Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated Squad Contract List - 12 May 2016

Comments

• Options
    If Diarra is staying for his swansong season that is the best piece of news I have heard from the club for a long time.

I hope we keep Harriott as well rather than this being a contract extension to allow us to get a few quid when we sell him.

I liked Motta but he's probably a bit pricey and maybe not the clogger we would need to support Solly assuming he stays.

Slightly surprised on Ansah as several posters had said he was good, disappointing not to agree terms there but probably a couple of years off full first team action so I'm not crying too much.

But Diarra staying, if we don't sell him, that's a very good thing indeed.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Glad Reza's gone. Solly put it best straight after the Huddersfield match : "You don't give a shit about Charlton."

Where did you hear this?
  • Options
    Sam Bone. Not signing. Source. His Dad.
  • Options

dallas said:

you can wright want you like about up dated squid list if the right money comes in for a player he will be sold

The list of squid for everyone who was wondering what the list mentioned here was:

Is a sick squid on there? Cos that's how much Roger Johnson is worth.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Glad Reza's gone. Solly put it best straight after the Huddersfield match : "You don't give a shit about Charlton."

Who heard this?
  • Options
    Even if it can't be attributed (and even if he didn't say it) it's a great quote.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Sam Bone. Not signing. Source. His Dad.

shame if true.
  • Options
    I have seen a lot of Sam Bone and i don't think he is quite good enough.
  • Options

It was Nathan Jones mate

Thanks. I thought it was a strange thing to say a few years ago and still do.

However, who am I to judge ?
    Pigott played several times for Southend and I thought he looked a very handy player....particularly in League 1 where we now find ourselves. I have a feeling his release may come back to bite us on the arse!
  • Options
    Even if Phillips wants to leave, by offering a contract to him it means the club will receive a fee from his next club due to development rules (I think)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

What I've seen in highlights and the couple U-18 games shown on YouTube is that he looks like he takes up good positions and looks comfortable on the ball but his passing seems to lack crispness and incisiveness that you need when you play at the back of the midfield. With Diarra and Kashi you have two great role models of how to play that role--Diarra absolutely pings passes at players looking for quick 1-2s. Kashi finesses the ball around a bit more.

Dickplumb you've obviously seen a lot more than I have. From what I watched I didn't see him breaking up play all too often either. My gut would say "not quite," but he is one I could see improving the higher the level of football/player around him.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

My exact thoughts

• Options
    Joe Aribo has had an excellent, consistent season. Edwards has had a few injury problems but he is a class player, but a bit small.

• Options
    Do you see Edwards possibly challenging Fox for the Left-Back spot next season?

(I say that because I see Holmes-Dennis more as a Wing-Back / Left-Winger rather than Left-Back)
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Edwards has had a few injury problems but he is a class player, but a bit small.

Could be describing Chris Solly
  • Options
    Positive news all round. I would have liked Motta to stay but wasn't expecting it.

Aribo is one who Euell said at the beginning of the season that he might challenge for the first team this year. Anyone think he could be in and around the squad next year? Type of attacking CM that we could use.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    And that is how you destroy hope!!

Although with Wigan, I thought they didnt bid again because after we reject their bid for Harriott they went for Michael Jacobs?
  • Options
    Complete non-piece that, probably just read this forum as their source.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would hope Joe Aribo and Archie Edwards will be challenging for a first team slot, along with Holmes- Dennis.
  • Options

Complete non-piece that, probably just read this forum as their source.

Can't even get Motta's position right
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

What I've seen in highlights and the couple U-18 games shown on YouTube is that he looks like he takes up good positions and looks comfortable on the ball but his passing seems to lack crispness and incisiveness that you need when you play at the back of the midfield. With Diarra and Kashi you have two great role models of how to play that role--Diarra absolutely pings passes at players looking for quick 1-2s. Kashi finesses the ball around a bit more.

Dickplumb you've obviously seen a lot more than I have. From what I watched I didn't see him breaking up play all too often either. My gut would say "not quite," but he is one I could see improving the higher the level of football/player around him.
    Only seen him on a couple of the You tube video's so can't judge but isn't he still 16? just 17? I'd also say him not signing most probably mean bigger/better fish are sniffing around. Hopefully you're right and he's more of a Sean Mcginty than a Jermain Defoe.
  • Options
    Sorry to see Staunton go. A player that I rated higher than Barnes. I thought he was physically and technically better and has played well in all the U21/Kent cup games this season.
  • Options

Do you see Edwards possibly challenging Fox for the Left-Back spot next season?

(I say that because I see Holmes-Dennis more as a Wing-Back / Left-Winger rather than Left-Back)

I don't, no. I see THD and Fox battling it out. I know we used to say Solly was small and it could be a problem but I think Edwards needs to do a lot of bulking up first. Especially as we are now in league 1.
  • Options
    nothing unexpected in that announcement. I always assumed they would trigger Harriott's clause so they can get a fee, Diarra I'm surprised at as he must be on decent wages and he's much better than League 1 but just because the clause has been triggered doesn't mean he will definately stay. Dmitrovic I'm pleased about, Phillips is a sensible decision if only to get a fee but we don't need four keepers so one will go, Henderson I assume. The rest goodbye and thanks, Reza you are a legend !!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Googbye Reza and dont come back. Enjoy the rest of your career in the Egypitan 3rd division. Absolute waste of space.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what people are basing their optimism of the likes of Diarra staying on, the contract extension means nothing except the Club know they are good enough to stay if the player wants to. If another Championship team puts in an offer for Diarra that will be him gone.

No coincidence all these youth players are being signed up to contracts, up to the first team squad they go. We won't fill many of the gaps with experienced pro's.

• Options
    braydex said:

It was Nathan Jones mate

Thanks. I thought it was a strange thing to say a few years ago and still do.

However, who am I to judge ?
    Pigott played several times for Southend and I thought he looked a very handy player....particularly in League 1 where we now find ourselves. I have a feeling his release may come back to bite us on the arse!
    I don't.
  • Options
    Greer and Zamora released by Brighton.

Old but experienced.

Too expensive no doubt.