Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    I thought Harriot did quite well at times in his cameo against Villa.

Some good pass and go touches- and his movement to get to the byeline, quick reaction to retrieve the loose ball and square across the goal line should have resulted in a second Charlton goal, if only Purrington had stayed on his feet at the far post.

No other Charlton player showed that penetration on Saturday.

• Options
    I would only sign him if Otzumer is a no go. 
  • Options
    looked ok on Saturday .. hope he re-signs for us
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Richard J said:
    Different players... Would sign them both
    Same here. Problem is Roland reads all of CAM, CDM, CM, LM, RM, LW, RW as 'Midfield' so we'll probably only see one join.
  • Options
    Just waiting for Callum to have a good handful of games and we'll see the old @ThomasDriesen pop up with "What a find of mind, glad Gallen and Bowyer took my advice"
  • Options
    I'm curious how much budget LB has left - I fear it's shockingly low...
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    They may be. 

Do we really want two physically smaller players in the same midfield ?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    They may be. 

Do we really want two physically smaller players in the same midfield ?
    Id say that Harriott would be played up front with him effectively replacing Karlan

Wouldnt see him in midfield unless we play a flat 4-4-2 but would then question who goes on the other flank - Oztumer on the hand would be an alternative option to Aneke at the top of the diamond
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happily take him. 

Can provide a good outlet for counter attacking football.
  • Options
    I'm curious how much budget LB has left - I fear it's shockingly low...
    No need to fear that it's low. We know it is.
  • Options

For some reason I read that as you thought he would be good on the counter of a football outlet. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

For some reason I read that as you thought he would be good on the counter of a football outlet. 
    Well if our budget is that poor then maybe he could do with a second job to bump those wages up!
  • Options
    Can someone change the thread title?
  • Options
    I agree a bench player, but for me a slight downgrade on Fosu.
  • Options
    As our 1st,2nd,3rd choice targets move to clubs with bigger budgets than us. I can see him signing could see him being a back up as a front two or in a 433 if we are chasing games wouldnt fit into a 352 or 41212
  • Options
    If there is any money left in the pot I can see us signing him, but it will be late in the day when we know what we have.
  • Options
    If there is any money left in the pot I can see us signing him, but it will be late in the day when we know what we have.
    Nor do we have to sign him before the 8th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I’d be disappointed if we resigned him. I hoped for better and really don’t think he is Championship standard

If he does resign, hopefully I’ll put my hands up in a few months and say I was wrong
    Beggars can’t be choosers. #JustSaying
  • Options
    Personally I’d be disappointed if we resigned him. I hoped for better and really don’t think he is Championship standard

If he does resign, hopefully I’ll put my hands up in a few months and say I was wrong
    He has been in championship for years. Compared to our squad he is much more 'championship standard' than them. I am not against you not rating him as he is a very marmite player but he has played at a higher level than majority of our squad. He looked good when he came on saturday and injected pave into our team which we were lacking.
  • Options

Think most would've said that at the start of the window. Unfortunately we're getting a bit desperate now. 
  • Options
    Yes, he looked good for 5 minutes then faded. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Beggars can’t be choosers. #JustSaying
    That’s what some were saying last year about our trialists. We waited and got better players on loan.
  • Options
    I don’t think other championship teams are rushing to sign him.  So wait until the end of window and see who we get,  if we are still short then sign him.  
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Reading nearly went down and they clearly didn't think he was good enough to keep.
  • Options
    I think he’s more Championship standard than Forster-Caskey...
  • Options
    #bringbackcallymessi
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

He has been in championship for years. Compared to our squad he is much more 'championship standard' than them. I am not against you not rating him as he is a very marmite player but he has played at a higher level than majority of our squad. He looked good when he came on saturday and injected pave into our team which we were lacking.

24 games in three seasons at Reading speaks volumes to me … and before someone says he was injured most of the time therein lies my point.