Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    No he won't. 
  • Options
    No thanks. Another headless chicken. 
  • Options
    Confidence player , fluctuating weight and no football intelligence. He might get in this side up front instead of Parker but nowhere near the thinking midfield 
  • Options
    Dunno about Cousins either... He's had long injuries to deal with (Yeah I know would fit in great here)

Would probably want him on trial first before offering him anything
  • Options
    I can't see Harriott coming back. Cousins on the other hand would definitely be improved by Lee Bowyer's coaching
  • Options
    Can't see Harriott fitting in our current system or being a Bowyer "type" of player. The former youth product who would fit into our current midfield best would have been Diego Poyet, before his career went down the pan completely
  • Options
    'Cally Messi'......er thanks, but no thanks
  • Options
    I'd rather have Callum back than Onyedinma. Cousins would be a real bonus - bear in mind we will not have Cullen on board next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never really set the place on fire did he.
    Good luck to the fella but think we should be able to do better, that’s assuming Goldfinger let’s us have the wear withal.
  • Options
    Would have cousins back and play him at RB 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Dunno about Cousins either... He's had long injuries to deal with (Yeah I know would fit in great here)

Would probably want him on trial first before offering him anything
    Cousins wasn't much cop, either.  When running with the ball, would never have it comfortably under control; he'd then hammer a long cross-field pass straight out play.  Composed, he was not.  
  • Options
    Callum: ran a lot with the ball, then eventually lost it.

Jordan: ran a lot without the ball.

Diego: didn't run much, with or without the ball, and passed it sideways.

Pass, maybe at right back as cover for Dijksteel, pass in that order.
  • Options
    I'd have none of our former players back except Gomez, Lookman and Grant and that's not going to happen
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I'd have none of our former players back except Gomez, Lookman and Grant and that's not going to happen
    Pope | Elliott | Randolph | Gudmundsson?
  • Options
    Pope | Elliott | Randolph | Gudmundsson?
    Shelvey, Konsa, Jenkinson?
  • Options
    Forgot about them - so many ex-keepers to chose from - Henderson and Hamer too - although I'm guessing all except Henderson will be on decent prem salaries - we could get better vfm elsewhere
  • Options
    Shelvey perhaps - was never that taken with Konsa and Jenkinson is so far in the wilderness I doubt he's the player he once showed the promise to be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest I'd take Morgan Fox back too - Havent had a settled Left-Back since he left
  • Options
    We haven't had a settled squad since he left with all the loan signings and departures but no thanks to the Fox - was never that impressed with him - think we need pace in the full back positions
  • Options
    We haven't had a settled squad since he left with all the loan signings and departures but no thanks to the Fox - was never that impressed with him - think we need pace in the full back positions
    Would agree we need pace in the Full-Back area what with them getting up field as part of the diamond and then being caught out of position potentially

Fox was more the Purrington type of Left-Back who could probably do a decent shift @ Centre-Back if called upon
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I like Harriot, but we shouldn't sign him because of his injury record. Losing injury-prone players (Page, Clarke, Best, Forster-Caskey, Pearce, Kashi) in key parts of previous seasons have been really costly for us.

• Options
    Even if he was decent (which he's not) i don't think he's the type of player to fit into the way a Bowyer team players. Not to mention he's played 24 league games in 3 seasons. We don't need another player sitting in the treatment room.
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    I think going forward, Jordon Cousin will either be a RB or a CB. I personally think he would make a good Centre back because he is good in the air and is tallish. His close control always let in down in midfield and his career has stagnated, not helped by injuries. I believe he played centre back for the young England teams until He was turned into a midfielder by Chris Powell ?
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    I think going forward, Jordon Cousin will either be a RB or a CB. I personally think he would make a good Centre back because he is good in the air and is tallish. His close control always let in down in midfield and his career has stagnated, not helped by injuries. I believe he played centre back for the young England teams until He was turned into a midfielder by Chris Powell ?
    At youth level he spent time at RB, CB and CM.
  • Options
    Callum might be going to Ipswich.
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    RB or wing back would make sense as he has a good engine and can get up and down the pitch well.

I'm not sure his career has stagnated, as to me he never looked in the same class as a Gomez, Lookman or Shelvey.
  • Options
    Harry Arter another ex player that would be good enough for our team.