Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slade getting narky in post match interview

12346»

Comments

• Not watched the video but just listened to the audio and it's a total non story, neither party does anything wrong at all. Questions were fine and Slade answered them pretty honestly to be fair

The knives are out. Believe me he will do nothing right. When ( and if ) he starts winning this will all be a non story. Until then everything he does and says will be analysed. Personally, I don't think we should have ever considered a bald bloke.
  • Valley11 said:

As a journalist myself I have to say @LouisMend asked exactly the right question about transfers. If anything, he could and maybe should have asked the same question post Bury.

As a former, failed journalist, I can say that if I'd been in the interview I'd have gone for the jugular in asking about tactics and style of play like they do in Italian and German press conferences.
  • Perfectly reasonable questioning and not that bad a response, although it is part of his job to answer questions from the press
  • Wow. Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy!
  • Cut Slade some slack everyone. Let's see what happens on Saturday and at least give the guy at least 5 games before judging the guy too harshly. I am an optimist (i.e. someone who knows how shit stuff is but can still see a way through) and Slade is too. He is not the problem.
  • A lot of high horses and thin skins around it seems. So 'The nasty' Russell showed some temperament. Goodness knows how much noise there would be should a player bite back for once....OH!
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Louis you did a good job please continue the good work
  • Cut Slade some slack everyone. Let's see what happens on Saturday and at least give the guy at least 5 games before judging the guy too harshly. I am an optimist (i.e. someone who knows how shit stuff is but can still see a way through) and Slade is too. He is not the problem.

With you on this. Here we have a recently-appointed manager, finding his feet in a hot kitchen, overseeing a partly-assembled squad that is getting to know each other. Meanwhile, negotiations about Ins and Outs are on-going. These are tough times for Charlton fans. I've said before, and say again now that our collective ire should be directed at the owner.

With you on this. Here we have a recently-appointed manager, finding his feet in a hot kitchen, overseeing a partly-assembled squad that is getting to know each other. Meanwhile, negotiations about Ins and Outs are on-going. These are tough times for Charlton fans. I've said before, and say again now that our collective ire should be directed at the owner.
    Is he a manager or a bloody chef?!
  • Rob said:

I don't think he sounded too bad. I read this thread first and was expecting far worse. Yes, he appeared a bit frustrated with some of the questions but that is understandable when you're trying to put a positive spin on things. He said it's a 'process' and about 'stability' and it really is. The last thing we need now is more change.

I don't know where our club is going but the constant fan negativity (yes, Louis is a fan) will not help the team on the pitch. I'm sure he senses that and it was probably the reason for some of his 'snappy' responses. He knows what is going on in the dressing room and how it affects his players. It's his job to keep them positive.

There's a fine line between protesting to get the regime out and doing it in such a way that it doesn't affect the players on the pitch. And that's the difficult bit.

Totally agree. Judging by the comments on this thread, I was expecting something utterly shocking!!
  • Just watched it and it made it worse :( what a knob!!!

Well done @LouisMend keep asking the difficult questions mate
  • I think we can all agree that Slade gave an answer that may charactise him, within the context of that incident, as "a bit of a twat".

If I may play devil's advocate, Louis asking "you must be disappointed not to have won yet" (or words to that effect; I paraphrase) might have been a question Slade found annoying and a bit stupid. (Sorry Louis man but I certainly did, the answer is "yes" to that question every time!)

Hopefully he can redeem himself. I'm still largely ambivalent toward Slade, but mainly because I'm feeling less and less connected to the club.

I'm going to play cricket on Saturday. It's a local derby. (@Leuth will I see you there?) Far more interesting. I may also have a yoghurt for breakfast. Greek. With honey. Exotic.
  • I can confirm that PaddyP17 will not be reprising his fielding efforts from earlier in the season as I bludgeon my way to a quickfire 23 off 70 balls
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

I can confirm that PaddyP17 will not be reprising his fielding efforts from earlier in the season as I bludgeon my way to a quickfire 23 off 70 balls

Career best 24 off 24 overs for me two weeks ago, against the Roebucks no less.

Watch out SE12, we're coming for you.
  • PaddyP17 said:

If I may play devil's advocate, Louis asking "you must be disappointed not to have won yet" (or words to that effect; I paraphrase) might have been a question Slade found annoying and a bit stupid. (Sorry Louis man but I certainly did, the answer is "yes" to that question every time!)

Good point, but had the response been a polite - with no hint of sarcasm - "yes, of course, I am always disappointed when we lose" and left it at that then I suspect most listeners would have actually thought "what a daft question". As it was ...

• edited August 2016
  • AshBurton said:

Interesting times, putting it politely. It just gets worse every single day. Check the account in the morning @Curb_It

Checked @AshBurton ! Thank you very very much.
  • Welcome to FC Skoda Russell

https://youtu.be/2vc5812LlKE
  • Welcome to FC Skoda Russell

https://youtu.be/2vc5812LlKE

Wait - he's actually a knob isn't he?
  • Is he building a Rolls Royce then? Expect Simon Royce to be re-signed.

• He is trying to rebalance the general interview chakra in todays pre match.