Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Business critical question - need help before 5.20pm if possible please

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Addicted said:

Updates required cobbles

Cobbles ffs - no respect, no respect I tell you

In today. No smell as of yet. Seems to be all okay at the moment. There was an awkward moment when it was just both of us in the room, but that should get easier as time passes
    try turning out the light and perhaps some soft music.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Addicted said:

Updates required cobbles

There was an awkward moment when it was just both of us in the room, but that should get easier as time passes
    Reminds me of the awkwardness between Bryn and Jason in Gavin & Stacey after that fishing trip
  • Options
    Well, let's face it, Katrien never have him the time of day.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Well, let's face it, Katrien never have him the time of day.

glad to see you've woken up and logged on
  • Options
    Did you buy stinko a deodorant or has he taken that step himself?

• Options

If you can keep us in the loop with regards to any new developments @cabbles that would be fantastic.

These office soap operas are what keeps me going through the day. Mrs Robin has had an ongoing saga in her place. The MD called the head of social a 'backwards see you next Tuesday', she left with immediate effect, and the following day 4/5 of her team handed in their notice, and are essentially refusing to do any work.

Very good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Addicted said:

Updates required cobbles

In today. No smell as of yet. Seems to be all okay at the moment. There was an awkward moment when it was just both of us in the room, but that should get easier as time passes
    Why was it awkward?
    Did you let one go?
    Or did one of you misread the signals and lean in for a kiss?

:blush:
  • Options

cabbles said:

Addicted said:

Updates required cobbles

There was an awkward moment when it was just both of us in the room, but that should get easier as time passes
    Reminds me of the awkwardness between Bryn and Jason in Gavin & Stacey after that fishing trip
    you think capples bummed him?
    It's the only way that couples can placate the stinky one. I think it was all a ploy to do what you suggested. Reverse psychology.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Addicted said:

Updates required cobbles

Particularly, if you stop saying "Good morning skunk boy" when he gets in.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

A manager I know had a more difficult task than just telling a guy he smells. He received a complaint from the office next door about one of his staff. Every lunch time he would close his door and eat his sandwiches, and then apparently knock one out.

Us other managers all agreed he had to address this directly. The poor sod could not even have a couple of pints first as it was fast approaching lunch time, so in he went and we supported him by sodding off down the pub.

Not surprisingly he soon joined us. He said he just walked in, sat down and said "I have received a complaint from the ladies in the building next door saying you have a wank every lunchtime and they find this offensive".

His reply left him speechless. "I am so sorry, this must have been difficult for you. Don't worry, I will ensure I pull my blind down in future".

He said his mind was buzzing with everything he should say, but he ended up just thanking him for his understanding and getting the hell out.

The next day at 12.30 we all bundled into the office next to his and gave the ladies a wave, after all, it had taken them several months to complain and you never know your luck!

Reminded me of an incident that Mrs cafcfan had to deal with. One day she had a call from in-house security explaining that a young man in her office had been flashing at the women in the building across the road.
    The plan was that a security guy would walk through the office with one of the complainants to ID the perp. Then the plod would be called to arrest him. Mrs cafcfan was asked to find an excuse to keep him at his desk until everyone else had gone home so that he could be arrested discreetly. It was getting later and later and she was running out of plausible jobs she could give him. But eventually plod pitched up and nicked him.
    It is to the credit of Mrs cafcfan's employer that following his conviction and suspended sentence, they did a lot to support him (as did the people he worked with) and even paid for sessions with a top-notch shrink. But he left anyway after a while.
  • Options
    How did I miss this at the time?

Cabbles, you have beer taps in your office?!

• Options

How did I miss this at the time?

Cabbles, you have beer taps in your office?!

Yes, and you get a response for not misappropriating my username

WeWork building - it's part of their new world of work type culture
  • Options
    I'm jealous.
  • Options
    So am I.

Back in the day, everyone went for a beer at lunch time and several on a Friday. Drinking now banned and being drunk on official premises is gross misconduct and could lead to dismissal.

Christmas parties banned as could offend non Christian staff. Drink not allowed on official premises.

It is like KM is in charge!
  • Options
    Ah, beers at lunchtime....

I remember working for a company that made heavy duty electrical cables for underwater and tune lines and so on.

One of the guys had 4 pints on a Friday lunch and misspelt the name of the client that was then printed all the way down several miles of cable.

