Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley Protests.

Comments

• Balloons are by far the easiest to get in, but I'd say stress balls are far better. Hardly any balloons actually got on but it looked good I suppose. Beach balls made much more of an effect but I'm guessing they're quite a bit more expensive, and need more to take in. With the fuss Burnley are kicking up and the FA investigation there's no doubt the searching will be stepped up a lot so I suppose we need to be a bit creative. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who was caught with anything was completely turned away.
  • Uboat said:

I've only got through the first coule of pages of this thread, but cannot believe the comments about being 'fair' to Burnley .......ffs....... whats it got to do with them ???? feck em.....- only Charlton fans would worry about the opposition team - this dredges new lows in my view of some Charlton fans.

Being too nice represents a new low? That's a bit unique, isn't it? I can think of a few worse things.

It's not even about being fair to Burnley. This war has been fought largely through the media. If we get that game called off, then we are the villains. Poor little Burnley. Charlton have gone to far this time. Lack of respect blah blah blah. Katrien can wring her hands and apologise on behalf of the club.

Maybe you can explain the benefits of being the game abandoned and we'll see if they outweigh the costs.
    Feck me - "being too nice represents a new low" - , i am at a loss !!!!!!!!!
  • i cant stop shaking my head. ................ffs................
  • edited April 2016

Uboat said:

I've only got through the first coule of pages of this thread, but cannot believe the comments about being 'fair' to Burnley .......ffs....... whats it got to do with them ???? feck em.....- only Charlton fans would worry about the opposition team - this dredges new lows in my view of some Charlton fans.

Being too nice represents a new low? That's a bit unique, isn't it? I can think of a few worse things.

It's not even about being fair to Burnley. This war has been fought largely through the media. If we get that game called off, then we are the villains. Poor little Burnley. Charlton have gone to far this time. Lack of respect blah blah blah. Katrien can wring her hands and apologise on behalf of the club.

Maybe you can explain the benefits of being the game abandoned and we'll see if they outweigh the costs.
    Feck me - "being too nice represents a new low" - , i am at a loss !!!!!!!!!
    You said it, so I'm confused by your confusion.
  • There must be something in the air in Belgium...
  • *sigh* - i give up, i cant be bothered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just reading through about the Burnley comments and sanctions we should get if the match is delayed / abandoned. Surely either would be of benefit to Burnley. If the game is delayed, they could have 10 minutes+ at the end of the game to know what result they need, so an advantage to them over Boro and Brighton. If the game is abandoned and the league deem there is not enough time to replay it due to scheduling off play off etc.. then they would have to award a three-nil win to Burnley. So why all the comments about sanctions etc???
  • Kap10 said:

I have some sympathy for the Burnley fans, who will have no real understanding of what is likely to happen, but I'm certain if the situation was reversed they'd do whatever they liked regardless of us. We're better than that.

What is your view on a match abandonment?
    May be counter-productive.
    Elaborate.
    Isn't it obvious? So far we have had the weight of the press and other fans and football groups behind us. If we were to pull a stunt like getting a match abandoned on the final day of the season, the goodwill we have in our favour could start to diminish.

Surely our aim is to remove our current owners, not to potentially ruin up to three other team's season?
  • Just reading through about the Burnley comments and sanctions we should get if the match is delayed / abandoned. Surely either would be of benefit to Burnley. If the game is delayed, they could have 10 minutes+ at the end of the game to know what result they need, so an advantage to them over Boro and Brighton. If the game is abandoned and the league deem there is not enough time to replay it due to scheduling off play off etc.. then they would have to award a three-nil win to Burnley. So why all the comments about sanctions etc???

It's not only about Burnley though is it? There are potentially three clubs fighting it out for automatic promotion and the title, including Brighton who helped us with our protests last week.
  • edited April 2016

Kap10 said:

I have some sympathy for the Burnley fans, who will have no real understanding of what is likely to happen, but I'm certain if the situation was reversed they'd do whatever they liked regardless of us. We're better than that.

What is your view on a match abandonment?
    May be counter-productive.
    Elaborate.
    Isn't it obvious? So far we have had the weight of the press and other fans and football groups behind us. If we were to pull a stunt like getting a match abandoned on the final day of the season, the goodwill we have in our favour could start to diminish.

Surely our aim is to remove our current owners, not to potentially ruin up to three other team's season?
    It won't ruin their season. 2 out of 3 of them will get in the Prem regardless and the other will definitely make the play-offs, which is the situation as it stands. Making them wait to find out who gets to go straight up will be frustrating but our cause is far more important than the FL's pissing contest. We have over a hundred years of our club's history at risk compared to a week of uncertainty over who gets to win the millions of pounds of Prem money. Lets face it, the FL had no cause to care about Blackpool's plight enough to do more than award a result because Blackpool's game had no impact on the season and in the eyes of the FL Blackpool are an unimportant club who they couldn't care less about.
  • As it's Burnley perhaps we should go retro for the day to commemorate our FA Cup triumph! I doubt the stewards will allow wooden rattles in but CARD could do some cheap caps, which may or may not end up on the pitch!!!
  • edited April 2016

I support protests, but I do not support any kind of movement to attempt to get the game abandoned.

