Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Not a surprise he left, and good luck, though surprised it took all summer to sort out
  • Sounded like a game in need of a pacey winger...
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Ok sorry @vff been busy. Apparently tex, Harriot and lookman are all sold. (Obviously Harriot has left since I heard this.)

There is an agreement with arsenal that we won't announce lookman sale or some shit. And it was kept from slade. He is also being told not to play lookman for more than 45mins

What you are describing is not only nonsensical but not possible in football
  • Chunes said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Ok sorry @vff been busy. Apparently tex, Harriot and lookman are all sold. (Obviously Harriot has left since I heard this.)

There is an agreement with arsenal that we won't announce lookman sale or some shit. And it was kept from slade. He is also being told not to play lookman for more than 45mins

Eh? Of course it is.
  • sam3110 said:

Never forgive him for that six yard open goal miss against Sheffield United in QF of FA Cup. Denied us a semi final at Wembley

I think you'll find Roland probably cost us the semi final.

Was a bad miss though. But in fairness Harriott did score in the Sheff wed game to help get us to that game.
    Powell technically cost us, played Tudgay up front on his own, as a defiant stand against RD
    True. Should have played Reza and Anil Koc instead.
  • Off_it said:

Chunes said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Eh? Of course it is.
    Lookman can't be "sold" until his registration transfers to the buying club, at which point he cannot play for us any longer.
  • Perhaps we should have been nicer to Callum last season. Abuse heaped at the Carling Cup match at Peterborough, fearful. 1 of only 2 players who could take on and beat a man gone with t'other one no doubt also exiting shortly.

• Off_it said:

Chunes said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Eh? Of course it is.
    Lookman can't be "sold" until his registration transfers to the buying club, at which point he cannot play for us any longer.
    But a deal can be done, which makes him as good as sold. Or maybe it's come from our end as there's interest and they don't want him crocked.

Anyway, I don't know if it's true or not, but it's definitely possible.
  • It's pretty obvious from team selection that something is going on with Lookman.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Chunes said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Eh? Of course it is.
    But a deal can be done, which makes him as good as sold. Or maybe it's come from our end as there's interest and they don't want him crocked.

Anyway, I don't know if it's true or not, but it's definitely possible.
    This is exactly how I read it. I imagine Arsenal may want to wait for their marquee signing to come in first to avoid criticism that they're doing things on the cheap again. We keep Lookman and he plays the odd cameo role to avoid injury. Win / win

Wouldn't put this past KM/RD at all.
  • It is a verbal agreement with arsenal. They are also discussing loan back but we want him off the wage bill which I find hard to believe, but you never know with this lot.

• 2nd goal was decent.

It's pretty obvious from team selection that something is going on with Lookman.

Apart from the fact that to me he doesn't look like a player that could last 45 minutes let alone 90 minutes my guess is he will start getting more match time and headlines after the transfer window closes
  • We're still a winger short, if/when Holmes gets injured we're in trouble.

It's pretty obvious from team selection that something is going on with Lookman.

Apart from the fact that to me he doesn't look like a player that could last 45 minutes let alone 90 minutes my guess is he will start getting more match time and headlines after the transfer window closes
    Who for though?

...once he's been sold.
  • Scored both goals for Reading last night to save them against MK Dons

Missed in the penalty shoot out as well. Eventful night for him.
  • Sponsored links:

He scored in our penalty shootout against RKC though didnt he? - Was just Johnson and Ahearne-Grant who missed wasnt it?

He scored in our penalty shootout against RKC though didnt he? - Was just Johnson and Ahearne-Grant who missed wasnt it?
    I believe so. I would love to say I was there to witness it, but I wasn't.
    No I'm happy to say I had better things to do than go to that Friendly.

Good to see he's remembered his true Charlton roots though... Save the day by scoring two goals giving people hope and then temporarily ruining everyone's night by missing his penalty in the shootout, only at Charlton could that happen!!

I believe so. I would love to say I was there to witness it, but I wasn't.
    No I'm happy to say I had better things to do than go to that Friendly.

Good to see he's remembered his true Charlton roots though... Save the day by scoring two goals giving people hope and then temporarily ruining everyone's night by missing his penalty in the shootout, only at Charlton could that happen!!
    or Reading

He had four days off in the summer from training and playing, he is a kid who has not come from out the academy route. It is perfectly feasible that he may be being sold / "promised" but it may equally be feasible that he is being managed back.
  • Kap10 said:

He had four days off in the summer from training and playing, he is a kid who has not come from out the academy route. It is perfectly feasible that he may be being sold / "promised" but it may equally be feasible that he is being managed back.
    And if it is the latter, then we should be happy, because previously there had been many occasions where players were thrown back in when they were not fully fit and ended up crocked again. I know Ade wasn't out injured, but if he isn't fully fit, then the chances of him picking up an injury obviously increase.
  • Kap10 said:

I agree with this but want to add something else to the equation. This is Roland's Charlton where a sensible approach isn't a consideration. We are holding back on playing him to prevent injury before the window slams shut. Come September, he will start more games if not sold

People spent all last season complaining we had over loaded our players, particularly our youngsters. Now one of our young players who did not get a proper break in close season is being used carefully and people are complaining we're not playing him enough and shouting consipracy.

Make up your minds people.

People spent all last season complaining we had over loaded our players, particularly our youngsters. Now one of our young players who did not get a proper break in close season is being used carefully and people are complaining we're not playing him enough and shouting consipracy.

Make up your minds people.
    Shut up Roland {