Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley Protests.

Comments

• sammy391 said:

Burnley posted a £30m profit this season , so forgive me for not feeling sorry about their possible promotion bring ruined

Thanks to parachute payments
  • sammy391 said:

Burnley posted a £30m profit this season , so forgive me for not feeling sorry about their possible promotion bring ruined

Thanks to parachute payments
    Precisely
  • vff said:

If the game gets abandoned, and burnley get handed a 3-0 win, and that stopped Brighton going up would be a nice way to repay them for yesterday.

The game would be replayed. The league hand out 3-0 away victories in circumstances where no promotion / relegation issues are decided. I think when Blackpool invaded the pitch last season, it was awarded 3-0 to the away team and not replayed. Brighton would definitely insist on the game being replayed in the instance of an abandonment.

Teixeira was told that he couldn't go on his holiday for week after the season ends shows that the club may have completed some pre-planning (first time for everything). The match would be replayed. It would be difficult to stop sustained low level interruptions during the game or a sustained pitch incursion. Though, I am doubtful that a pitch incursion during the match is likely, after the last protestor was hung out to dry.

Another sustained, entertaining, angry and large protest would get good coverage. It would drive home the point internationally as well as to how badly Duchatelet has wrecked the club and the supporter relationship.
    My issue is that in two different games, the outcomes could be completely different. Burnley may turn up raring to go and ready mentally for the last game of the season. The match being abandoned and having to be squeezed in at some other time could have a negative affect on them. I do not think it's fair.

I know many may not share this opinion, but as I said above, think if the roles were reversed, would WE think it was fair for an opponent's fans to get a match abandoned if it was crucial to our chances to win a title or secure promotion? I would suggest that the vast majority of Charlton fans would not be impressed at the prospect.
    Without reading the remaining 10 pages on this thread so I don't know what others have said but having been through the mismanagement that we are going through I would imagine that the majority of Charlton fans would be sympathetic & say Go for it lads, do whatever you have to to SAVE your clubs future. Unbelievable that there are some more worried about another clubs promotion than the future of OUR club. There are at times more important things then merely gaining promotion.
    I disagree. I think when it comes down to it, if another club could possibly put our promotion at risk through protest, the vast majority of Charlton fans would not be happy. Besides, the future of Charlton does not hang on this match.
    Would it not be unfair to cause delays in matches against Boro and Brighton but not Burnley?
    We've got to protest in the interest of fairness and for the sake of the integrity of the competition imo
  • I agree.
  • I like the idea of throwing the season tickets but it needs a little preparation so that you don't get in trouble. Before the match, use a permanent marker and black out all the details on the card and the barcode or scratch it off, being careful not to damage the card in any way other than aesthetically.
    Touch in to get into the ground as usual.
    Once inside, snap it in half so that the contactless chip is broken and details cannot be read.
    Throw onto pitch as necessary.

In addition, the season ticket can be broken down into quite a few parts: Apart from the card itself, the black wallet it comes in and also the card inside detailing the match fixtures, thus giving three components. As regards 'defacing' the season ticket before getting to seat, need to be very careful to make a really good job of it because I am sure 'they' will scrutinise very carefully any that end up on the pitch.

Also. as regards more physical actions that have been mentioned here and there, I would just like to say, please for your own sakes think very carefully . The regime would love to get some prosecutions as a result of the Burnley match. Criminal conviction have a knock on effect - employment, house, car insurance, etc. Don't give Duchatelet, Meire and their lickspittles the satisfaction.
  • john3 said:

How about a random assortment of vegetables; some Brocolli,a few carrots,new potatoes,courgettes,sweetcorn,maybe add some fresh fish and a few supremes of chicken with a lobster or too and we all dress up as chefs and waiters so that KM's Restaurant Customers scenario takes on a whole new dimension.

Soup as a starter?
  • Sponsored links:

• I like the idea of throwing the season tickets but it needs a little preparation so that you don't get in trouble. Before the match, use a permanent marker and black out all the details on the card and the barcode or scratch it off, being careful not to damage the card in any way other than aesthetically.
    Touch in to get into the ground as usual.
    Once inside, snap it in half so that the contactless chip is broken and details cannot be read.
    Throw onto pitch as necessary.

Or bring the marker pen into the ground with you. Deface ticket as described and then throw ticket and marker pen onto field. Double whammy.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Why would you throw a water bomb on the pitch anyway? The Directors Box is a different story (not urine though.)

Why not ? Anything & everything on the pitch (not urine tho')
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I would like to suggest that everyone either brings a bag with them or rucksack, even if there's nothing in it. Give the stewards something to do and make them search an empty bag.

A carrier bag with some old newspapers in, anything to make them search it.

Funnily enough, I walked into the west lower for the Boro game with a bag (and multiple beach balls hidden inside my coat), and for one of the few times in 30+ years, I wasn't searched at all.
    Best place for beach balls (Uninflated :-)) is in yer underpants
  • Anyone looking to buy stuff for their summer holidays like beach balls or bouncy bounce balls instead of paying stupid money on amazon for express delivery go on ebay & you can get them delivered to your local Argos free by thursday (at the moment)
  • The season tickets are like Oyster cards, even if you cover the barcode they can still read your information. Just a heads up
  • robroy said:

The season tickets are like Oyster cards, even if you cover the barcode they can still read your information. Just a heads up

That's a blow. I was planning to throw my oyster card.
  • So Burnley are up.Anything we do will not be bad publicity as it affects no one.
  • Perhaps they'll join in the protests like Brighton....or perhaps they won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• timken said:

So Burnley are up.Anything we do will not be bad publicity as it affects no one.

That's my view too.

Hedging your bets there mate !

True. They might do.
  • I thought we should be cautious for this game for two reasons. Firstly, spoiling Burnley's day could have brought an over-reaction from the media, the FA or Burnley's fans. Secondly, whilst I can see why CARD want to go out of the season with a bang, I do wonder what happens next with a 3 month break. I'd much rather see things resume with a bang if the current regime is still there in August.

However, Burnley are up now so we might spoil their winners day but we are not jeopardising who goes up and who doesn't and not upsetting our friends from Brighton, which should not be forgotten. So, I think it's game on, but make sure the first day of next season is a mega protest if you know who are still infesting our club
  • Uboat said:

robroy said:

The season tickets are like Oyster cards, even if you cover the barcode they can still read your information. Just a heads up

That's a blow. I was planning to throw my oyster card.

Not if you manage to cut through the "chip" (only one chip! Typical Charlton) inside the card... But of course I'm not advertising that to anyone :wink:
  • Think we need to take the initiative ourself so ahead of this game. CARD may well distribute, balls, sprouts, frisbee X, airplanes, inflatables, etc on the day. However, think we should all take along our pitch landing match disrupting artifacts. I will be taking couple tennis balls in my pants ! Xx

Seconded!
  • Think we need to take the initiative ourself so ahead of this game. CARD may well distribute, balls, sprouts, frisbee X, airplanes, inflatables, etc on the day. However, think we should all take along our pitch landing match disrupting artifacts. I will be taking couple tennis balls in my pants ! Xx

Thirded