Neither do I and as someone who is not willing to be involved in attempts to abandon the match I cannot support those who are planning to do so.

All I am saying is that our fight and protests, whatever the effect it has during the 90 minutes of play, are worth more than the FL's desire to get things done on the day. I also agree that if the result is delayed either beyond 5pm or has to be replayed then there is a sizeable risk of losing goodwill from the fans of other clubs, but at the end of the day what is this goodwill worth? RD does not care what we think, I'm sure he does not care what other fans think.

I also doubt the match will be abandoned, there seems to be very little desire to take the direct action Blackpool's fans did. We're a different club with a different mentality.
  • Fiiish said:

I support protests, but I do not support any kind of movement to attempt to get the game abandoned.

Neither do I and as someone who is not willing to be involved in attempts to abandon the match I cannot support those who are planning to do so.

All I am saying is that our fight and protests, whatever the effect it has during the 90 minutes of play, are worth more than the FL's desire to get things done on the day. I also agree that if the result is delayed either beyond 5pm or has to be replayed then there is a sizeable risk of losing goodwill from the fans of other clubs, but at the end of the day what is this goodwill worth? RD does not care what we think, I'm sure he does not care what other fans think.

I also doubt the match will be abandoned, there seems to be very little desire to take the direct action Blackpool's fans did. We're a different club with a different mentality.
    Then I think we have crossed wires. My points are particularly regarding the match being abandoned. There has been quite a bit of talk about it recently and I think it's a bad idea. We should however continue to protest in the normal way.

I will just say that the goodwill is worthwhile to our campaign. It adds credibility to the protests and ensures that we are seen as the good guys in all this. Whilst RD himself may not care, it does help to pile the pressure on the club.
  • edited April 2016

Fiiish said:

Then I think we have crossed wires. My points are particularly regarding the match being abandoned. There has been quite a bit of talk about it recently and I think it's a bad idea. We should however continue to protest in the normal way.

I will just say that the goodwill is worthwhile to our campaign. It adds credibility to the protests and ensures that we are seen as the good guys in all this. Whilst RD himself may not care, it does help to pile the pressure on the club.
    I think I am just being vitriolic with regards to people thinking it is more important Burnley getting their party and the FL avoiding grief than us getting our club back. The last thing I want is for my vitriol to be translated as support or a call to illegal or over-the-top action. I'm happy with the level of protests both inside and outside the stadiums, although I think the last game of the season really is 'kitchen sink' time as far as this kind of action goes. I'm certainly not going to be saying anything like 'no ifs, no buts' :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do we not like Burnley?

We were all friendly with Brighton and I know there is history there but many seem to really dislike Burnley. Just curious to know.
  • I think we were more than fair, (is there a word directly opposite to unfair?), to Burnley when we showed up at Turf Moor with old Laundry Basket in charge & just handed them 3 lovely points.

Anything that happens here to disrupt the game is the yin to that yang.
  • Millwall of the north.
  • edited April 2016

Just reading through about the Burnley comments and sanctions we should get if the match is delayed / abandoned. Surely either would be of benefit to Burnley. If the game is delayed, they could have 10 minutes+ at the end of the game to know what result they need, so an advantage to them over Boro and Brighton. If the game is abandoned and the league deem there is not enough time to replay it due to scheduling off play off etc.. then they would have to award a three-nil win to Burnley. So why all the comments about sanctions etc???

This thing about the League awarding a 3 point away win keeps cropping up and is just not true:

football-league.co.uk/global/section5.aspx

All the emphasis is on getting the game replayed. It is very much exceptional that the League even allow the result to stand let alone award a 3-0 win. Even the most recent Blackpool game that was abandoned was declared 0-0.

footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow01.htm

Given what is at stake there is a less than zero chance the League would award Burnley a 3-0 win in the event of an abandonment.
  • The game has to be disrupted to be fair to the other two teams.

KM and RM should be asked by the police to stay away so as not to inflame the situation with stupid grins.

Burnley supporters need to grow up and stop crying like little twats. There are things a lot more important than what time the game ends.

I hope we beat them now. They can then have a little grizzle at how the nasty balloons put their players off.
  • Redrobo said:

The game has to be disrupted to be fair to the other two teams.

KM and RM should be asked by the police to stay away so as not to inflame the situation with stupid grins.

Burnley supporters need to grow up and stop crying like little twats. There are things a lot more important than what time the game ends.

I hope we beat them now. They can then have a little grizzle at how the nasty balloons put their players off.

agree totally except the bold bit. Delay as much as possible, as often as possible, but not abandonment.
  • 25May98 said:

Why do we not like Burnley?

We were all friendly with Brighton and I know there is history there but many seem to really dislike Burnley. Just curious to know.

Because of the song in the Inbetweeners movie