Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Business critical question - need help before 5.20pm if possible please

Comments

• Options
    Scratch that, two down, one to go

@Carter
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I'm not gonna lie - I've bottled it.

Thanks for your advice but I've choked on this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I've had to deal with this a couple of times, the first I called the bloke in and said so & so said you smell.

The second time I asked the bloke what time he gets in work, he answered was about 15 minutes before I'm due to start work. I replied come in 5 minutes before you are due to start work and spent the 10 minutes in the shower.
  • Options

Scratch that, two down, one to go

@Carter

Not much creative going on in my mind today mate

There is one of my peer group who is well crabby, if he's in the pub tomorrow, in this weather, I'll avoid him and if he gets in close I'll always tell him to get upwind of me. He sheepishly aknowledges it's bathtime and it's not too awkward.

Now I've just remembered the time the pub had a guy working and as he served me I remarked on the state of the air quality. This new dude just said 'yeah that's probably me, I get a fungal discharge in my sweat glands'.

Both me and the landlord spat our drinks out. If he was registered on this site he'd probably have a comment in the sacking thread about his short lived career as a barman
  • Options
    What?

:wink:
  • Options
    If it's the fella I had to lose recently he knows he has a personal hygiene problem because I had to tell him.

Good luck with the beer on tap he is an alcoholic and works when he feels like it, this is a better incentive than I can offer.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Reading this thread from the beginning until cabbles admitting he's a bottler like

I bottled it. I couldn't do it. The guy doesn't have much about him socially. New to the company. A real shitter - handed it back to my MD

I deserve all my ridicule
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Fiiish said:

Reading this thread from the beginning until cabbles admitting he's a bottler like

I bottled it. I couldn't do it. The guy doesn't have much about him socially. New to the company. A real shitter - handed it back to my MD

I deserve all my ridicule
    To be fair it is a shitter, don't think anyone on this thread envies you or would offer to take your place.

Constantly bad BO is usually either down to poor self-esteem/mental health, having no social life or a medical issue so either way you're probably going to look completely insensitive even when that's not your intent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cables is it the Gooch smell or is it the arm pit smell

We have one whose Gooch kicks up a proper dirty bomb

We all just say to him.you fucking stink sort that shit out tomorrow or walk behind the van
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Are you going to sort it tomorrow or taking the day off ?
  • Options

Cables is it the Gooch smell or is it the arm pit smell

We have one whose Gooch kicks up a proper dirty bomb

We all just say to him.you fucking stink sort that shit out tomorrow or walk behind the van

Good job you're not a firm of funeral directors then mate :wink: .
  • Options
    So, who's going to tell Roland about his yellow teeth?
  • Options

cabbles said:

Are you going to sort it tomorrow or taking the day off ?
    Task teflonned. MD can handle this, no sweat.
  • Options
    I work with a bloke who has really bad breath.

By and large, the rest of thr guys are not particularly PC or sympathetic to the needs/feelings of others.

He is now known as "Shit Breath".
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I work with a bloke who has really bad breath.

By and large, the rest of thr guys are not particularly PC or sympathetic to the needs/feelings of others.

He is now known as "Shit Breath".

Do you work for the Labour Party?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be the heat wave were having
    Winters coming soon
  • Options
    Shame on you for bottling it after getting all this great advice.

Seriously, go for it. Difficult I know but I have had this conversion with a colleague. He was shocked but it sorted the problem.
  • Options
    Hadn't been on CL much in the last week. This thread just reminded me why I spend some much time on here..
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Just read this thread from the very start and got to this bit. I've got to say, that's absolutely done me. I'm actually crying with laughter.

Brilliant thread!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Missed this thread initially due to time differences.

I once had to tell one of my staff that we'd had complaints about his bad breath and it was disgusting. I went to my HR department and they told me not to beat about the bush, just call him into my ofice and tell him. The aroma of halitosis hit me as soon as he came in and sat down and I was just straight with him and tokd him he needs to visit the dentist and get it sorted out. He was fine about it, and I surprised myself with my bluntness.

This put me in good stead when I had to eject a smelly guest from our dorm here in Phuket. We had loads of complaints from fellow backpackers, so I just told him outright: "Chris, I've had so many complaints about your B.O. that I think it's better that you leave. I won't charge you for last night." He packed his rucksack and was out within minutes, making me wonder whether this was his way of wangling free accommodation across Asia