Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slade getting narky in post match interview

Comments

• Gone at the beginning of Sep after the mystery signings really don't happen or mid September when the mystery signings are network players that are useless.
    Dead man walking already
  • I bet Nobby Vinegar would have laid one on 'im.
  • He should have said 'but hen you're more experienced with these owners than me Louis and I am still slightly optimistic whereas you are more realistically pessimistic'

But then he would have been fired.
  • Can't wait for us to score against Northampton so him and RoJo can tandem salute the crowd with the old Bras D'Honneur
  • Seems to have a bit of form for this, this was last season at Cardiff from Talksport

Ian Abrahams (Moose)Verified account
    @BroadcastMoose
    What a bad loser Russell Slade has become, friendly as anything in his Orient days,tonight point blank refused to do a post match interview

2:17 PM - 19 Apr 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

I think this is being taken WAY out of proportion

He's probably pissed off with transfers taking longer than they should but he's been doing this a long time and knows it sometimes takes too long. He's just seen his team lose, again, to an "inferior" team - I suspect words may have been exchanged in the changing room. I dare say he's read some of the comments on forums or has at least been made aware of them. I also think the RoJo situation has embarrassed him but was probably blown a bit out of proportion. YES it was a stupid thing Johnson did but he's not the first and won't be the last to lose their rag with supporters.

Fans feelings are running higher than ever right now. The people who were in the "lets see how the season starts" camp are now angry. The expectation is rapidly becoming dread and EVERYTHING that is said from players, Slade, the Board is being scrutinised and dissected.

If we continue to pigeonhole Russel Slade as one of the regime we will lose the only person at the club capable of communicating with us.

His sarcastic comment is likely opening a wound he can't do anything about right now so he is rightfully pissed off. It was clearly a question that was there to provoke a reaction and when it comes we are up in arms about it.

It was not there to provoke a reaction. It was a fair question as to why when previous time deadlines regarding transfers they had not been stuck to.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Swisdom said:

He's probably pissed off with transfers taking longer than they should but he's been doing this a long time and knows it sometimes takes too long. He's just seen his team lose, again, to an "inferior" team - I suspect words may have been exchanged in the changing room. I dare say he's read some of the comments on forums or has at least been made aware of them. I also think the RoJo situation has embarrassed him but was probably blown a bit out of proportion. YES it was a stupid thing Johnson did but he's not the first and won't be the last to lose their rag with supporters.

Fans feelings are running higher than ever right now. The people who were in the "lets see how the season starts" camp are now angry. The expectation is rapidly becoming dread and EVERYTHING that is said from players, Slade, the Board is being scrutinised and dissected.

If we continue to pigeonhole Russel Slade as one of the regime we will lose the only person at the club capable of communicating with us.

His sarcastic comment is likely opening a wound he can't do anything about right now so he is rightfully pissed off. It was clearly a question that was there to provoke a reaction and when it comes we are up in arms about it.

It was not there to provoke a reaction. It was a fair question as to why when previous time deadlines regarding transfers they had not been stuck to.
    It was pre meditated - I'm sure Louis mentioned he was going to do it on Charltonlive on Sunday.

• Essex_Al said:

Mate, Slade has just lost his second game in 4 days, has every right have the hump with regards losing and he has to do an interview a few minutes later!

I'd be more worried if he wasn't narky!

Louis is thick skinned, it won't bother him.

He's been a manager for 20 odd years hasn't he? By all means have the hump with the team or performance but he should have known better than to start making sarcastic, snidey comments in the current climate.
  • If we were splashing millions on big names, then I can understand, elongated process in signings. But as we are scraping the barrel for anyone, competing with the likes of Bury and York etc. The delays do.not bode well. Prepare to.be very underwhelmed !
  • Sponsored links:

• If you're going to get snarky in response to a question on Tuesday night, you have to expect to be asked the same question on Thursday afternoon.

So, we can either expect signings to be announced before Thursday's presser or some really interesting reactions during it.
  • tricky said:

I've just seen the video on Player - it's even worse with a few other digs and snide remarks from Slade that were missed off the Audioboom audio. Really poor form.

What else he say mate?

• Swisdom said:

I want to believe this, I really do but the evidence to the contrary is accumulating.
    Saturday's lineup, performance, result and then RS's comments afterwards will help to fill in the picture.
  • Pissed off manager reacting to a perfectly reasonable question. It happens but Slade ought to apologise privately at some point.
  • If he is already on the defensive about what he voluntarily said, and on the attack about fan's expectations (Louis is asking the questions we all want answers to), then he is already well on his way to losing the right to any respect.

The difference is that a 3 year contract means we will be waiting for him to resign rather than seeing Roland hand him a fat wad of cash.

Sadly I think we already know how much professional pride he has. I genuinely thought we'd have trouble employing any manager with the slightest pedigree. Perhaps he overestimated his own importance in the Charlton experiment?

• Is Dennis Pennis available after the game on saturday?