Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slade getting narky in post match interview

Comments

• tricky said:

tricky said:

I've just seen the video on Player - it's even worse with a few other digs and snide remarks from Slade that were missed off the Audioboom audio. Really poor form.

What else he say mate?

A few stares from Russ to Louis, particularly around the patience and pessimism bits, an audible "tut" to Louis's mention of "at a premium".

In response to Louis's mention of the Roger Johnson incident, Slade's first comment was "ok, did you see it?" to Louis, when Louis responded with "not personally but I heard about it", RS said "oh you've heard".

When it goes to the next interviewer, who asks again about the young players' debuts, Slade immediately says "well, it's nice to talk about a bit of positivity".

Got the impression there was something personal there.
    Hmmm, not really on, but call it 1 strike and do the Charlton Life cliche and 'move on'? Got much more to worry about than our manager being a bit of a sarcastic knob after an embarrassing loss. I doubt Mr. Mendez has lost any sleep over it.
  • Roger Johnson has said that Slade has apologised to him for the alleged incident during last nights interview. Rojo said "I've had a f******g word with the bald c*** and told him you just gotta f*****g block it out and f*****g concentrate on being a gaffa ya Gru looking slag."

More to follow in Friday's SLP

brilliant vg !...many a true word spoken in jest
  • Slade: ''It will get better, we will improve''

Could it get much worse you clown?
  • LoOkOuT said:

Swisdom said:

It was pre meditated - I'm sure Louis mentioned he was going to do it on Charltonlive on Sunday.

He's an effing journalist. Premeditated questioning is literally the essence of his effing job!!!

I appreciate that - my comment was in response to the statement it wasn't designed to provoke a reaction - it clearly was. And it got one. But not one to justify some of the over reaction on here once again - and don't get me started on the Facebookers....

• LouisMend said:

Provoke a reaction?

I said that some deals have taken longer than you've hoped but it's not a problem is it?

Expecting an answer along the lines to explain that it isn't a problem and to reassure fans rather than take it out on me.

Look, nobody comes out of this looking great but I won't have you accusing me of trying to provoke a reaction.

Maybe provoke is a bit strong but, as has been said, your job is to ask the question and Russell answered it. Not perfectly but given the circumstances (defeat, crowd negativity etc) he's hardly going to be doing cartwheels whilst answering. You must have known that.

For me the bit that's gone pear shaped here is the fans reaction - it's being made out to be something more than it actually is.
  • Sponsored links:

• NugNug
    edited August 2016
    Swisdom said:

LouisMend said:

Provoke a reaction?

I said that some deals have taken longer than you've hoped but it's not a problem is it?

Expecting an answer along the lines to explain that it isn't a problem and to reassure fans rather than take it out on me.

Look, nobody comes out of this looking great but I won't have you accusing me of trying to provoke a reaction.

For me the bit that's gone pear shaped here is the fans reaction - it's being made out to be something more than it actually is.
    Yep, all the fans fault again! None of it is any of our business is it?
  • Nug said:

Swisdom said:

LouisMend said:

Provoke a reaction?

Yep, all the fans fault again! None of it is any of our business is it?
    You don't think this is being blown out of all proportion?
    LoOkOuT said:

@Swisdom Wouldn't the point of any question be to provoke a reaction??? I think you're being unfair in suggesting that Louis is attempting to provoke a negative reaction. I don't think there's anything in his tone or line of questioning that suggests that.

Frankly, I'm surprised you're bothering with all this when clearly you could be living it up this week in Rio! With your ability to bend, twist, flip, flop and contort on behalf of Roland's Regime, you'd have to be in with more than a chance at a gymnastics gold.

;-)

I'm actually one of those who started the season with some hope and expectation. One last chance and all that. But the lack of signings and 2 utter dogshit performances recently is eating away at that very rapidly.
  • LouisMend said:

Provoke a reaction?

Bloody Palace lot coming on here having a go.
  • tricky said:

A few stares from Russ to Louis, particularly around the patience and pessimism bits, an audible "tut" to Louis's mention of "at a premium".

In response to Louis's mention of the Roger Johnson incident, Slade's first comment was "ok, did you see it?" to Louis, when Louis responded with "not personally but I heard about it", RS said "oh you've heard".

When it goes to the next interviewer, who asks again about the young players' debuts, Slade immediately says "well, it's nice to talk about a bit of positivity".

Got the impression there was something personal there.

I can see why Slade did not do anything about Johnson's outburst. They are both from the 'piss inside your own tent' clan. Really smart, Russell, make an enemy of the journalist closest to the club. If nothing else (and as if not proved by you joining in the first place) it shows your judgment sucks.
  • Swisdom said:

I think this is being taken WAY out of proportion

He's probably pissed off with transfers taking longer than they should but he's been doing this a long time and knows it sometimes takes too long. He's just seen his team lose, again, to an "inferior" team - I suspect words may have been exchanged in the changing room. I dare say he's read some of the comments on forums or has at least been made aware of them. I also think the RoJo situation has embarrassed him but was probably blown a bit out of proportion. YES it was a stupid thing Johnson did but he's not the first and won't be the last to lose their rag with supporters.

