Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated Squad Contract List - 12 May 2016

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    As said above, no real surprises other than Diara staying.

However, anyone worth a fee will probably go, as well as anyone on decent wages, so I'm not overly expecting Diara to stay, even though he may.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Rob62 said:

Glad Reza's gone. Solly put it best straight after the Huddersfield match : "You don't give a shit about Charlton."

Likewise. Absolute dross.
  • Options
    Is it just me that thinks the 1 year extra for diarra and harriot will only apply if both the player and club agree?
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Glad Reza's gone. Solly put it best straight after the Huddersfield match : "You don't give a shit about Charlton."

Awful player. Good riddance
  • Options
    Henry must be distraught that Zak Ansah has been released.
  • Options

Is it just me that thinks the 1 year extra for diarra and harriot will only apply if both the player and club agree?

I thought thats what the article said...?

i.e. Both the club and player have agreed hence the extensions being activated?
  • Options

Does seem a bit muted though. I'd have expected them to make more of Diarra and Harriot staying
  • Options
    I thought that once a contract triggers an extension both parties are locked in. That's why Yann refused to play. Right?
  • Options

Just said "triggered" which I'm reading as a specific date has passed.
    I would've thought they report it as contract extension agreed if that were the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeeeees, no escape for Diarra! You're stuck with us you beautiful, classy bastard

My thoughts exactly. Did a fist clench and shouted excitement when I saw that.

For me, best we could realistically hope for. Really glad we've triggered deals for Harriott, Marko, and Diarra, think that is very wise. I'm going to assume, perhaps somewhat naively, that because those deals were triggered that Diarra and Harriott in particular were willing to stay. I think if we were to lose Diarra we just wouldn't renew, can't see us selling him. As for Harriott, could see us signing just to sell but hoping he sticks around as he's shown himself to be good at L1 level.

Also really pleased we offered Phillips a new contract. I was, and still am a bit worried we'd lose him. I've not seen him personally but it sounds like he's done very well with Cheltenham and has gotten good reviews on here.

Off to a good start. Having a blinder if you consider that we have no manager/DoF/Scout etc. to actually make these decisions.
  • Options

Just said "triggered" which I'm reading as a specific date has passed.
    I would've thought they report it as contract extension agreed if that were the case.
    Clause can be triggered by any number or things, but I believe it's the club's option, so the player might have no say. In the case of Diarra, because I' guessing he's one of our highest earners, I suspect the club will have spoken to him before triggering the clause. Don't think he has sell on value, or at least not enough to cover the wages we'd pay (plus any trigger fee) while trying to sell.

With Harriott, as I said above, I could see it being the club triggering the clause to ensure they get a sell-on fee. Hoping they've consulted with him as well and that he is willing to stay, but the club would be silly to not renew and let him go for nothing as there will inevitably be teams interested in him.
  • Options

Yeeeees, no escape for Diarra! You're stuck with us you beautiful, classy bastard

Could still be sold..
  • Options
    Reza </3
  • Options

Tweet from Football League Zone

Charlton have released: Marco Motta, Reza Ghochannejhad, Joe Pigott, Zak Ansah, Alex Kelly, Josh Staunton & Ayo Obileye. #cafc
  • Options
    If Markos coming back from Spain it must mean Hendos going .
  • Options
    I'm not sure what the situation is with Tobi Sho-Silva and Montell Moore. Sho-Silva's 21 so I can't see him staying to play u21 games and be sent out on loan, he never seemed to be close to the first team. Moore's contract was confirmed on the OS in February.

They may well have already left or had signed extensions without the club mentioning it at all.

Here's an updated list with the recent contract news and today's list all taken into account.

Name - year contract expires.

Contracts expire on 30th June.

