Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Business critical question - need help before 5.20pm if possible please

Comments

• Options

Can't get the thought out my head of having to wash my hair because someone's farts in the office are so bad!!!

Katrien has to do it after she meets up with Roland. Of course she has got her head up is arse.
  • Options
    Come on Cables (other 'b' pending), it's a Friday - the perfect day to drop the "you stink" bombshell and scuttle off into the weekend.

CL needs this, your colleagues need this...
  • Options

I bet the bloke was proper baffled last night on the train home.

Was asked to stay late by my Manager ... Yet all he did was give me a free pint of beer ... I hope he doesnt think I'm gay

It might convince him to stop using the Organic Tibetan Yakshit conditioner he bought at the Body Shop.
  • Options
    So basically it seems like the girl who had an issue with it was causing trouble and he doesnt smell in the slightest?

If thats the case it sounds like it was a relief that you didnt speak with him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I think you should just get him in your office on your own and say:

"We all think you're a great bloke, we really like you and we want to keep you. But we're honest about things here, because we're a team and to be honest with you, mate, you stink a bit. Can't dance round it, like I say, that's how we roll here. Sort out the body odour, and everything's fine here and no more to be said. Have a good weekend. See you Monday."

I would just be nicely blunt. The man needs to know.

Ha ha just realised I have come a bit late to this one :smiley:
    Cabbies - well done on the bottling, and leaving it to the MD top decision! :smile:
    He gets paid to tell people they have an olfactory irritation issue :wink:
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

@Lookout, as punishment, could you change his username to @Cables?

Please happen.
  • Options
    Genuinely appalled at the outcome. Shame. I hope your desk gets moved next to him cabbles.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    cabbles said:

Update - my sense of smell is such that although I could catch a whiff of it earlier in the week, it didn't seem that bad yesterday, but I was told it was.

Anyway, I handed it back to my MD telling him I'd bottled it. I even told him I sought advice on here.

Today according to the girl who really had an issue with it, he doesn't smell. Hopefully that's the last of it now and although I may have come across as a 'weak man' on here for not dealing with it (there were even calls from some members to ban me, GIFs ridiculing me), I'm glad I didn't have to do it.

Thanks once again to Mehmet - I was all set to lead with his advice, but the cowardice set in

No one won here - there were only losers

Get the stinker and the girl who had the issue in a room. Tell stinker that the girl had complained about his stench and he needs to sort himself out. stinker will know he pongs and the girl will never come to you with any issues again.

On the down side, the MD will probably not be too pleased with that type of action, but at least he won't think he employs a big girls blouse.

• Options

cabbles said:

Update - my sense of smell is such that although I could catch a whiff of it earlier in the week, it didn't seem that bad yesterday, but I was told it was.

Anyway, I handed it back to my MD telling him I'd bottled it. I even told him I sought advice on here.

Today according to the girl who really had an issue with it, he doesn't smell. Hopefully that's the last of it now and although I may have come across as a 'weak man' on here for not dealing with it (there were even calls from some members to ban me, GIFs ridiculing me), I'm glad I didn't have to do it.

Thanks once again to Mehmet - I was all set to lead with his advice, but the cowardice set in

No one won here - there were only losers

Get the stinker and the girl who had the issue in a room. Tell stinker that the girl had complained about his stench and he needs to sort himself out. stinker will know he pongs and the girl will never come to you with any issues again.

In the down side the MD will probably not be too pleased with that type of action, but at least he won't thing he employs a big girls blouse.

Seriously (yes I can do serious) I didn't envy you at all when reading your original post. Can't be a nice situation for you. Can see why you swerved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Cowardly/weak management is a big issue in this country nowadays.

More commonly known as 'Man or Mouse Syndrome'.

• Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    mate this is the future in your office if there are a few ladies working there

" hey he didnt tell Stinky he pongs !! he bottled it "

"Ok ill do it"

2 nano seconds later said lady walks up to the guy

" oii stinky here is a bar of soap and a flannel--use it or fuck off"

and you will now be forever known as the Bollockless Wonder
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    cabbles said:

I'm not gonna lie - I've bottled it.

Thanks for your advice but I've choked on this

No If's No Buts,,,,,,,get it done tonight. I even have a work colleague gripped by this. Mainly because he's the the guy I get to tell smelly people they smell and he clearly wants advice for the next time it happens.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for giving me a lot of laughs... I have been lol'ing all the way through this.

Brilliant work.
  • Options

Addicted said:

Genuinely appalled at the outcome. Shame. I hope your desk gets moved next to him cabbles.

I hope that they have to share a room when they go on the company away weekend.
    or......he has a big knob & gave her a good seeing to last night after she confronted him herself seeing as cables bottled it
  • Options

Can't get the thought out my head of having to wash my hair because someone's farts in the office are so bad!!!

I let rip in school once smell was that bad even the teacher was hanging out the window for fresh air
  • Options
    Seeing as you took the first bit of my advice, have you got the clothes pegs too?
    LuckyReds said:

Fuck it, just chicken out and bring some clothes pegs in tomorrow.

• Options
    Also...

When you poured him a beer and waited for everyone to leave, does this mean that rather than actually tell him, you in fact had an awkward - if rather smelly - romantic post-work pint in an empty office?