Fans feelings are running higher than ever right now. The people who were in the "lets see how the season starts" camp are now angry. The expectation is rapidly becoming dread and EVERYTHING that is said from players, Slade, the Board is being scrutinised and dissected.

If we continue to pigeonhole Russel Slade as one of the regime we will lose the only person at the club capable of communicating with us.

His sarcastic comment is likely opening a wound he can't do anything about right now so he is rightfully pissed off. It was clearly a question that was there to provoke a reaction and when it comes we are up in arms about it.

Lol. Hilarious. Hardly a Paxman grilling, was it?

Friendly journalist asks reasonable question shocker.

And Swisdom leaps in to defend.......... Maybe we should sign him as a centre half?
  • Off_it said:

Swisdom said:

I think this is being taken WAY out of proportion

He's probably pissed off with transfers taking longer than they should but he's been doing this a long time and knows it sometimes takes too long. He's just seen his team lose, again, to an "inferior" team - I suspect words may have been exchanged in the changing room. I dare say he's read some of the comments on forums or has at least been made aware of them. I also think the RoJo situation has embarrassed him but was probably blown a bit out of proportion. YES it was a stupid thing Johnson did but he's not the first and won't be the last to lose their rag with supporters.

Fans feelings are running higher than ever right now. The people who were in the "lets see how the season starts" camp are now angry. The expectation is rapidly becoming dread and EVERYTHING that is said from players, Slade, the Board is being scrutinised and dissected.

If we continue to pigeonhole Russel Slade as one of the regime we will lose the only person at the club capable of communicating with us.

His sarcastic comment is likely opening a wound he can't do anything about right now so he is rightfully pissed off. It was clearly a question that was there to provoke a reaction and when it comes we are up in arms about it.

Lol. Hilarious. Hardly a Paxman grilling, was it?

Friendly journalist asks reasonable question shocker.

And Swisdom leaps in to defend.......... Maybe we should sign him as a centre half?
    Got a few likes so I'm clearly not the only one to think it's an overreaction

Maybe we should sign you as an attacker

• Even if we were to make a few signings, I couldn't give a shit anymore.

Charlton can fuck off as far as I am concerned.

I'm not being petulant or childish, I have just had enough. Yes, support through thick and thin and all that, but these vermin have taken it way below thin (not talking about Slade here).
  • Off_it said:

But not until he's finished work on the training ground.

Jesus this is getting tedious. What the fuck has that got to do with anything. Some fans get the arse with the gaffer and I don't agree with it so lets just bring up the fact that my company are working on the training ground. Fucking grow up
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Jesus this is getting tedious. What the fuck has that got to do with anything. Some fans get the arse with the gaffer and I don't agree with it so lets just bring up the fact that my company are working on the training ground. Fucking grow up
    Hope you don't use that kind of language when you're at work.
    Unless you're having a crafty tab with Roger at tea break :wink:
  • Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Definitely send you up for corners.
  • Fumbluff said:

Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Hope you don't use that kind of language when you're at work.
    Unless you're having a crafty tab with Roger at tea break :wink:
    I'm personally not working on it - I hide behind a desk and swear to my hearts content. (to be clear that's not code for "I sit here sucking Roland's dick and defending him" as some twat might like to insinuate)

• If not on top of all the shit the fans have had to deal with from the people running the club, then it would be an over the top reaction. But in context it's another dig towards the fans. From a man who for weeks on end has been blagging on about having to rebuild the club and trying to get the fans back on side, he does that.

Regardless of whether he's annoyed at the result, he shouldn't be taking it out on a local journalist who is a fan himself, he should be doing his upmost to be polite, in fact and try and build a rapport back up.

Haha didn't know swisdoms company Was doing work on the training ground, so that's why he's always backing the Belgians up
  • I doubt Slade would be privately happy with the fact that he hasn't got all the players he needs at this point, with the season underway! It was the sort of reaction a manager who is hurting would make - you see it all the time. He has to try to maintain morale, but surely it should be dawning on him that Roland is looking to recoup money lost and throw the team some crumbs. He probably think he needs to sell off a couple more assets and then it is time to go. Didn't he do something similar with Standard? I suppose that might be a good thing in some ways!
  • Whenever I heard Russell Slade when he was Manager of Orient on Radio London he always came across well, and always referred to Louis Orient equivalent on first name terms.

Either the pressure is getting to him, or people inside the club have (wrongly) told him to be wary of Louis
  • maybe Russell has cottoned on that Louis is a bell end?...

:wink:

• @LouisMend should have laid one on him!! Sarcastic prick!

Not sure he would have felt it mate.

maybe Russell has cottoned on that Louis is a bell end?...

:wink: