Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated Squad Contract List - 12 May 2016

Comments

• Options
    you can wright want you like about up dated squid list if the right money comes in for a player he will be sold
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I know every team has injuries but if Kashi and Bauer had played a lot more games I think we would have stayed up

Probably worth pointing out that Bauer played in our 3-0 loss to Ipswich, 4-0 loss to Burnley, 3-0 loss to Boro, 3-0 loss to Brentford, 3-0 loss to Blackburn.
  • Options
    Charlton Alexandra for 2016/2017. A squad mainly of Under 21's with the odd sprinkling of League One experience players
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Charlton Alexandra for 2016/2017. A squad mainly of Under 21's with the odd sprinkling of League One experience players

= relegation
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 7m7 minutes ago
    #cafc have to announce released players by end of the week. Reza and Motta surely two that will go.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 6m6 minutes ago
    #cafc not got easy fat to trim. Nearly whole squad is contracted longer. Issue will be shifting ones new man won't want.
  • Options
    I think some of our signings failed to show what they are capable of because we have been unbalanced all season. We needed more established, experienced players in the starting eleven. Hansen's comment about winning nothing with kids is regularly brought up because he is right, you need experienced pros around the side. In the 1995-96 season when the 'kids' all played 20 games plus they also had Denis Irwin, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Cantona, Roy Keane and Giggs, who had been in the first team for four seasons, all playing 20 plus games and Brian McClair managed 10 games plus 12 as a sub.

This season we has Jackson, Cousins, Diarra and Solly. Fox and Gudmundsson started over twenty games but neither of them can be called experienced in the Championship.

Chances are a nucleus of players with a couple of successful seasons in League One would eb enough if we kept the best of the new signings from last summer, but I just don't trust KM to do that and there seems to be no one else in the building.
  • Options
    I'd take Suk Yun back as cover... Available on a free and is more than good enough for league 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

#cafc have to announce released players by end of the week. Reza and Motta surely two that will go.

#cafc not got easy fat to trim. Nearly whole squad is contracted longer. Issue will be shifting ones new man won't want.

The first issue is getting a new man in the first place to actually make that decision!
  • Options

ross1 said:

I know every team has injuries but if Kashi and Bauer had played a lot more games I think we would have stayed up

Probably worth pointing out that Bauer played in our 3-0 loss to Ipswich, 4-0 loss to Burnley, 3-0 loss to Boro, 3-0 loss to Brentford, 3-0 loss to Blackburn.
    Imagine how bad it could have been without him.
  • Options

The first issue is getting a new man in the first place to actually make that decision!
    Sadly we still have a CEO who will step in.

• Options
    Definitely need Diarra for another season at least;
  • Options

Definitely need Diarra for another season at least;

Long gone.
  • Options
    We won't keep anyone of value - we simply will not have the budget to pay for these guys. It will be flog them (if we can) or loan them out (if we can't sell them). We may even have a decent August, while some of the last few show their fitness before heading off, but after that it will be the kids, plus Jacko, RoJo, and anyone else we can't shift out until January.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Less than half your signings being a success can only be failure though. The rate they bring players from Europe of course they will get some right. That doesn't deserve praise when overall they have got it completely wrong.

If you're including signings from the season before then you can also add in Lepoint.

Last summers recruitment was a disaster. Out of 7 signings only 2 in Kashi and Bauer were good enough, and we've not actually seen those two over an entire season.

I'm not confident that the rest of them will be consistent enough in League One, compare them to the players we had when we won the title.

Is Sarr better than Taylor, Morrison or Cort? Ba better than Hollands or Stephens? Bergdich over Wiggins or Jackson? Ceballos better than Jackson, Green or Wagstaff? Makienok won't be here and he's of course nowhere near as good as Kermorgant.

I agree they may have potential, but we should have never brought in so many inexperienced players. Not only were several of them thrown into them team, they were alongside academy players with even less experience.

I take your point, but I would also say that sometimes players take more than a season to settle, especially when working under three coaches and playing alongside academy players. I think one of the biggest shortcomings of the regime has been signing players, chucking them in, then binning them off when they don't settle immediately.

With transfers, you can't always play the short game, you need to have players you bring in for the medium and longer term--Ba and Sarr being two examples of this for me. The problem is when you don't have a squad (until February) that can compete in the short term. We spent most of the season criticizing the players they signed, because that was all we had, when we should have been criticizing the players they didn't sign (which is hard to criticize things that don't exist).
    Unfortunately the "short" game is the only game we play.

I agree that some players, especially if young and coming from abroad, need more than one season but our players aren't given that.

Every season the squad is overhauled, during the season we have two or three head coaches and even more assistant coaches (6 last season).

This season will be no different. New manager, 10 or 12 first teamers leaving, maybe the same coming in.

No stability, no plan, no idea, no hope.
    Completely agree, and it means that players who do come in and succeed like Buyens and Bulot are not resigned (tbf I think Buyens' wanted to go back home), others, like Tucudean are shipped straight back out and not seen again for 18 months, and that's before you get to the fact that we've had four managers in two years. I know I say it over and over but it's where we miss a DoF who would provide continuity in recruiting players and managers.

@Simonsen you make a very good point about having Kashi and Bauer, especially under the dark days of Fraeye. If we'd had the ability to keep things tight at the back without sucking the life out of the game (Leeds), we had some players who could play on the counter attack.
  • Options
    No stability, no plan, no idea, no hope.

That is the perfect tag line for this regime @Henry Irving

Sharpie and bed sheet being prepared.
  • Options
    If Solly is being sold then Motta should definitely be signed up, experienced, can play right back or midfield and had technique and great ball delivery. Won't be found out by league 1 attacks as much either
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

If Solly is being sold then Motta should definitely be signed up, experienced, can play right back or midfield and had technique and great ball delivery. Won't be found out by league 1 attacks as much either

couldn't defend though which defeats the object somewhat

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Official retained list announced now
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-retained-list-201516-3119747.aspx

Harriott & Diarra trigger contract extensions, Reza & Motta off, no big surprises really
  • Options
    From the OS:

Charlton can confirm that seven players will be leaving the club this summer, following the conclusion of their contracts.

First-team duo Marco Motta and Reza Ghoochannejhad will depart. After joining in February, Motta made 12 appearances for the Addicks, while Iranian forward Ghoochannejhad turned out 42 times, scoring five goals, during his two and a half year stay in SE7.

Development squad players Zak Ansah, Alex Kelly, Ayo Obileye, Josh Staunton and Joe Pigott, who made his first-team debut in August 2013, will also be leaving.

Simon Makienok, Yun Suk-Young, Rod Fanni, Diego Poyet and Yaya Sanogo have left the club as well, following their loan spells.

Meanwhile, Callum Harriott, Alou Diarra, and Marko Dmitrovic have triggered one-year extensions to their current deals and the club have offered a new contract to 20-year-old goalkeeper Dillon Phillips. The stopper spent last season on loan at Cheltenham Town and played 37 games as they won the National League Premier.

We would like to thank all of the departing players for their efforts while with the club and wish them all the best in their future careers.
  • Options
    Dmitrovic, Pope (if he stays) Mitov and Phillips is decent enough for League 1 IMO.

Diarra and Jackson are vital older heads and Harriott should be averagely good in this league too
  • Options
    No real surprises there other than Dmitrovic which I'm very happy about. Good keeper and good competition with Pope.

It says offered a deal to Phillips so I guess it is his choice. Difficult one as he's injured.

Pleasing to see this announcement made early and players thanked. Yes, we have no manager but Simon Clark will be having his say and will Riga before he went.

We now await the news of who is sold and for how much.
  • Options
    Get in... I was convinced Diarra was off'
  • Options
    Diarra and Harriott staying has made next season a lot more positive. Shame Pigott went as I think he could've done a job in League One.

Although this doesn't mean we won't sell most of them on in the summer...
  • Options

No real surprises there other than Dmitrovic which I'm very happy about. Good keeper and good competition with Pope.

It says offered a deal to Phillips so I guess it is his choice. Difficult one as he's injured.

Pleasing to see this announcement made early and players thanked. Yes, we have no manager but Simon Clark will be having his say and will Riga before he went.

We now await the news of who is sold and for how much.

The other thing about Dmitrovic is you might get a couple of goals a season out of him!