Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has Katrien Resigned Yet?

Comments

• So where and when did her and sugar daddy Murray go? And mr happy bodyguard? And why did Sue Parkes not go with them? No info from the fan employees?
  • 'I realise there is nobody to hide behind now'.

No love, not even a fucking great banner!

Or a sofa.
  • h said:

@mackle they were filming the crowd (not the match) during and after from NWA. They certainly will see it.

That camera spent the whole time in the second half filming the section I was in in the North Upper. I can understand filming the North Lower, but this just made no sense.

Did get a number of waves though, friendly bunch we are

• edited May 2016

h said:

@mackle they were filming the crowd (not the match) during and after from NWA. They certainly will see it.

That camera spent the whole time in the second half filming the section I was in in the North Upper. I can understand filming the North Lower, but this just made no sense.

"What a way to run a railroad". An incompetent, overcomplex, or disastrous way of doing something; a flawed and botched methodology.
  • h said:

Personally, I'd suggest that CARD should try to allocate fans to film those filming the fans....
  • We now face a significant week in the affairs of Charlton Athletic.

I don't underestimate this regime's capacity for madness and delusion, but I really can't in my wildest imaginings see how Katrien can continue?
    What on earth can be the story?
    Even if Katrien lists in detail and chronological order all of her calamities, even if she apologises for every one of them from the heart, even if it is admitted mistakes have been made, lessons learned, change coming...how can it be credible that Katrien has the capacity to do this job in the future?
  • Wouldn't it be great if Wilder agrees to join but only if Meire goes. That may be Roland's best way out of this mess.
  • Wouldn't it be great if Wilder agrees to join but only if Meire goes. That may be Roland's best way out of this mess.

No chance would he agree to that.
    She will be promoted to another job within his empire. No way will he or her be seen to have given in to the peasant hordes of SE7.
  • edited May 2016

h said:

Yes I spent a fair amount of time 'waving' at that camera
  • Now what we need is the unlovely Katie promising to run round the Valley naked with an 'Addock up her a**e if Katrien gets sacked.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Katrien goes, we get a new manager who looks like he might be the sort of man to pull it around if left to his own devices, and then he makes some decent signings, do we stop protesting?

I think this is a maybe. Katrien staying the answer would be no.

This could easily become a no. But it's not a no from me straight off the bat.
  • After reading elsewhere that a mob stormed crossbars violently searching for katrien.
    Perhaps the club got wind of this and advised her to leave at half time.
    I am sure this would have shaken her up. It would shake me up too.
    She must surely know that her time is limited? If nothing else, I can't imagine that she will swan in to the ground on foot next season.
    She will be mad if she does.
  • edited May 2016

Wouldn't it be great if Wilder agrees to join but only if Meire goes. That may be Roland's best way out of this mess.

I didn't think there was a way out, but that is probably because I hadn't anticipated these two occurrences, which would be a massive U-turn on Roland's part. I do think this could be a way out for him which would allow him to stay as owner - as long as the change of approach was communicated correctly to fans. He has to move Meire out though - that is very important.
  • The liar banner and a whole stadium chanting Liar, liar, liar at you would have to go down as an all time low in that job.

I can't think of any other role where you would be that that exposed.

To over use her phrase, it's wierd (meaning unique). A uniquely poor performance exposed to the world...

Personally I don't care if she never gets another job again, I just want her to leave this one.

I think a CEO and chairman forced to flee the ground at half-time by their own supporters must rank as a career low ...
  • mogodon said:

The liar banner and a whole stadium chanting Liar, liar, liar at you would have to go down as an all time low in that job.

To over use her phrase, it's wierd (meaning unique). A uniquely poor performance exposed to the world...

Personally I don't care if she never gets another job again, I just want her to leave this one.

I think a CEO and chairman forced to flee the ground at half-time by their own supporters must rank as a career low ...
    Hmm, she's got a lot of contenders. For others though, most certainly would be.
  • After reading elsewhere that a mob stormed crossbars violently searching for katrien.
    She must surely know that her time is limited? If nothing else, I can't imagine that she will swan in to the ground on foot next season.

brilliant.

• kentred2 said:

So where and when did her and sugar daddy Murray go? And mr happy bodyguard? And why did Sue Parkes not go with them? No info from the fan employees?

Come on employee fans "that are Charlton through and through" what happened?
  • went to buy an 'office manager' door badge is my bet
  • h said:

Personally, I'd suggest that CARD should try to allocate fans to film those filming the fans....
    We took some pics and guess what - they didn't like it either :-)

Is that true (re Crossbars) ... if so, explains the lack of grins and early exit. They must have all been worried that it was really going get nasty at the final whistle, plus I suspect there was a hope that without them there then there was no object to protest at so it might die down quickly. Still, if she had any honour she's have taken the sofa with her at half-time rather than leave it all alone to face the mob.
  • Sponsored links:

No-one stormed it before kick off, I picked up my JJ shirt from there before the match, and no sign of any mob, angry or otherwise. Just the usual older fans and those with kids.
  • mogodon said:

After reading elsewhere that a mob stormed crossbars violently searching for katrien.

Is that true (re Crossbars) ... if so, explains the lack of grins and early exit. They must have all been worried that it was really going get nasty at the final whistle, plus I suspect there was a hope that without them there then there was no object to protest at so it might die down quickly. Still, if she had any honour she's have taken the sofa with her at half-time rather than leave it all alone to face the mob.
    Centre Circle suite after the game I'm led to believe
  • Sorry, it was centre circle lounge.
  • In the 60's, this used to happen all the time at Millwall. If their chairman, Mickey Purser, wasn't around to have a go at, they would smash the windows of his VW dealership in the Old Kent Road. Happy days!
  • mogodon said:

The liar banner and a whole stadium chanting Liar, liar, liar at you would have to go down as an all time low in that job.

number 2 after Sofagate.
  • Apparently she is busy shopping at DFS !
  • She's back ............

Declan Warrington ‏@decwarrington 12m12 minutes ago
    Katrien Meire, Charlton's much maligned CEO, claims she's recently had "abuse and criminal offences committed against her" #CAFC

Declan Warrington ‏@decwarrington 11m11 minutes ago
    "Some fans have crossed the line and it's just accepted... This is not what sport is about" #CAFC
    View conversation 0 retweets 0 likes

Declan Warrington ‏@decwarrington 9m9 minutes ago
    Meire also says she's been advised against speaking to the media #CAFC (she's speaking as audience member at Telegraph Business of Sport...)
  • Bubble said:

She's back ............

Declan Warrington ‏@decwarrington 12m12 minutes ago
    Katrien Meire, Charlton's much maligned CEO, claims she's recently had "abuse and criminal offences committed against her" #CAFC

Declan Warrington ‏@decwarrington 11m11 minutes ago
    "Some fans have crossed the line and it's just accepted... This is not what sport is about" #CAFC

Declan Warrington ‏@decwarrington 9m9 minutes ago
    Meire also says she's been advised against speaking to the media #CAFC (she's speaking as audience member at Telegraph Business of Sport...)

What they are doing to the club is criminal, so I don't have much sympathy.
  • Who's Dec Warrington?
  • Lets all start tweeting @decwarrington exactly what we think. But In a non violent/abusive way so he cant say "oh I see what you mean katy".