Disappointing that the top layer of insulation then had to be stripped off at massive cost and a new layer with the correct name applied.

Even 10 years ago a couple of pints at lunch was the norm.

Now, if I go out for lunch with colleagues they all want to drink water.

I'd rather go to the pub on me own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ah, beers at lunchtime....

I remember working for a company that made heavy duty electrical cables for underwater and tune lines and so on.

One of the guys had 4 pints on a Friday lunch and misspelt the name of the client that was then printed all the way down several miles of cable.

Disappointing that the top layer of insulation then had to be stripped off at massive cost and a new layer with the correct name applied.

Even 10 years ago a couple of pints at lunch was the norm.

Now, if I go out for lunch with colleagues they all want to drink water.

I'd rather go to the pub on me own.

I've only ever worked in one place where drinking at lunch was acceptable, and it was only acceptable in our team as we had no oversight from anyone apart from me.

It was always good when there was nothing to do and we were able to write an afternoon off in the boozer, keeping an eye on emails on the phone.

Sadly, I've since worked in a few offices with fully stocked beer fridges and never been able to find the right mixture of people again.
  • Options
    You must be a lot younger than me.

I had a number of years at PwC where drinking during the week was less good but on a Friday, a few of us who had worked well late during the week held the fort down the pub from around 12 until moving on and staying out until 3/4.

The worst I recall was me and a kiwi mate having four bottles of wine each before 6 and the going out after. I was single at the time.

We only knew how much we had drink by the settling up receipt.

Happy days.
  • Options
    In the days of lunchtime drinks finishing at 2.30 I had a temp job for a prestigious cosmetics firm in Mayfair. Once or twice a month on a Friday I was sent to their outpost in Stratford to help with credit control. At lunch we half dozen trooped down the pub and at 2.30 the blinds were lowered. Lock-in! Funnily the bosses secretary (whom he was shagging) often found excuses to visit Stratford on a Friday. Great days.
  • Options
    Where an earth are you guys working? I've never had any trouble finding a compatriot to go to the pub with me for a couple of hours at lunchtime.
  • Options
    At NatWest we had a staff pub and staff wine bar in Old Broad Street.

Pubs had to close between 3pm-5.30 pm in those days though.
  • Options
    I've grown up working in sales. lunchtime drinking was the least of it in some places
  • Options
    Interesting one this, I used to work in a US owned publishers where this issue caused murders.

The office was split between Brits and Yanks and the mentality was so different.

The Brits would just work hard during the week days, take a brief lunch break but not fuck about on 'coffee runs' or have lengthy chats about 'Friends' (this was mid 90s).

The Americans were always popping out for coffee, smoking breaks, long lunches and wasting time with voluble bullshit conversations about inane issues such as "feelings" etc.

But then there was Fridays.

On Fridays my English boss had a rule, get in early (8am), work your balls off until 1pm and then fuck off to the Moon and Sixpence on Wardour Street - and don't come back to the office until you can't remember your own name.

It created a great culture amongst the group.....except the Americans hated it.

The looks that they used to give us when we returned 8-9 pints later and utterly fucked were superb, we used to wind them up even further by saying, "Yeah, just come back to pick up our stuff and then we are heading back over there, want to join us?"

Of course, none of the strait-laced, pseudo intellectual Yanks wanted anything to do with us - and to be fair we hated them as well.

The funniest thing was my mate Dom, he'd been to a really posh public school and his girlfriend, Adele, was an absolute stunner, but was a right stuck up snooty cow, and used to come and meet him on Friday nights after work.

The look of utter disdain on her face when she would see the state we had got her beloved into, poor Dom would often be slumped in the corner fast asleep dribbling down himself, was beyond priceless.

She would literally have to wake him up and help him across the pub whilst Dom drooled on her £2,000 Armani coat and she'd have to throw him into the Taxi and give him an ear bashing. Gold.

So, yes indeed, Friday lunchtime drinking is one of the best ideas ever.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    So it's been three weeks now since this begun, and I was wondering if there has been any fallout from this.

Is the culprit still a smelly unbearable mess? Or has he cleaned up his act?
  • Options

So it's been three weeks now since this begun, and I was wondering if there has been any fallout from this.

Is the culprit still a smelly unbearable mess? Or has he cleaned up his act?

Cabbles is devastated because Katrien is going out with the other bloke

or not.