Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slade getting narky in post match interview

Comments

• I dont see why Slade would have any pressure, if he is sacked he gets a nice pay off and it wont hurt his chances of another job as everyone knows the club is a clusterfuck.
  • LuckyReds said:

My money is on a new manager by the end of September, with Roly and Katrien pointing out English isn't always better.

New manager will get no more resources either.

I'm past caring, bring back Fraeye.
  • I dont see why Slade would have any pressure, if he is sacked he gets a nice pay off and it wont hurt his chances of another job as everyone knows the club is a clusterfuck.

Some people hate failure, whether or not it comes with money.
  • That interview is a joke! Louis shouldn't have said sorry to the prick!

We are pessimistic because we have a living bitch of a CEO and aren't as early fooled as you Russell.

Oh I hate this lot with a passion!
  • Have always enjoyed Slade's interviews so far but this one almost has elements of Katie in it.
  • Rob said:

I don't think he sounded too bad. I read this thread first and was expecting far worse. Yes, he appeared a bit frustrated with some of the questions but that is understandable when you're trying to put a positive spin on things. He said it's a 'process' and about 'stability' and it really is. The last thing we need now is more change.

I don't know where our club is going but the constant fan negativity (yes, Louis is a fan) will not help the team on the pitch. I'm sure he senses that and it was probably the reason for some of his 'snappy' responses. He knows what is going on in the dressing room and how it affects his players. It's his job to keep them positive.

There's a fine line between protesting to get the regime out and doing it in such a way that it doesn't affect the players on the pitch. And that's the difficult bit.

How can players be detached from events when everybody is supposed to be in it together?
  • Thought it was a more of the same bog standard interview, but then he goes and says that at the end. More than a bit wanky.

I guess he was just a bit fed up, but on the heels of " Rojogate" does it show signs of something a bit deeper rotting the club from the inside?
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep on at him @LouisMend

Nothing I have seen from Slade so far has impressed me. The squad may be short of quality but there appears to be no structure, game plan or structure to the team.

I fear he is doomed to failure and I think he's starting to realise it.
  • I'm still happy with Slade. At least I enjoy searching for post-match interviews. If Louis had asked Luzon, Fraeye or Riga about the lack of new signings, it would have been something like:

"hah...welll, yesss *smiles* player is important..new-er playUR will be soon"
  • The biggest joke in all that having listened to it was the bit about 'enterprising play'

I was there last night, I didn't see any enterprising play.
  • shirty5 said:

Snappy Rusty showing his true colours in that interview. Your annoyed? You haven't had to put up for it for the past 2 1/2 years!

And neither will he.
  • cabbles said:

The biggest joke in all that having listened to it was the bit about 'enterprising play'

I agree.

Forget KM and RD, the players at Slade's disposal last night were more than good enough to beat Cheltenham convincingly.
  • 'Despite your pessimism' ! Has Slade not yet got to grips with what has being going on at the club. The total disdain the Owners have for the supporters! How can he seriously think there should not be pessimism shown by the supporters after such a woeful start!! Ridiculous for him to state such!
  • Called it a couple of weeks ago that he was like Dowie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like a manager running out of excuses to me.
  • cabbles said:

The biggest joke in all that having listened to it was the bit about 'enterprising play'

I thought he got his reviews mixed up and was talking about the new Star Trek film.

Pressure is getting to him, drab opening day, beaten by Cheltenham. What he saw as a nice breaking in period has turned into shite.
  • just had a listen, doesnt do himself any favours, wonder how he will react when we exit august with nil points.
  • Slade is finally realising that the regime is not backing the team and the job is a poisoned chalice until they have left.