Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has Katrien Resigned Yet?

Comments

• Fuck sake Katrien! Waiting for @decwarrington to tweet that she's stamped her feet and cried that she wants her mum.

• Glad to see that she is spending good money on this rather than her time on finding a manager.

Maybe she said to Wilder "we need to do the deal today as I'm self-promoting myself at yet another conference tomorrow"

• Always the victim Katrien.
  • So she's at this - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/business/business-sport/

How the f*%k does she find the time to go to all these conferences and business functions, does she never do any proper work? Why am I asking, I know the answer to that.

If anyone is in the area, she's at the BT Centre next to St Paul's Cathedral until around 5pm.
  • So instead of trying to find a manager she's at a conference moaning about the way she has been treated by fans when her and her pal are destroying Charlton.

I wonder if she knew she was going to get quoted direct to twitter when she put her hand up to speak.

• I hope its being videoed.

• If she was there yesterday, who was dealing with Wilder?

Mandy
  • Who invites her to these things?

Negotiated during the 15.20 Network and Refreshment break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking at the detailed agenda (scroll down for Day 2), it would appear that they've just finished a panel discussion on Governance in Sport.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/business/business-sport/11267454/business-of-sport-conference-agenda.html

I don't see any items on that agenda headed "An opportunity for members of the audience to have a moan about people being mean to them". She is utterly pathetic - thankfully there will be plenty of people attending that conference who will already know that.
  • An army of CAFC have tweeted him already. Love it!
  • Who invites her to these things?

You don't need an invite to sit in the audience, you just pay the hefty admission price. Been to similar (but far more tedious) events with my work. People go for networking as much as to listen to the presentations. She will undoubtedly be bending some poor blighter's ear everytime there's a coffee break with her pathetic tales of woe.
  • MrLargo said:

Who invites her to these things?

You don't need an invite to sit in the audience, you just pay the hefty admission price. Been to similar (but far more tedious) events with my work. People go for networking as much as to listen to the presentations. She will undoubtedly be bending some poor blighter's ear everytime there's a coffee break with her pathetic tales of woe.
    Who invites her to speak at them?
  • She spoke as a member of the audience. ie. questions from the panel and she put her hand up and spoke. It says it in the tweets.
  • Dave2l said:

The woman's main problem is, that if she is mentality going through absolute hell but sees it as a weakness to fully address it and seek help, she will suffer in the long term more so.

She wants to hide her feelings as her actual thoughts and feelings is a sign of defeat. She isn't protecting herself at all. The Dubai break was sheer desperation to just get away for a bit. People will inevitably look down on that action but she can't hack it.

She deserves what she gets but at the same time she knew absolutely nothing about football prior to being our CEO. That's not gana help is it? It also gives a false sense of self importance, being thrown into something you didn't even have to directly work hard at to achieve. It's pathetic.

I think RD should address the fact that he may have ruined this woman's life. Look at yourself in the mirror you old bastard.

But it's not just HER life that he's ruined....

• What did we all do to deserve this pathetic excuse for a human being?

This is beyond fucking belief.

Everything she and Duchâtelet do is the antithesis to sport.
  • Literally wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.

• It's a giggle though. Says she's been told not to speak to the media and then finds herself all over Twitter. Utterly clueless.
  • Sponsored links:

• did the posh brekkie at the valley go ahead in the end?
  • edited June 2016
    Still in a job with us I guess?

Would have been fired long ago in any other business.
  • Still in a job with us I guess?

The mutual loyalty between her and RD is a bit freaky.
  • edited June 2016
    RD has put 38 millions into Charlton, according to her. Apart from the pitch and seats, this has earned him a relegation, hatred from the majority of the fans, and some of the rubbish the club signed will now be sold for a fraction of what was paid for them (Vetokele). Since RD doesn't attend games or visit the club overmuch, possibly someone else must be responsible for squandering so much money. Other clubs can do relegation on a shoestring.
    Can you see where I am going with this Katrien?
  • Vetokele shouldn't have been "rubbish". Played far too much in his first season with injuries because RD wants small squads to give youngsters a chance.
  • edited June 2016
    Dave2l said:

Still in a job with us I guess?

The mutual loyalty between her and RD is a bit freaky.
    It's nothing new in the sense that a younger woman with ambition making her way in the world is seduced in the business sense by a man who has the power and money from a successful venture to elevate her into a position for which she is entirely unsuited and unprepared. Its called a sinecure I think - the dictionary says 'a position that requires little work but usually yields profit or honour. Meire has accomplished both - a handsome salary and a top award this year from her former University.

For what? turning up at match days only 1.5 hours before k.o. Keeping 2 days per week free from 'appointments'
    Leading in contract negotiations with players and managers with no clue as to what is required? The list of incompetent actions and inappropriate comments is too long to mention and has been well aired on CL.

But all with the predictable result that it ends in tears - but not hers - she will walk away with a golden handshake and a parachute into the next Duchatelet role whilst leaving a trail of destruction in her wake.

In the film Spinal Tap the lead singer Vince St Hubbins finds his girlfriend Jeanine a role in the band banging a tambourine on stage during their gigs. The effect on the unity and camaraderie of the band is catastrophic leading to a major split, the sacking of lead guitarist Nigel Tuffnell and the break-up of the group.

Meire?
    Still banging that tambourine oblivious to the fact that everything around her is disintegrating.
  • I struggle to understand the dynamic of the Duchatelet / Meire relationship. In any sensibly run business she would have been sacked ages ago. It strikes me as something like a billionaire buying his 'trophy wife' a business to keep her occupied and indulged but the minute any decision is required that actually effects his own money she is instantly over-ruled.
  • I long since tried to get my head round the Roland-Katrien relationship. But clearly he will back her whatever she does, and equally she knows this is a one-off chance to make a name for herself, which she has done but not quite in the way she hoped.

We have to accept while the bargain-basement Robert Maxwell owns the club, she's going nowhere. All we can do is make her life hell.