Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letters From Club - Agreed Behavioural Contracts ????

Comments

• Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I know I'll be in the minority here but I don't think the club have done that much wrong here.

And for those banging on about free speech, you may want to brush up on that definition before you throw it about in regards to this instance.

Why?
    Why what? Elaborate please Stu.
    Why would anyone need to brush up on their definition of free speech? Have you read Art. 10 of The Human Rights Act?
    I am aware of it but I'm also aware of this caveat that we have incorporated as a part of it

"including threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior intending or likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace"

If he has been using foul and abusive language towards people at the club (both online and at the ground) then I have little sympathy. Yes, the club could have handled this better but if you are going to be abusive 1. that's no way to try and protest and 2. you have to suffer any sort of repercussions that come along with it.
    Yet it appears the tweets in question do not fall within that scope, according to TalkSport, who have vetted the tweets.
    Do we know exactly what they were? I'd rather rely on someone other than talksport for accuracy.
    Try the Guardian then.
    "The comments made by the fan, on social media and captured on camera at the Valley, contained profanities but are not thought to be defamatory in nature, and indeed the club have not claimed as such."

So in other words they don't know for sure but are going on what he has told them.

Like I said I know my view won't be popular here and I don't want to get into petty online arguments with others. There's lots of reasons to criticise the club and ownership but in my opinion this one isn't that bad.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I know I'll be in the minority here but I don't think the club have done that much wrong here.

And for those banging on about free speech, you may want to brush up on that definition before you throw it about in regards to this instance.

Why?
    Why would anyone need to brush up on their definition of free speech? Have you read Art. 10 of The Human Rights Act?
    I am aware of it but I'm also aware of this caveat that we have incorporated as a part of it

"including threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior intending or likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace"

If he has been using foul and abusive language towards people at the club (both online and at the ground) then I have little sympathy. Yes, the club could have handled this better but if you are going to be abusive 1. that's no way to try and protest and 2. you have to suffer any sort of repercussions that come along with it.
    Yet it appears the tweets in question do not fall within that scope, according to TalkSport, who have vetted the tweets.
    Do we know exactly what they were? I'd rather rely on someone other than talksport for accuracy.
    Try the Guardian then.
    "The comments made by the fan, on social media and captured on camera at the Valley, contained profanities but are not thought to be defamatory in nature, and indeed the club have not claimed as such."

So in other words they don't know for sure but are going on what he has told them.

Like I said I know my view won't be popular here and I don't want to get into petty online arguments with others. There's lots of reasons to criticise the club and ownership but in my opinion this one isn't that bad.
    If the words used fell under the remit of a criminal offence I'm sure the club would have involved the Police.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?

Try the Guardian then.

If the words used fell under the remit of a criminal offence I'm sure the club would have involved the Police.
    Or launched one of Daisy's much feared internal investigations
  • Options
    mogodon said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?

Try the Guardian then.

With or without glove?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

mogodon said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?

Try the Guardian then.

With or without glove?
    Don't forget to cough....
  • Options

once again, the BBC relies on the club's take
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37058470

OK, leads with the club's side, but overall pretty balanced, including quotes from @davo55.

• Options
    robroy said:

This one made me laugh

That's the half time entertainment sorted for the season.

Please nominate a fan to be executed.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?

Wait - are we allowing football clubs to decide what constitutes "harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace" and dishing out justice now ? Silly me, I thought that was a matter for the Police and courts.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    . not bothering.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?

Wait are we allowing football clubs to decide what constitutes "harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace" and dishing out justice now ? Silly me, I thought that was a matter for the Police and courts.
    Players are an exception though because as we all know they never swear or abuse anyone.
  • Options
    Brings a new meaning to the term 'derogeratory,'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?

Try the Guardian then.

Perhaps they didn't want to go down that route and just wanted an amicable resolution to the matter.
    se9addick said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Why?

Wait - are we allowing football clubs to decide what constitutes "harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace" and dishing out justice now ? Silly me, I thought that was a matter for the Police and courts.
    No, you are twisting my comments. All I was referring to was those in here crying about freedom of speech. Well yes we do have freedom of speech in this country but there is a limit to that freedom.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

. not bothering.

Go on you know you want to

I can't wait to return to the valley in a month or so I am going to revoke my self imposed ban, and make it my sole goal to find Tony cahone on match day and see how big his cahones let's pick them off one by one,

Not going to be a pretty sight...

Tony up close that is..

• Options
    edited August 2016

LuckyReds said:

. not bothering.

Go on you know you want to

I can't wait to return to the valley in a month or so I am going to revoke my self imposed ban, and make it my sole goal to find Tony cahone on match day and see how big his cahones let's pick them off one by one,
    Where's the fun in that?

Unless I'm very much mistaken, he's unlikely to have more than two, and once you've found and picked off one, repeating the trick with the other will hardly present much of a challenge...
  • Options
    I only wish the lad had turned round and told them to stick the ST up their arse.
  • Options
    Because when we have muzzas peanuts as well

We can force feed the despicable one like human centipede
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Song for the protest tomorrow to the tune of sing when you're winning:

'We're only here for our contracts.'
  • Options
    If only Mandy-Rice Davies was still here, she could've claimed the Club had been misinterpretated.