Sansom.

The best English left back in my lifetime and a life ruined by drink and gambling.

Often I have seen him in Bromley,  the last time was at 5.45 by the Tesco Express waiting for it to open.  He was a mess.

Like Gascoigne, very sad.

The best English left back in my lifetime and a life ruined by drink and gambling.

Often I have seen him in Bromley,  the last time was at 5.45 by the Tesco Express waiting for it to open.  He was a mess.

That's compared to, like, earthquakes in the Far East or testicular cancer?

That's compared to, like, earthquakes in the Far East or testicular cancer?

I was not comparing it to anything.