Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Protests.

191011121315»

Comments

• Options

Think we need to take the initiative ourself so ahead of this game. CARD may well distribute, balls, sprouts, frisbee X, airplanes, inflatables, etc on the day. However, think we should all take along our pitch landing match disrupting artifacts. I will be taking couple tennis balls in my pants ! Xx

Thirded
    Fourthed. I'm also taking balls in his pants.
  • Options
    The protest needs to be something that makes it clear that KM and RD will not win - while they think they have a chance or they can take the moral high ground they will probably not sell, they have to put in a frame of mind that selling is the best way to cut their losses. Getting the game abandoned won't help achieve that - what might contribute is something in which all fans in the Stadium can be seen contributing - turning our backs to the pitch when the teams come out, everyone pointing at the directors box at the same time are possible ideas but there are more.

Eyes on the Prize as they used to say.
  • Options
    With regards to season ticket cards, Portsmouth for one don't issue a new card for new season tickets. The card just continues to be active for the following season. For the people that might still renew next season CAFC may do the same but who knows).
  • Options
    bc_addick said:

With regards to season ticket cards, Portsmouth for one don't issue a new card for new season tickets. The card just continues to be active for the following season. For the people that might still renew next season CAFC may do the same but who knows).

So for the 3000 that do not renew we'll probably get a free season ticket.

It would not surprise me to find you'll still get in on the old card!

• Options
    People talking about bringing some eggs and flour along, do you want me to bring along me food fixer.....
  • Options
    edited May 2016

People talking about bringing some eggs and flour along, do you want me to bring along me food mixer.....

If I was you MIA I'd put my teeth in for sure otherwise you'd look a bit like the Wealdstone Raider :wink:
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

sammy391 said:

Just a reminder that Charlton , the police & the FA will be monitoring these forums and Twitter closely regarding protest ideas - the FA are looking to come down very hard on the club should anything delay the game ....
    https://mobile.twitter.com/i/status/726689308934045698/photo/1

That article has really infuriated me. Fuck the Football League.

Where have they been in the situations leading up to these protests?
    Where have they been since November?
    Where were they been when supporters and the supporters trust were in a battle for communications with the owners?

Where have they been for Blackpool fans?
    Where have they been when Blackpool fans have been left confused over some of the "curiosities" in their board room?

Now they want to take an interest? Now it could bother the Sky schedule for 10 minutes? Now it may effect one of the other clubs joining the "big boys league"?

Nothing the Football League does is for the fans. Nothing the Football League does benefits anyone else other than the Football League.

We talk about "Fit and Proper" owners, but to an observer it would appear that the organisation that oversees those requires is not "Fit and Proper".
    Fit and Proper basically exists so that the Football League don't get tarnished with another Portsmouth debacle, because (1) It made the Football League look bad (2) It made the Football League do some actual work!!
  • Options
    Last game I was waved through - overweight in large jacket that could have been hiding pretty much anything - and my wife right behind me - 8 stone, tight jumper and jeans, no bag - was thoroughly searched. Not sure what the stewards' brief is but it seems utterly random.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Last game I was waved through - overweight in large jacket that could have been hiding pretty much anything - and my wife right behind me - 8 stone, tight jumper and jeans, no bag - was thoroughly searched. Not sure what the stewards' brief is but it seems utterly random.

Indeed. They were searching people up ahead of me so I promptly shoved some beach balls down my trousers and balloons in my shoes. But as soon as the queue reached more than 5 people they stopped bothering.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've said on another post that for me these protests aren't just against Roland but also against this "fit & proper person" BS the football league have failed to execute in multiple cases.
    CARD demonstrating within the realms of the law is admirable and aids our cause but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a vigilante pitch invasion/storming of the directors box to up the ante (still nonviolent of course) ESPECIALLY now Burnley are already promoted.
    We'll be live on Sky for the last time in a long time. Who cares how many people we annoy, it's about making the powers that be stand up and take notice.
    All eyes on us so let's make them count!
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Hold on, you are not that Florida Addick bloke are you?
  • Options
    Awesome video. How can these protests not have been effective? Well done to you all and for CARD'S leadership.
    Look forward to watching something special unfold this weekend.
  • Options
    no no you've got it all wrong RD says there are only 200 protestors and he knows as he's a rich man and what he says goes 'cause he owns the club
  • Options
    Uboat said:

mogodon said:

Doesn't sound random to me.
    I might see if I can get hold of an orange coat on Saturday and impersonate a steward then. If it goes ok I might just turn up at random events, such as take that concerts.