Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    cs1986 said:
    Personally I’d be disappointed if we resigned him. I hoped for better and really don’t think he is Championship standard

If he does resign, hopefully I’ll put my hands up in a few months and say I was wrong
    He has been in championship for years. Compared to our squad he is much more 'championship standard' than them. I am not against you not rating him as he is a very marmite player but he has played at a higher level than majority of our squad. He looked good when he came on saturday and injected pave into our team which we were lacking.

24 games in three seasons at Reading speaks volumes to me … and before someone says he was injured most of the time therein lies my point.
     How many championship games do our current players have in last 3 years? I wouldn't want him if we could get better but to me he is definitely championship quality and offers pace which we don't have in rest of squad.
  • Options
    Reading nearly went down and they clearly didn't think he was good enough to keep.
    Bolton did go down and Oztumer played a similar number of games
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Can someone change the thread title?
    Mods have a day off on Mondays.

• Options
    True 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Redrobo said:

My fault, I thought it was the one day they did something. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Redrobo said:

Unless it's a bank holiday and they're having it against the rockers at Brighton.
  • Options
    After Saturday I can't see what improvement CH can bring, even to the currently deficient squad.
    Alfie Doughty is a much better bet and will get the benefit of the doubt.  The reaction around us on Saturday as the uninitiated caught on that that was y'know that Callum Harriott, yes him from before, was a unanimous slump, sigh "no, really? why?"  The ensuing 23 minutes of aimless running, stopping and clattering the ball out of play did nothing to elevate anybody's humour.
    The past is a different country, they do things differently there - not so CH on a football pitch, the past in HD with the highlights edited out.
  • Options
    Callum has always flattered to deceive. Works hard enough. Looks good at times but decision making and end product woefully lacking. Not a kid anymore so unlikely to significantly improve but he knows the club and if he’s all we can get then so be it. Like AFKA above. If we sign him I’d be a bit disappointed because I thought we would bring in better than Callum but it is what it is.
  • Options
    After Saturday I can't see what improvement CH can bring, even to the currently deficient squad.
    Alfie Doughty is a much better bet and will get the benefit of the doubt.  The reaction around us on Saturday as the uninitiated caught on that that was y'know that Callum Harriott, yes him from before, was a unanimous slump, sigh "no, really? why?"  The ensuing 23 minutes of aimless running, stopping and clattering the ball out of play did nothing to elevate anybody's humour.
    The past is a different country, they do things differently there - not so CH on a football pitch, the past in HD with the highlights edited out.
    You forget the great run to by line and cross that should have been tapped in by Purrington?

If Alfie Doughty/Wiredu/Lapslie are anywhere near or starting 11 this season we are in massive trouble. None are ready or close to being ready.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was also a nice through-ball to Lapslie that ended with the latter putting in a poor cross 
  • Options
    You mean after playing a 23 minute cameo against a strong premier league team
    Spot on.
  • Options
    I think it is that some people don't rate him and hope to get better. I'm sure it is nothing personal.
  • Options
    It might also be where some see JFC they're not seeing Cullen or Bielik.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Harriot actually looked bright in a couple of moves before he faded. It is just a few of us think they know what he brings beacuse we know the player. In the case of JFC. He wasn't terrible - but he was a League One player before his injury ( a good one who could step up) but he has just come back from a serious injury and what he gives us this season in the Championship should be seen as a bonus.
  • Options
    The reality is though, this is exactly the kind of player we're shopping for. With our budget we're looking at L1 players who want to step up or Championship players who have been unlucky with injury or otherwise left their clubs and are looking to rebuild their reputation. The fact is, of all our signings this season the one with the most experience at the level we're currently playing at would be Harriott. In fact, if you take out Williams and Amos, who are in the same rebuilding stage as Harriott, Callum has more Championship appearances than Lockyer, Aneke, Bonne, Purrington and Oshilaja put together. Callum has over 100 Championship appearances. Purrington has 10. The other four have zero. He might not be who we were after in our minds when the final whistle went at Wembley, but with the ludicrous budget Roland has given Bowyer to work with he really might be one of the better options out there
  • Options
    Maybe, but it isn't a reason for us to be doing cartwheels!
  • Options
    Who said it was?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not you, but some seem to think that pointing out the perceived issues is scapegoating.
  • Options
    Bowyer has said he wants hungry players.

Harriot falls into that category. 

• Options
    If he signs does this thread title get changed to de confirmed?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Bowyer has said he wants hungry players.

Harriot falls into that category. 

Sign me then I didn't get this fat by a lack of hunger.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    With the size of our budget, I'd be happy to sign him again. A frustrating player, but Bowyer (and Jacko) have shown they are good at coaching and improving players and improving end product, as the raw talent has always been there
  • Options
    Happy for him to sign unless the budget suddenly increases.
  • Options
    Jacko knows him so will have vouched for his character.

• Options
    I imagine we will sign him, but only because LB didn't manage to get his first or maybe even second choice players in instead.
  • Options
    We have an extremely thin squad, any addition will be a plus at this point. I'd take him back.