Goalkeepers

Marko Dmitrovic - 2017
    Stephen Henderson 2017
    Nick Pope 2018

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2017

Centre Backs

Roger Johnson 2017
    Harry Lennon 2018
    Patrick Bauer 2019
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Jorge Texieria 2020

Left Backs

Morgan Fox 2018
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2018

Right Midfielders

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 2019

Central Midfielders

Alou Diarra - 2017
    Johnnie Jackson 2017
    El-Hadji Ba 2018
    Ahmed Kashi 2018
    Jordan Cousins 2019

Left Midfielders

Callum Harriott - 2017
    Cristian Ceballos 2018
    Zakarya Bergdich 2019

Strikers

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
    George Tucudean 2017
    Tony Watt 2018
    Igor Vetokele 2019
    Ademola Lookman 2020

U21 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Dillon Phillips - 2016 *offered new contract*
    Dimitar Mitov 2017 plus one year option
    Jordan Beeney 2018 (had heard he signed a 2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal)

Right Backs

Aaron Barnes 2017

Centre Backs

Daniel Bowry 2017
    Terell Thomas 2017
    Ezri Konsa Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed December 2015)
    Kenneth Yao Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed January 2016)

Left Backs

Archie Edwards 2017 (estimated)

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2017 (estimated)
    Chris Millar - 2017
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2017
    Oliver Muldoon 2017
    Regan Charles-Cook Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed December 2015)
    George Lapslie 2019

Strikers

Brandon Hanlan 2018
    Mikhail Kennedy 2018
    Josh Umerah 2018

Unknown - released or contract extended?

Montell Moore - Striker
    Tobi Sho-Silva - Striker

U18 Second Years - to sign pro or be released

Callum Thomas - Goalkeeper
    Elan Assiana - Right Back/Centre Back
    Sam Bone - Central Midfielder

• Options

If Markos coming back from Spain it must mean Hendos going .

Definitely, not sure I believe he was out injured all that time after Pope came back into the team.
  • Options
    sorry to see Josh Staunton go. Showed some promise in the matches I've seen him play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Simon E said:

Charlton have released: Marco Motta, Reza Ghochannejhad, Joe Pigott, Zak Ansah, Alex Kelly, Josh Staunton & Ayo Obileye. #cafc
    Who was it that said Joe Pigott, was the best natural finisher that he's worked with and this fella had also worked with Jermain Defoe ?

Damian Matthew ?
  • Options
    It was Nathan Jones mate
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Simon E said:

Who was it that said Joe Pigott, was the best natural finisher that he's worked with and this fella had also worked with Jermain Defoe ?

Damian Matthew ?
    Nathan Jones, now manager of Luton where Joe has been on loan
  • Options

Would have liked to have kept Motta. Think he was a decent player.

agreed and with Solly's injury record we are gonna need another decent right back .. also Fanni, an old un but a decent player
  • Options

Simon E said:

Damian Matthew ?
    Might be true but it takes a lot more than just finishing to make it as a striker Championship level or above.
  • Options
    How did Dmitrovic trigger a contract extension when he's been out on loan all season? He must have a network contract I guess!
  • Options
    edited May 2016

It was Nathan Jones mate

Thanks. I thought it was a strange thing to say a few years ago and still do.

However, who am I to judge ?
  • Options

How did Dmitrovic trigger a contract extension when he's been out on loan all season? He must have a network contract I guess!

Often contract extension clauses are nothing to do with games played and are simply whether or not the club think they have done well enough/shown enough promise to warrant another year at the club.
  • Options

Often contract extension clauses are nothing to do with games played and are simply whether or not the club think they have done well enough/shown enough promise to warrant another year at the club.
    I guess there's a possibility that BOTH Pope and Hendo might leave, Pope seems to be much sought after while Hendo is out of favour...
  • Options
    @Scoham Sho-Silva was released when he returned from his loan spell in Scotland. Remember there was that video that surfaced around March where it was explained he'd been released from Charlton. I don't think there was ever a formal announcement from the club though.

Don't know about Moore. I want to say he was signed on a deal until the end of the season. Didn't seem to feature much for the U-21s, did he?